Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumour: Knicks preparing to offer a lucrative contract to Pjax

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I'm going with Woody, He just seems to be a great fit for this team at the moment. We don't have to be that creative with the offense because we have scorers, what we needed was a defensive minded coach to balance out the team while keeping the team and coaching staff on the same page.

We went thru decades to get this formula. I think some fans are just used to seeing changes in the Knicks oragnisation year after year and fail to recognize when they actually have a good thing going.

Phil is a a great coach, but I don't think he's hungry enough to do this again. Our team and coaching staff has a bond right now and they are all hungry and winning big games. With the little amount of time this team has had together...I think Woody deserves way more acknowledgement and respect. So far...he's earned an extended contract. There may be some bad Karma to pay up if we dump him after he's done such a great job. Looking to hire someone who I think dosen't really want to coach anymore is a desparate move, it shows lack of faith and probabaly a lack of vision. Perhaps these desparate fans don't really see what coach Woody is doing for this team. Before D'ANt step down we had a few great coaches and all of them left with little to no success. Why gamble on a tired retired Phil Jackson when Woody is clearly on the rise?

There is nothing left for Phil to prove. If Woody didn't do what he did for the Knicks...I might be interested in Phil too, but not anymore. Let him retire. And lets wait after the playoffs to re-evaluate all of our options, it's foolish to go against coach Woody now... or go against anything outside of what the Knicks are doing right now. Lets just put those broken crystal balls away for now...
    "lack of faith and probably a lack of vision", "Woody is clearly on the rise"......

Very well said!!

As long as we keep playing some great hoops I'd rather stick with Woody.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Doesn't matter what Woodson does; if Phil Jax is willing to coach here, BYE WACK SAUCE WOODSON.

Default Brown vs Steph part 2!?

Buyers Market and I'm selling!!

Do not agree at all, not sure if any one has said this, but this is the same exact situation the year JVG took us to The Finals, Phil was unemployed and despite the fact that The Knicks were geling and JVG had the support of Ewing (just like Melo has supported Woody) the rumors of us going after him were there.

Look this is the 3rd round of Phil to NY rumors in the past 12 years and the first 2x the teams were either not good enough (05 with Steph Crawford and co.) or did not have the type of personel that Phil demands (99 squad) and this time looks like a team Phil could and would coach this squad.

But enough is enough, we need stability! Woody has us playing the best 20+ game stretch since my man Van Gundy stepped down, the players know and like him! I don't want to be losing next year thinking/hoping the players just need to buy into the system!

Plus the Melo Jackson relationship now becomes bigger than the games themslevs! There is potential for this being a repeat of Larry Brown and Steph!

We have waited for this team to come together for too long, we are here, no more steps backwards!!!

Give Woody an extension for 2 more years to give stability to the locker room, if he does not improve next year, write the check for the final year and let him go (Dolan has paid more for less plenty of times!) then go after Phil!

There is no real threat of Phil going to another team before the end of next season! Pat Riley would never hire him before stepping and coaching himself, Scott Brooks has OKC on lock, as does Tom Tib. for Chicago!

Again Buyers market with this one Dolan, no need to rush or over pay here!

Plus Woody is doing a Great JOB!!!!

Superstar

Knowing Dolan, they're probably just using PJax as leverage when they have to negotiate Woodson's contract. Typical...

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Doesn't matter what Woodson does; if Phil Jax is willing to coach here, BYE WACK SAUCE WOODSON.
    I'd say if Woodson gets us to ECF's or better then you have to keep him. I think some players might revolt if we got rid of him.

Plus with grunwald's removing of interm GM tag i think the same will be done with woody in time. GG brought in Woodson, that's his guy.

I wouldn't be upset if PJ came here, i just think people put him on a crazy pedestal because he happened to coach two of the best players in the league during 2 different era's.

I think if you can get the best coach in human history, you go ahead and do it. Woodson has done a tremendous job so far, its undeniable. But we are talking about P.J. here.

I hope it's just a rumor, but I think it is a good thing.

Melo, etc. love Woodson, play D, and respect him. This rumor just may push Melo and the rest to put on a show vs. Heat to save Woody's job.

For the sake of debate, i'll say go with jackson only because I believe Dant phoni was horrible and i believe 8 out of 10 coaches would have done a way better job, how could you turn down a Hall of fame coach and probably one of the greatest coaches of our time??? Not taking anything away form Woodson but I think if he doesnt make it past the 1st round through either Chicago or Miami just move him to assistant and bring in Phil.

Superstar

Originally Posted by p0nder
    I'd say if Woodson gets us to ECF's or better then you have to keep him. I think some players might revolt if we got rid of him.

Plus with grunwald's removing of interm GM tag i think the same will be done with woody in time. GG brought in Woodson, that's his guy.

I wouldn't be upset if PJ came here, i just think people put him on a crazy pedestal because he happened to coach two of the best players in the league during 2 different era's.
    He actually did some of his best coaching when Shaq left and he was left with Kobe and scrubs. He also got the Bulls thinking championship even after Jordan left for baseball.

Its a lot harder than people think to win with good players. A good coach can make a bad team stop underachieving. A great coach helps a good team gel and push them past real competition when it comes down to the playoffs and making game per game adjustments in a chess match with the opposing coach.

People seem to forget that the Playoffs are a completely different beast than the regular season. When it comes to a 7 game grind.... you can actually see how coaching has an effect game to game. Never judge a coach or player by the regular season.

If Phil would honor the contract its hard to say NO, but realistically the Knicks biggest problem has been the lack of consistency with a team

We could potentially being losing
    Smith
    Novak
    Fields
    Lin
    Jeffries
    Davis
    Bibby

and now Woodson

we have 1 draft pick, we're gonna waste the MLE on Lin when his agent should just tell him take the QO, get an even bigger deal next year rather then the 5mil a year, he'll easily get 9mil.

Dolan wants to be the ****ing show of the town rather than a successful sports team

Veteran

Woodson needs to stay. He's proved himself. He's coached this team to a 17-6 record, maybe even an 18-6 record (assume we beat the bobcats).

That's a 75% winning percentage, which would be a 61-win season in a full season.

If you're going to fire a coach who can lead a team to 61 wins then we have a real problem. Woodson has earned his money. In his short time he has done things that Mike D'Antoni could not do in THREE YEARS here.

Originally Posted by CA7
    If Phil would honor the contract its hard to say NO, but realistically the Knicks biggest problem has been the lack of consistency with a team

We could potentially being losing
    Smith
    Novak
    Fields
    Lin
    Jeffries
    Davis
    Bibby

and now Woodson

we have 1 draft pick, we're gonna waste the MLE on Lin when his agent should just tell him take the QO, get an even bigger deal next year rather then the 5mil a year, he'll easily get 9mil.

Dolan wants to be the ****ing show of the town rather than a successful sports team
    I didn't think Lin had a QO?

Originally Posted by p0nder

Bthey don't become the best without Zen master. That's the thing.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    It's relative, the wack sauce. Woody pales in Zen master's fat shadow.

Hands down man down.