Rumour: Knicks preparing to offer a lucrative contract to Pjax

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Just learned the news too.

It was easier to hope for PJax in the beginning. But it's so tough to even think about it now. Woodson certainly has done hell of a job.

It might have marked a history moment, the rising (and soaring) of Woodson after this season.

If I must pick one. Let me say I will vote for master Woodson. (But I will still welcome PJax if he got more votes.)

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Just learned the news too.

It was easier to hope for PJax in the beginning. But it's so tough to even think about it now. Woodson certainly has done hell of a job.

It might have marked a history moment, the rising (and soaring) of Woodson after this season.

If I must pick one. Let me say I will vote for master Woodson. (But I will still welcome PJax if he got more votes.)

Agreed, I think if Woodson wins 2 playoff games this year he has done more than enough for an extension. Im actually terrified we might go all out for Phil, get rejected and lose Woodson in the process.

With a full offseason & training camp, bringing back everyone other than JR, I believe we are a 55 win team with Woodson good for the 3rd seed.

Of course Woodson has done a good job, but Phil Jackson is Phil Jackson.....more rings than fingers folks!

One must be stupid to NOT offer him a contract when he's available.

The triangle might be THE solution to get Melo, Amar'e and Tyson going on offense at the same time.

Because right now that's our main problem, the spacing, ball-movement and role-distribution are not good when all 3 of them are on the court at the same time. Particullary Amar'e looks lost when Tyson is on the floor and Melo seems to be at his best while playing the 4 spot (29 PER at PF vs 16.5 PER at SF).

The triangle could help with all that.

I'm more than ok with Woodson staying, but Jackson would be an upgrade, definitely.

If we could make one more dicisive move then....I'm thinking of something like Lin, STAT and Fields for Kevin Love. I know I'm obsessed with K-Love, but that guy is so good, it's almost ridiculous. Best PF in the league by quite some margin. The media hype Griffin, but Love is the real deal.

Him next to Melo, Chandler and Shump with Jackson as HC? It's a wrap! Better team than Miami.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Well the players would like to see woody retained. A first rd upset of mia/chi would do just that. Make it Happen.

fender0577

Rotation player
I'm on the fence about this, Woody has done a great job, but this is Phil.Damn, i guess i would be happy either way.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
source of this rumor? If its true, then the timing of it is awful. I love what Woodson is doing but if Pill is available we should not even think about it. Bring him and with upgrade at power forward position as Love for Stat and nobody is stopping us. Period.

tiger0330

Legend
source of this rumor? If its true, then the timing of it is awful. I love what Woodson is doing but if Pill is available we should not even think about it. Bring him and with upgrade at power forward position as Love for Stat and nobody is stopping us. Period.
That's why you can't take this rumor too seriously. Some writer from Racine, WI (of all places) was the source and it was only a footnote in his column . Let one of the NY beat writers or Woj of Yahoo mention it and maybe you can start taking this seriously.

http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/...e98-11e1-9647-001a4bcf887a.html#ixzz1t4nr05Ti

miked1958

Rotation player
That's why you can't take this rumor too seriously. Some writer from Racine, WI (of all places) was the source and it was only a footnote in his column . Let one of the NY beat writers or Woj of Yahoo mention it and maybe you can start taking this seriously.

http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/...e98-11e1-9647-001a4bcf887a.html#ixzz1t4nr05Ti

I agree.. the Timing of this is totally BADDDDD. We are on the doorstep of going into a playoff series with Miami or Chicago and we need to be as focused as possible. The last thing Woodson or the team need is a story about a HUGE offer the Knicks may or may not make to PJ if the Knicks dont get out of the first round. THAT IS NOT FAIR TO WOODSON AT ALL IMO

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I think the main issue with us is that we've been going through too many changes, which isn't allowing us to develop a good strategy for winning. I say we keep Woodson as well, he's done a hell of a job. our front office has a history of rewarding failure over success so if we screw over woodson, what's to say we won't screw PJax over if he doesn't get us a title?

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Of course Woodson has done a good job, but Phil Jackson is Phil Jackson.....more rings than fingers folks!

One must be stupid to NOT offer him a contract when he's available.

The triangle might be THE solution to get Melo, Amar'e and Tyson going on offense at the same time.

Because right now that's our main problem, the spacing, ball-movement and role-distribution are not good when all 3 of them are on the court at the same time. Particullary Amar'e looks lost when Tyson is on the floor and Melo seems to be at his best while playing the 4 spot (29 PER at PF vs 16.5 PER at SF).

The triangle could help with all that.

I'm more than ok with Woodson staying, but Jackson would be an upgrade, definitely.

If we could make one more dicisive move then....I'm thinking of something like Lin, STAT and Fields for Kevin Love. I know I'm obsessed with K-Love, but that guy is so good, it's almost ridiculous. Best PF in the league by quite some margin. The media hype Griffin, but Love is the real deal.

Him next to Melo, Chandler and Shump with Jackson as HC? It's a wrap! Better team than Miami.
Lin, STAT and Fields for Kevin Love???

I'm going with Woody, He just seems to be a great fit for this team at the moment. We don't have to be that creative with the offense because we have scorers, what we needed was a defensive minded coach to balance out the team while keeping the team and coaching staff on the same page.

We went thru decades to get this formula. I think some fans are just used to seeing changes in the Knicks oragnisation year after year and fail to recognize when they actually have a good thing going.

Phil is a a great coach, but I don't think he's hungry enough to do this again. Our team and coaching staff has a bond right now and they are all hungry and winning big games. With the little amount of time this team has had together...I think Woody deserves way more acknowledgement and respect. So far...he's earned an extended contract. There may be some bad Karma to pay up if we dump him after he's done such a great job. Looking to hire someone who I think dosen't really want to coach anymore is a desparate move, it shows lack of faith and probabaly a lack of vision. Perhaps these desparate fans don't really see what coach Woody is doing for this team. Before D'ANt step down we had a few great coaches and all of them left with little to no success. Why gamble on a tired retired Phil Jackson when Woody is clearly on the rise?

There is nothing left for Phil to prove. If Woody didn't do what he did for the Knicks...I might be interested in Phil too, but not anymore. Let him retire. And lets wait after the playoffs to re-evaluate all of our options, it's foolish to go against coach Woody now... or go against anything outside of what the Knicks are doing right now. Lets just put those broken crystal balls away for now...

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
I'm going with Woody, He just seems to be a great fit for this team at the moment. We don't have to be that creative with the offense because we have scorers, what we needed was a defensive minded coach to balance out the team while keeping the team and coaching staff on the same page.

We went thru decades to get this formula. I think some fans are just used to seeing changes in the Knicks oragnisation year after year and fail to recognize when they actually have a good thing going.

Phil is a a great coach, but I don't think he's hungry enough to do this again. Our team and coaching staff has a bond right now and they are all hungry and winning big games. With the little amount of time this team has had together...I think Woody deserves way more acknowledgement and respect. So far...he's earned an extended contract. There may be some bad Karma to pay up if we dump him after he's done such a great job. Looking to hire someone who I think dosen't really want to coach anymore is a desparate move, it shows lack of faith and probabaly a lack of vision. Perhaps these desparate fans don't really see what coach Woody is doing for this team. Before D'ANt step down we had a few great coaches and all of them left with little to no success. Why gamble on a tired retired Phil Jackson when Woody is clearly on the rise?

There is nothing left for Phil to prove. If Woody didn't do what he did for the Knicks...I might be interested in Phil too, but not anymore. Let him retire. And lets wait after the playoffs to re-evaluate all of our options, it's foolish to go against coach Woody now... or go against anything outside of what the Knicks are doing right now. Lets just put those broken crystal balls away for now...

"lack of faith and probably a lack of vision", "Woody is clearly on the rise"......

Very well said!!
:agreed::agreed::agreed:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Doesn't matter what Woodson does; if Phil Jax is willing to coach here, BYE WACK SAUCE WOODSON.

3D4aC.gif

New New York

Quiet Storm
Brown vs Steph part 2!?

Buyers Market and I'm selling!!

Do not agree at all, not sure if any one has said this, but this is the same exact situation the year JVG took us to The Finals, Phil was unemployed and despite the fact that The Knicks were geling and JVG had the support of Ewing (just like Melo has supported Woody) the rumors of us going after him were there.

Look this is the 3rd round of Phil to NY rumors in the past 12 years and the first 2x the teams were either not good enough (05 with Steph Crawford and co.) or did not have the type of personel that Phil demands (99 squad) and this time looks like a team Phil could and would coach this squad.

But enough is enough, we need stability! Woody has us playing the best 20+ game stretch since my man Van Gundy stepped down, the players know and like him! I don't want to be losing next year thinking/hoping the players just need to buy into the system!

Plus the Melo Jackson relationship now becomes bigger than the games themslevs! There is potential for this being a repeat of Larry Brown and Steph!

We have waited for this team to come together for too long, we are here, no more steps backwards!!!

Give Woody an extension for 2 more years to give stability to the locker room, if he does not improve next year, write the check for the final year and let him go (Dolan has paid more for less plenty of times!) then go after Phil!

There is no real threat of Phil going to another team before the end of next season! Pat Riley would never hire him before stepping and coaching himself, Scott Brooks has OKC on lock, as does Tom Tib. for Chicago!

Again Buyers market with this one Dolan, no need to rush or over pay here!

Plus Woody is doing a Great JOB!!!! :gony:

iJoe

Rotation player
Knowing Dolan, they're probably just using PJax as leverage when they have to negotiate Woodson's contract. Typical...