Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a SPORTS NIGHT THIS IS tonight!!!!

Superstar

Default What a SPORTS NIGHT THIS IS tonight!!!!

Okay here they are in no paticular order...

1) Knicks vs Bobcats in final game of NBA Regular Season with 7/8 seed still on the line.

2) NFL Draft..... We will see what JR pulls off picking dead last. Hey I wouldnt mind the Giants picking last every year. But He always seems to have a knack of finding those players no one expects to become a Star.

3) Rangers vs Senators in GAME 7 of NHL Playoffs at MSG. Need to finish off this pesky 8 seed.

4) Devils vs Panthers in GAME 7 of NHL Playoffs....

There will be alot of switching back and forth tonight from tv station to tv station. and my wife thinks she is going to watch the elimination show on American Idol. LOL
    Last edited by miked1958; Apr 26, 2012 at 09:49.

Superstar

Wow. NO comments at all? Its not often that you get a night like this in sports. if you want to throw in BB... I have not checked the schedule but maybe even the Yankees and Mets are playing as well... lol..

Just checked and Yanks are off.

However Marlins are at Mets again at CitiField. Reyes back for first time since the trade. SO far they have wiped that silly grin off his face as he is about 1-9 or 1-10 so far hitting against them.
    Last edited by miked1958; Apr 26, 2012 at 09:56.

LOL, last night was a much more interesting sports night, at least if you consider it worldwide, some great NBA games + Champions League semifinal between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, who cares about NFL/NHL if you got worldclass soccer going on?

honestly the NBA is the only thing i care about tonight, then Saturday nights the Chad Dawson vs Bernard Hopkins fight. And of course the start of the 2012 NBA Playoffs

Superstar

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    LOL, last night was a much more interesting sports night, at least if you consider it worldwide, some great NBA games + Champions League semifinal between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, who cares about NFL/NHL if you got worldclass soccer going on?
    LOL.

Not a HUGE soccer fan here but do whtch it once in awhile. however i think most of the boards will agree with me on this. lol

Superstar

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    honestly the NBA is the only thing i care about tonight, then Saturday nights the Chad Dawson vs Bernard Hopkins fight. And of course the start of the 2012 NBA Playoffs
    True. we need to secure that 7th seed and go in on a winning note for playoffs. we dont want to lose to MJ and let him slip out of the worst winning % in NBA history. We need to give him some sort of PAYBACK for all the years of anguish he put us through as a player.

Superstar

However. I think there are a fair amount of Giants/Jets, Rangers/Devils, and MLB Fans on this forum that are Knicks fans as well and will agree with me that this is a big night

Definitely MikeD, Im a Giants fan and a Yankees fan myself but Im more of a casual fan with those sports. Im a diehard basketball fan

@miked: that's why I wrote "if you consider it worldwide", NFL/NHL/MLB are barely watched outside of North America while soccer is the most popular sport on the planet.

Superstar

Definitely MikeD, Im a Giants fan and a Yankees fan myself but Im more of a casual fan with those sports. Im a diehard basketball fan
    I am kinda of even with Football and Basketball. Fan of Baseball and hockey but dont watch a whole lot of their Regular Season games like on do with the other two. Never miss a Knick or NYG game period. not even preseason.

Oh by the way... LOVE YOU Avatar

Superstar

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @miked: that's why I wrote "if you consider it worldwide", NFL/NHL/MLB are barely watched outside of North America while soccer is the most popular sport on the planet.
    sorry you are correct sir. no no outside USA cares about the goings on tonight unless they were transferred overseas or are in the US Armed Forces.

And you are right.. Soccer is the Universal Sport. I was pretty ticked when USA didnt qualify for summer games

Veteran

Playoff hockey is like chain smoking while doing lines of coke and playing Russian Roulette during commercial breaks.

Casual but true Yankee fan.

Big Giants fan.

Huge Ranger and Knick fan. Have followed Rangers more closely for longer; but my first sports memories were of watching classic NBA playoff battles, and watching the Knicks get roasted by the likes of the Pacers. smh, go figure I became a close follower of the Knicks right during the time Isiah came on board...

edit -- hoping to snag a ticket to a Knick game in the first round if we look competitive.

Superstar

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Playoff hockey is like chain smoking while doing lines of coke and playing Russian Roulette during commercial breaks.

Casual but true Yankee fan.

Big Giants fan.

Huge Ranger and Knick fan. Have followed Rangers more closely for longer; but my first sports memories were of watching classic NBA playoff battles, and watching the Knicks get roasted by the likes of the Pacers. smh, go figure I became a close follower of the Knicks right during the time Isiah came on board...

edit -- hoping to snag a ticket to a Knick game in the first round if we look competitive.
    I have a strong feeling we will

I only care about 1) and 2). I have absolutely no interest in hockey.

Veteran

Originally Posted by miked1958

There will be alot of switching back and forth tonight from tv station to tv station. and my wife thinks she is going to watch the elimination show on American Idol. LOL
    That's why we have man caves.

Running back or TE is what I'm expecting the Giants to draft.