Please Lose Against the Bobcats

8th seed against the bulls please.

Miami in the first round is a guaranteed early exit from the playoffs.

A rose-less (or not 100% Rose) bulls will be a much easier opponent to deal with.​

Are you actually the real Rio Ferdinand? :teeth:

And yeah bro - you're 100% right. The Chicago matchup looks indeed better. Miami will kill us, while Chicago might struggle against us.

Even if it doesn't end up like this, I could live with a first round exit against Chicago, but getting bitch-slapped by Miami would ruin my whole damn summer!

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Even if we tank in Charlotte I'm pretty sure Sixers will also tank in Detroit they play without their starters already. So either way, we're getting 7th seed.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I guarantee you we will win if we play the Heat. They're looking real vulnerable right now

Let's stop this nonsense.

Heat are looking "vulnerable" because they're relaxing so that they will be full balls in the playoffs.

They're going to look like a different team once the Second Season starts.

If we play Heat and get closer than 10 points in any game of that series, I'll cut my left nut off and donate it to medicine.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Let's stop this nonsense.

Heat are looking "vulnerable" because they're relaxing so that they will be full balls in the playoffs.

They're going to look like a different team once the Second Season starts.

If we play Heat and get closer than 10 points in any game of that series, I'll cut my left nut off and donate it to medicine.

While we all know this is too good to be true, could we at least make it, if the knicks get closer than 10 in any game vs the heat you will never post here again?

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
If the Knicks purposely lose, they don't deserve anything out of the playoffs. If you're too scared to play Miami, then don't bother competing against the top teams at all. A good team plays to win every game. This thread is the epitome of defeatism.

agreed:this is a competitive sport; if you're scared of the competition you shouldn't be playing. This goes for the fans as well, you shouldn't be watching if you've already made up your mind that we're going to lose. Remember, the heat have everything to lose by not beating us. We have nothing to lose.
People forget that in the beginning of the season, before linsanity and melo's hot streak, we weren't even close to getting a playoff spot. Regardless of if we win or lose, (hopefully, win), I'm proud of our guys making it this far especially with all the sh*t we've been through.

miked1958

Rotation player
Even if we tank in Charlotte I'm pretty sure Sixers will also tank in Detroit they play without their starters already. So either way, we're getting 7th seed.
HaHa. Didnt think of it that way. So we may as well just play to win and let the chips fall where they may. The Garden will be rocking either way

nyk_nyk

All Star
If the Knicks purposely lose, they don't deserve anything out of the playoffs. If you're too scared to play Miami, then don't bother competing against the top teams at all. A good team plays to win every game. This thread is the epitome of defeatism.

Correction. THIS just about sums it up. Good post!

+1

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
stop being a lil bitch!! We play the Heat n thats that!! we can beat them ... only if our bench comes up big n we play D.. Heat bench doesnt scare us like the Chicagos.... plus who knows maybe one of the heat get injured... Heat can only beat us if Wade Lebron and Bosh play 90% all the time... if 1 of them has an off game theyre screwed
I agree with this, if we play Miami all we really have to worry about is Lebron, Wade, and Bosh.

Shump= we already saw what he can do against wade.

Melo= Always turns it up a notch vs Lebron, remember Lebron and wade are his buddies, he does not plan on getting outplayed and will give it his all in this series

STAT WHO? Jeffries/Chandler is more than enough to give Bosh some fits and throw him off his game.

If we play Chicago, we have to worry about their WHOLE TEAM, Including their bench who are just as strong as their Starters
, Chicago is the best defensive team in the league... and one of the best rebounding teams in the league. Don't have a orgasm just because we beat them once. We barely even escaped that game.

diddy_nyc

Rookie
Come on guys. Stop being little girls and man up. We can beat the Heat and we can beat the Bulls. I guarantee it! Our team has come together in the final stretch of the season and is playing some competitive basketball. Plus our bench is much more reliable than either two teams.

The key is for the Knicks to prevent James and wade from attacking the basket. This is where Miami gets most its points - in the paint.

The bulls are the complete opposite. They are a perimeter team, but will get second chance opportunities because of their aggressiveness on the glass.

Either way, I'm confident that our team will prevail.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I guarantee you we will win if we play the Heat. They're looking real vulnerable right now

You must be high on some super bud. Guarantees??

TdocR.gif

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
You guys act like the Bulls are chop liver...... Either way we are gonna have a REALLY tough first round matchup.. Aint no point in tanking
Worth some rep points, i could of swore the Bulls were the number one seed and were the number one seed half the season without Derrick Rose. I don't see why anyone would take them lightly

(one) heroic win over them because of Melo, and now automatically the bulls are cheesecake?

iSaYughh

Starter
We can't be candy ass pansies about this.

We shouldn't disgrace ourselves and the franchise by just trying to be barely above mediocre, and hoping to sneak into the 2nd round -- like some nerd hoping the prom queen takes mercy on him and pity ****s him one time.

Either way, we will need to be good enough to legitimately battle MIA, CHI, etc....We are who we are -- I'd rather find out exactly where we do stand in the NBA, than have it disguised for the hopes of a lone victory.

I agree that MIA is a lot tougher match up:

from a pure talent standpoint, I think we can def contend with, if not eclipse, the Bulls.

MIA has the firepower to just mow our asses down, even if we are playing well.

Also, being girly about this and hoping we play CHI, only to get embarassed by CHI, would just be shameful.

Plus, MIA will be all the tighter in a 1st round matchup versus us -- if you wanna test the maybe-chink in MIA's armor (their mettle, the clutchness of Lebron, whether Chris Bosh has champ in him, etc) 1st round is the time to do it.

Let's **** the Cats up gangbang style and carry that over into the playoffs.

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
I think we match up really well with the Bulls but i'll never advocate tanking a game to get a preferred matchup. You play to win every game. Even if you are resting some players the other guys on the team need to step it up and get the W. It's good for morale and confidence going into the playoffs. I think they should get the ball in shump's hand a whole lot this game and let him build some of that. The rook is gonna need to play heady against which ever team we face.

What a season it has been for these knicks and I think a lot of fans, including our own faithful, tend to undersell this team. Remember that they have opperated most of the season without a true PG or coach, missed significant time from Melo and Amar'e, significant injuries to other players have hindered their performance (TC, BD), Have a super young back court (shump, fields, lin) Got nothing out of Toney Douglas and have Mike "The Walking Dead" Bibby currently getting about 25 minutes a game.

With Melo and Amar'e healthy, TC finally over his nagging wrist and groin injuries, Shump hitting his stride defensively, B.Diddy finally starting to play to his potential and JR getting focused at just the right time this team is DANGEROUS in the first round. ask team 1, 2, and 3 who they want to face in the first round.

It ain't us!

miked1958

Rotation player
We can't be candy ass pansies about this.

We shouldn't disgrace ourselves and the franchise by just trying to be barely above mediocre, and hoping to sneak into the 2nd round -- like some nerd hoping the prom queen takes mercy on him and pity ****s him one time.

Either way, we will need to be good enough to legitimately battle MIA, CHI, etc....We are who we are -- I'd rather find out exactly where we do stand in the NBA, than have it disguised for the hopes of a lone victory.

I agree that MIA is a lot tougher match up:

from a pure talent standpoint, I think we can def contend with, if not eclipse, the Bulls.

MIA has the firepower to just mow our asses down, even if we are playing well.

Also, being girly about this and hoping we play CHI, only to get embarassed by CHI, would just be shameful.

Plus, MIA will be all the tighter in a 1st round matchup versus us -- if you wanna test the maybe-chink in MIA's armor (their mettle, the clutchness of Lebron, whether Chris Bosh has champ in him, etc) 1st round is the time to do it.

Let's **** the Cats up gangbang style and carry that over into the playoffs.
AGREED!!!!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Ian Begley ‏ @IanBegley

Carmelo politely dismissed the idea that the #Knicks would tank tomorrow (@bobcats) to try to face Chicago. "Come on man, next question," he said.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
I think we match up really well with the Bulls but i'll never advocate tanking a game to get a preferred matchup. You play to win every game. Even if you are resting some players the other guys on the team need to step it up and get the W. It's good for morale and confidence going into the playoffs. I think they should get the ball in shump's hand a whole lot this game and let him build some of that. The rook is gonna need to play heady against which ever team we face.

What a season it has been for these knicks and I think a lot of fans, including our own faithful, tend to undersell this team. Remember that they have opperated most of the season without a true PG or coach, missed significant time from Melo and Amar'e, significant injuries to other players have hindered their performance (TC, BD), Have a super young back court (shump, fields, lin) Got nothing out of Toney Douglas and have Mike "The Walking Dead" Bibby currently getting about 25 minutes a game.

With Melo and Amar'e healthy, TC finally over his nagging wrist and groin injuries, Shump hitting his stride defensively, B.Diddy finally starting to play to his potential and JR getting focused at just the right time this team is DANGEROUS in the first round. ask team 1, 2, and 3 who they want to face in the first round.

It ain't us!

"It's good for morale and confidence going into the playoffs."

"ask team 1, 2, and 3 who they want to face in the first round. It ain't us!"

Yes! &
:agreed::agreed::agreed: