Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please Lose Against the Bobcats

Superstar

I guarantee you we will win if we play the Heat. They're looking real vulnerable right now

Not at all smart to look passed the first round but If we stay at 7 and get the upset VS. the Heat, that second round match-up against either the Magic or indiana would be a real good look for us.

And even if we try to lose it's really difficult against this lame team.We can start with Bibby,Douglas,Jeffries,Gadjuric and Jordan and still win.

My only problem with playing the Heat is when they are hot we can't beat them.

I think I'd prefer the Bulls and I believe our frontcourt will be key.

1. Melo will CONSTANTLY **** on Deng, Luol is a good defender but not good enough to keep Melo locked up.

2. Amare in a wheelchair would destroy Boozer, if you have seen the way Bosh has been playing lately.. There is no way Amare will get the better of him.

3. Our bench needs to rebound! You know it's a given that Gibson & Asik will come out aggressive on the boards, if we match this intensity we can be successful.

Superstar

If the Knicks purposely lose, they don't deserve anything out of the playoffs. If you're too scared to play Miami, then don't bother competing against the top teams at all. A good team plays to win every game. This thread is the epitome of defeatism.

Originally Posted by Rioferd
    8th seed against the bulls please.

Miami in the first round is a guaranteed early exit from the playoffs.

A rose-less (or not 100% Rose) bulls will be a much easier opponent to deal with.
    Are you actually the real Rio Ferdinand?

And yeah bro - you're 100% right. The Chicago matchup looks indeed better. Miami will kill us, while Chicago might struggle against us.

Even if it doesn't end up like this, I could live with a first round exit against Chicago, but getting bitch-slapped by Miami would ruin my whole damn summer!

Even if we tank in Charlotte I'm pretty sure Sixers will also tank in Detroit they play without their starters already. So either way, we're getting 7th seed.

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    I guarantee you we will win if we play the Heat. They're looking real vulnerable right now
    Let's stop this nonsense.

Heat are looking "vulnerable" because they're relaxing so that they will be full balls in the playoffs.

They're going to look like a different team once the Second Season starts.

If we play Heat and get closer than 10 points in any game of that series, I'll cut my left nut off and donate it to medicine.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Let's stop this nonsense.

Heat are looking "vulnerable" because they're relaxing so that they will be full balls in the playoffs.

They're going to look like a different team once the Second Season starts.

If we play Heat and get closer than 10 points in any game of that series, I'll cut my left nut off and donate it to medicine.
    While we all know this is too good to be true, could we at least make it, if the knicks get closer than 10 in any game vs the heat you will never post here again?

Originally Posted by TakMan
    If the Knicks purposely lose, they don't deserve anything out of the playoffs. If you're too scared to play Miami, then don't bother competing against the top teams at all. A good team plays to win every game. This thread is the epitome of defeatism.
    agreed:this is a competitive sport; if you're scared of the competition you shouldn't be playing. This goes for the fans as well, you shouldn't be watching if you've already made up your mind that we're going to lose. Remember, the heat have everything to lose by not beating us. We have nothing to lose.
    People forget that in the beginning of the season, before linsanity and melo's hot streak, we weren't even close to getting a playoff spot. Regardless of if we win or lose, (hopefully, win), I'm proud of our guys making it this far especially with all the sh*t we've been through.

Superstar

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    Even if we tank in Charlotte I'm pretty sure Sixers will also tank in Detroit they play without their starters already. So either way, we're getting 7th seed.
    HaHa. Didnt think of it that way. So we may as well just play to win and let the chips fall where they may. The Garden will be rocking either way

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    You guys act like the Bulls are chop liver...... Either way we are gonna have a REALLY tough first round matchup.. Aint no point in tanking
    This just about sums it up.

+1

Originally Posted by TakMan
    Correction. THIS just about sums it up. Good post!

+1

Originally Posted by Number3
    stop being a lil bitch!! We play the Heat n thats that!! we can beat them ... only if our bench comes up big n we play D.. Heat bench doesnt scare us like the Chicagos.... plus who knows maybe one of the heat get injured... Heat can only beat us if Wade Lebron and Bosh play 90% all the time... if 1 of them has an off game theyre screwed
    I agree with this, if we play Miami all we really have to worry about is Lebron, Wade, and Bosh.

Shump= we already saw what he can do against wade.

Melo= Always turns it up a notch vs Lebron, remember Lebron and wade are his buddies, he does not plan on getting outplayed and will give it his all in this series

STAT WHO? Jeffries/Chandler is more than enough to give Bosh some fits and throw him off his game.

If we play Chicago, we have to worry about their WHOLE TEAM, Including their bench who are just as strong as their Starters
    , Chicago is the best defensive team in the league... and one of the best rebounding teams in the league. Don't have a orgasm just because we beat them once. We barely even escaped that game.

Come on guys. Stop being little girls and man up. We can beat the Heat and we can beat the Bulls. I guarantee it! Our team has come together in the final stretch of the season and is playing some competitive basketball. Plus our bench is much more reliable than either two teams.

The key is for the Knicks to prevent James and wade from attacking the basket. This is where Miami gets most its points - in the paint.

The bulls are the complete opposite. They are a perimeter team, but will get second chance opportunities because of their aggressiveness on the glass.

Either way, I'm confident that our team will prevail.