Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456782232 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME ONE - Knicks @ Heat: Sat, April 28 @ 3:30. Pressure's On Them

One of things that concern me going into the game is where Amare chooses to get the ball. He has a habit of setting screens on the perimeter and ultimately receiving the pass pretty close to the 3 pt line. This is where he usually tries to drive to the basket, which is waaay too far, and creates a high probability of getting it stolen or forcing a bad shot. MIA is a team that will close in on him fast and won't allow a drive from that far out.

I pray Woodson and the staff has guided him into playing closer to the block where he only needs to take 2-3 steps at most before going into his shot attempts.

Our best shot is to steal game one! Im hoping Melo and Stat take this shyt personally and go hard no homo. And Shump needs to bow down to no one. Wade is great but dont let that stop you from houndin him.

8's you outdid yourself this time dude. Great thread. DZZZZZAM you got me all hyped.

Your comment about the zone is spot on. WE HAVE TO PLAY SOME ZONE. I dont think we did the last time the two teams met.

I think the key is BDiddy. If he can somehow, someway be a catalyst and not turn the ball over we win this thing in 6...

Yea some zone late in the game of if the Heat are blowing the game open is a must

Lurker

Originally Posted by petescud
    Watch the fouls, in this series especially. You know Bron and Wade get tons of calls so this is key. Hoping the refs call some of the maulings that Anthony does to chandler as well. Last time we played them poor Chandler got mauled all game, and in the 4th qtr Anthony only had 3/4 fouls...rediculous

Praying the refs call this series right so we have a chance at the upset
    this is gonna be a huge factor... James n Wade get EVERY call all game while other teams get ish

8's is such a great motivator. He should do the Knicks halftime speech via skype. In japanese if necessary. The Knicks would come out to third quarter like five Samurai on steroids.

Great thread 8

GO KNICKS.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Lacit1707
    this is gonna be a huge factor... James n Wade get EVERY call all game while other teams get ish
    I hope it's called fair. Hate that they get these calls that no one including Miami fans even see.

Superstar

Also, this has the same feel to it of when Philly went out and bought all those stars and couldnt get it done. The Heat already failed last season as well. The Marlins did pretty much the same thing this season going out and spending Millions ANSI off to a very slow start. As a matter of fact Reyes came to NY for first time since signing with Miami and promptly went 1-12 in the 3 game series while being swept by the Mets.

Superstar

I think the Knicks have a real chance to shock the world

Originally Posted by petescud
    Watch the fouls, in this series especially. You know Bron and Wade get tons of calls so this is key. Hoping the refs call some of the maulings that Anthony does to chandler as well. Last time we played them poor Chandler got mauled all game, and in the 4th qtr Anthony only had 3/4 fouls...rediculous

Praying the refs call this series right so we have a chance at the upset
    Good point. If they call this like the Boston playoff series last year we dont have a shot...

If tysons out our defense is hurt but offense is greatly improved with melo at the 4 and stat at the 5 **** our lives tho forreal

Veteran

Posted this in the Pre-GT by mistake:

If MIA doesn't just smother us with superior talent (this series will be a good litmus test for how talented we truly are, collectively), *I can see some very tight games -- not unlike last year, vs the Cel'dicks.

*assuming JR doesn't shoot us out of a game, and Shumpert doesn't pull a Starks.

The question then is, will we rise to the challenge, unlike those harrowing defeats of last year? *I believe we can, and may. Unlike last year, we have a starting NBA center, who also happens to dominate other team's players as well as Peter North can dominate a girl's face -- which is to say, extraordinarily well.

*at this potential point, it is really a question of who mans up, and who mans up more, in the clutch, to close the games out: Melo? Lebron, or Wade?

Misc Factors:

3 Pt Shooting -- let's fool ourselves, we have been shooting the **** out of the rock from beyond the arc, and our spacing and thus ball movement and looks from the 3 have been terrific. This must continue.

Amare to The Bench -- no, he won't be benched, but will Woodson do what Torts did for the NY Rangers, when the Richards-Gaborik superstar tandem just wasn't gelling? Will there be a concerted effort to see Amare play with the 2nd unit? How far will Woodson stretch this possibility? If Amare is posterizing fools and collecting his 20 by way of what should be Amare's high .500 FG%, I believe it may go quite far.

Play from the Point: against MIA's tenacious D, we will need crisp passing and consistent floor leadership out of whomever is orchestrating our offense. For the obvious reasons, and to establish a rhythm and confidence in our men that will not allow MIA to swarm us with total abandon and smell blood.

The Mental Game -- Wade and Lebron can combust. This round of the playoffs, against us, is a situation where the possibility of them combusting, can become an actually distinct reality. They bitch at each other during games, it can get icy, it an **** up their flow, and it can turn either one of them into goats at the end of a game. On this note, I feel all the prior Misc Factors, if worked to our advantage, can create the situations that will lead to such a combustion.

Go and sick ****ing GT; I savored every word.

I believe if possible Crazy should make every playoff thread, great job on this one and the individual positions machup threads. +1.

great thread 8's lets go knicks! so god damn hyped to beat these bastards

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Big props must go to Nyknicks141 for letting me use footage from his Knicks Mix for my debut video. Please rep him! Prison rep his ass!

He had this to say.

Dude deserves tsunamis of poon.

Thanks for the props, GREAT GAME THREAD.

Gave me goosebumps.