Knicks vs Heat Playoff Discussion (Pre Game Thread)

Who wins the Series?

• The Knicks

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • The Heat

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • The series? We're a championship team :aplause:

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Im so pumped up for this bitch!

Mobb Deep needs to come into the arena with swag from another planet!
We have a genuine shot at these straight bitchs.

STAT, Melo , Tyson, Boom Dizzle and Laundry Folds need to show up in a big time way.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Im so pumped up for this bitch!

Mobb Deep needs to come into the arena with swag from another planet!
We have a genuine shot at these straight bitchs.

STAT, Melo , Tyson, Boom Dizzle and Laundry Folds need to show up in a big time way.

Landry out, Shump in.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I tend to take the realist approach. RIGHT NOW I can't see us winning the series because truth be told, MIA has the more talented team. This doesn't mean that they steam roll us though. I'm taking the one game at a time approach.

If the Knicks can steal one in MIA then they have a good chance against them. Thing is, I don't believe the knicks can beat MIA more than 2 games in a row so starting off strong is crucial.

We shouldn't worry about winning the series. Just focus on tomorrow.

iSaYughh

Starter
If MIA doesn't just smother us with superior talent (this series will be a good litmus test for how talented we truly are, collectively), *I can see some very tight games -- not unlike last year, vs the Cel'dicks.

*assuming JR doesn't shoot us out of a game, and Shumpert doesn't pull a Starks.

The question then is, will we rise to the challenge, unlike those harrowing defeats of last year? *I believe we can, and may. Unlike last year, we have a starting NBA center, who also happens to dominate other team's players as well as Peter North can dominate a girl's face -- which is to say, extraordinarily well.

*at this potential point, it is really a question of who mans up, and who mans up more, in the clutch, to close the games out: Melo? Lebron, or Wade?

Misc Factors:

3 Pt Shooting -- let's fool ourselves, we have been shooting the shit out of the rock from beyond the arc, and our spacing and thus ball movement and looks from the 3 have been terrific. This must continue.

Amare to The Bench -- no, he won't be benched, but will Woodson do what Torts did for the NY Rangers, when the Richards-Gaborik superstar tandem just wasn't gelling? Will there be a concerted effort to see Amare play with the 2nd unit? How far will Woodson stretch this possibility? If Amare is posterizing fools and collecting his 20 by way of what should be Amare's high .500 FG%, I believe it may go quite far.

Play from the Point: against MIA's tenacious D, we will need crisp passing and consistent floor leadership out of whomever is orchestrating our offense. For the obvious reasons, and to establish a rhythm and confidence in our men that will not allow MIA to swarm us with total abandon and smell blood.

The Mental Game -- Wade and Lebron can combust. This round of the playoffs, against us, is a situation where the possibility of them combusting, can become an actually distinct reality. They bitch at each other during games, it can get icy, it an **** up their flow, and it can turn either one of them into goats at the end of a game. On this note, I feel all the prior Misc Factors, if worked to our advantage, can create the situations that will lead to such a combustion.

Go :gony: and sick ****ing GT; I savored every word.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Shump vs. Wade will be the most crucial matchup

Tyson is the superior center

Lebron > Melo

Bosh will probably take down Stat, seeing how he just came back and under-performing & rusty

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Shump vs. Wade will be the most crucial matchup

Tyson is the superior center

Lebron > Melo

Bosh will probably take down Stat, seeing how he just came back and under-performing & rusty

It does not matter if Lebron is the superior player consistently than Melo when in head 2 head match ups Melo usually outplays Bron.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Lin was hoping a second round return, but I'm afraid it will instead be next season. Heat have too much firepower and defense. Heat in five.

robbase

Rookie
Lin was hoping a second round return, but I'm afraid it will instead be next season. Heat have too much firepower and defense. Heat in five.

Oh yeah, we don't have either of those two things. We don't really have the best three point shooter in the game, the best scorer in the game, or a top ten defense.

Oh wait....

petescud

Starter
I would concede this game and just put in the reserves...refs aren't calling this game remotely close. If they call all the other games this way, we get swept, and so will every other team in the east

WeReady

Benchwarmer
THE FIX IS IN FLAGRANT FOUL ON TYSON CHANDLER I NEVER SEEN SO MANY FLOPS IN MY LIFE THE FIX IS IN LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!!!!!!:barf:

platnumn

Benchwarmer
This is horrifically ridiculous. I never witnessed the garbage that was the 2nd quarter ever at any point in this season.

There was a stretch where we got called for a foul on every single defensive possession, and half of our offense possessions resulted in charges. The flagrant sent us over the edge, and it was absolutely trash.

F Lebron james, and F the heat.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I don't know but it's going to be tough with the refs, the way Heat plays defense, with our stars underachieving... let's hope we can somehow figure things out and take at least one or two games.