Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please Lose Against the Bobcats

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    I guarantee you we will win if we play the Heat. They're looking real vulnerable right now
    You must be high on some super bud. Guarantees??

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    You guys act like the Bulls are chop liver...... Either way we are gonna have a REALLY tough first round matchup.. Aint no point in tanking
    Worth some rep points, i could of swore the Bulls were the number one seed and were the number one seed half the season without Derrick Rose. I don't see why anyone would take them lightly

(one) heroic win over them because of Melo, and now automatically the bulls are cheesecake?

I would rather see a loss vs CHA and hope to take on CHI.

Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    I would rather see a loss vs CHA and hope to take on CHI.
    Lose to CHA??? You're invisible to me right now.

Veteran

We can't be candy ass pansies about this.

We shouldn't disgrace ourselves and the franchise by just trying to be barely above mediocre, and hoping to sneak into the 2nd round -- like some nerd hoping the prom queen takes mercy on him and pity ****s him one time.

Either way, we will need to be good enough to legitimately battle MIA, CHI, etc....We are who we are -- I'd rather find out exactly where we do stand in the NBA, than have it disguised for the hopes of a lone victory.

I agree that MIA is a lot tougher match up:

from a pure talent standpoint, I think we can def contend with, if not eclipse, the Bulls.

MIA has the firepower to just mow our asses down, even if we are playing well.

Also, being girly about this and hoping we play CHI, only to get embarassed by CHI, would just be shameful.

Plus, MIA will be all the tighter in a 1st round matchup versus us -- if you wanna test the maybe-chink in MIA's armor (their mettle, the clutchness of Lebron, whether Chris Bosh has champ in him, etc) 1st round is the time to do it.

Let's **** the Cats up gangbang style and carry that over into the playoffs.
    Last edited by iSaYughh; Apr 26, 2012 at 10:42. Reason: typo

I think we match up really well with the Bulls but i'll never advocate tanking a game to get a preferred matchup. You play to win every game. Even if you are resting some players the other guys on the team need to step it up and get the W. It's good for morale and confidence going into the playoffs. I think they should get the ball in shump's hand a whole lot this game and let him build some of that. The rook is gonna need to play heady against which ever team we face.

What a season it has been for these knicks and I think a lot of fans, including our own faithful, tend to undersell this team. Remember that they have opperated most of the season without a true PG or coach, missed significant time from Melo and Amar'e, significant injuries to other players have hindered their performance (TC, BD), Have a super young back court (shump, fields, lin) Got nothing out of Toney Douglas and have Mike "The Walking Dead" Bibby currently getting about 25 minutes a game.

With Melo and Amar'e healthy, TC finally over his nagging wrist and groin injuries, Shump hitting his stride defensively, B.Diddy finally starting to play to his potential and JR getting focused at just the right time this team is DANGEROUS in the first round. ask team 1, 2, and 3 who they want to face in the first round.

It ain't us!

Superstar

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

LOVE IT... Lets BLAST the Cats and give MJ a little payback for always ending our Dreams while he was a player by making his team the owner of the WORST winning % in NBA HISTORY!!!!

Superstar

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    We can't be candy ass pansies about this.

We shouldn't disgrace ourselves and the franchise by just trying to be barely above mediocre, and hoping to sneak into the 2nd round -- like some nerd hoping the prom queen takes mercy on him and pity ****s him one time.

Either way, we will need to be good enough to legitimately battle MIA, CHI, etc....We are who we are -- I'd rather find out exactly where we do stand in the NBA, than have it disguised for the hopes of a lone victory.

I agree that MIA is a lot tougher match up:

from a pure talent standpoint, I think we can def contend with, if not eclipse, the Bulls.

MIA has the firepower to just mow our asses down, even if we are playing well.

Also, being girly about this and hoping we play CHI, only to get embarassed by CHI, would just be shameful.

Plus, MIA will be all the tighter in a 1st round matchup versus us -- if you wanna test the maybe-chink in MIA's armor (their mettle, the clutchness of Lebron, whether Chris Bosh has champ in him, etc) 1st round is the time to do it.

Let's **** the Cats up gangbang style and carry that over into the playoffs.
    AGREED!!!!

Ian Begley ‏ @IanBegley

Carmelo politely dismissed the idea that the #Knicks would tank tomorrow (@bobcats) to try to face Chicago. "Come on man, next question," he said.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    I think we match up really well with the Bulls but i'll never advocate tanking a game to get a preferred matchup. You play to win every game. Even if you are resting some players the other guys on the team need to step it up and get the W. It's good for morale and confidence going into the playoffs. I think they should get the ball in shump's hand a whole lot this game and let him build some of that. The rook is gonna need to play heady against which ever team we face.

What a season it has been for these knicks and I think a lot of fans, including our own faithful, tend to undersell this team. Remember that they have opperated most of the season without a true PG or coach, missed significant time from Melo and Amar'e, significant injuries to other players have hindered their performance (TC, BD), Have a super young back court (shump, fields, lin) Got nothing out of Toney Douglas and have Mike "The Walking Dead" Bibby currently getting about 25 minutes a game.

With Melo and Amar'e healthy, TC finally over his nagging wrist and groin injuries, Shump hitting his stride defensively, B.Diddy finally starting to play to his potential and JR getting focused at just the right time this team is DANGEROUS in the first round. ask team 1, 2, and 3 who they want to face in the first round.

It ain't us!
    "It's good for morale and confidence going into the playoffs."

"ask team 1, 2, and 3 who they want to face in the first round. It ain't us!"

Yes! &

Veteran

^^you damn right. No one really wants to play us...especially now that our defense and the rest of our game has improved big time. We can do this

Originally Posted by p0nder

With Melo and Amar'e healthy, TC finally over hi"s nagging wrist and groin injuries, Shump hitting his stride defensively, B.Diddy finally starting to play to his potential and JR getting focused at just the right time this team is DANGEROUS in the first round. ask team 1, 2, and 3 who they want to face in the first round.

It ain't us!
    +1 rep sir! although, one criticism, stat needs to work on his defense, aside from those blocks he was playing "Matador defense"

I see we have alotta p*ssys exposing themselves in this thread....Bring on the HEAT!!! We finna sweep them

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I see we have alotta p*ssys exposing themselves in this thread....Bring on the HEAT!!! We finna sweep them

Haha

Landry Fields: "Are you afraid of the Miami Heat Tyson?"

Tyson Chandler: "I'm so afraid right now - I actually feel like Lebron before the Finals"

Says it with a smile on his face and then laughs his ass off with everybody else in the room.

This apparently happened at a team dinner last night I was told.
    Whether it's true or not, idk but hilarious nonetheless

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    bro.. all im saying is that i wouldnt mind seeing woody play with our bench players... its not like we have anything to lose.. the outcome can only be positive.
    Our starters rest.
    Bench players get some playing time.
    If we happen to lose, we might have a shot at playing banged-up CHI-town.

Only negative is that it might mean ending CHA's losing streak.