Please Lose Against the Bobcats

mafra

Legend
You were saying?

Of course it plays out this way. 1 more win and we beat INDY today. I less win and we play CHi sans Rose. Instead, we're heading for another sweep. Odds are we fail to score 20+ points in any quarter.

Sage

Rotation player
You were saying?

Impossible to predict Rose would go down with an injury, plus it was a pussy move by Philly to tank that last game. I'd be disgusted if we did that so I'll stand by my posts in this thread.

Arrius

Rookie
Also, being girly about this and hoping we play CHI, only to get embarassed by CHI, would just be shameful.

Plus, MIA will be all the tighter in a 1st round matchup versus us -- if you wanna test the maybe-chink in MIA's armor (their mettle, the clutchness of Lebron, whether Chris Bosh has champ in him, etc) 1st round is the time to do it.

There's nothing embarrassing about a 8 seed losing to a 1. Just like it's not embarrassing losing to the 2 seed. What's embarrassing is actually believing the Heat are an easier match up than the Bulls.

It's not as bad as it sounds to take the 8 seed with a much higher chance to move on and be tuned up for the Heat series later on rather than facing them right off. I don't know about some of you but getting past even 1 round is an accomplishment and earns player/team recognition for the future for a team that has been crappy for so long.

The Heat have looked like the Olympic team at times in the regular season and still people would rather go up against them rather than a banged up Rose. Even if he didn't get injured tonight it is a far better match up.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
There's nothing embarrassing about a 8 seed losing to a 1. Just like it's not embarrassing losing to the 2 seed. What's embarrassing is actually believing the Heat are an easier match up than the Bulls.

I think he meant just like that. Only reversed the teams. (It's emabarrassing for actually believing the Chicago are an easier match up than the Heat.)

We are playing the Heat anyway!

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Whole bunch of deluded people on this board.

This is a Heat team that went to the finals and are favorites for the title. They have the MVP on their team.

Vs. a Bulls team that hasn't accomplished anything of note other than in the regular season which means jackshit.

Rose has been banged up all year. What makes you think he would stay healthy for the playoffs?

Delusions. We're going to get swept in this series at the rate its going.

Because we've been destroyed by injuries to our own team and one of our "star" players is an idiot. I can't believe we are paying max money for stat.

Sage

Rotation player
This thread making some people look worse and worse by the day.

So I guess it can't be pointed out that if the Kncks lost to the Bobcats, they'd still be playing Miami?

The Knicks were chasing 6th and ended up only one game short. Really unsure where your argument is coming from. Yes we're stuck with Miami, but you can't promise me that we wouldn't be down 0-2 to Chicago either. Most of the people in this thread on both sides of the Chicago/Miami argument have some valid points for supporting their idea. I don't think anyone who's posted is "deluded" as you say.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
We should have tanked at the end of the season and made sure we got the 8th seed.

Anybody still want to play the heat? :lol:

Arrius

Rookie
I hope the guys who wanted to play the Heat first round are happy with the Knicks setting the consecutive playoff loss record.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Anybody STILL want to play the heat instead of the bulls?

Where are all those people saying the bulls have a deeper team and a good bench blah blah blah.

You must be joking right. Regular season is not playoffs. Thats a lesson for you young'uns.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Anybody STILL want to play the heat instead of the bulls?

Where are all those people saying the bulls have a deeper team and a good bench blah blah blah.

You must be joking right. Regular season is not playoffs. Thats a lesson for you young'uns.
I still liked that we played the heat even though we are most likely about to get swept.

This helps in the long run... hopefully this motivates us to get better, become stronger, continue to build our roaster and add more key pieces to the puzzle. We are getting better and better each season it's only a matter of time before we get things clicking.

I know the way things are now, its not looking to good. But i like to stay positive... grunwald <-- hopefully i spelled it right lol he's done a good job here so far bringing in Chandler signing Lin, Novak, Jr and hiring woodson. Overall i feel he's done a very good job, i have faith he will continue to do a good job and make us a better team.

Last edited:

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
If the Heat loses a SINGLE GAME in the Eastern Conference playoffs,....,. then that's a huge disappointment.

If they go undefeated in the East, ....well that's still pretty good for us...considering how dominant the Heat is...

rady

Administrator
Staff member
do you guys actually believe if we had the bulls in first round, rose would have suffered the injury just like he did against the sixers?

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
do you guys actually believe if we had the bulls in first round, rose would have suffered the injury just like he did against the sixers?

Good point! I've thought about that too. If the Bulls played us, The injury might not have taken place.