Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678923 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME ONE - Knicks @ Heat: Sat, April 28 @ 3:30. Pressure's On Them

Veteran

It ain't gonna be easy. The Heat and esp Lebron want to make amends for last years championship loss, they will be on a mission to win that NBA championship that seemed to be a given the day they got the BIG 3. Expect the Knicks to be facing a team playing with as much intensity as any in the post-season.

Crazy with the 500 star game thread....Job well done. Great job of breaking down everything, I cant wait to see how the matchups playout. Mainly Stat vs Bosh, thats a big one for us. Even though Chandler will spend some time guarding Bosh too

Thank You....No respect in the league, and Melo is a top 10 player while Amar'e is up there as well as Chandler

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Good point. If they call this like the Boston playoff series last year we dont have a shot...

Five star thread.

Man it is gonna be crazy today.

In the probable event the Knicks fail to get out of the first round, the game to look back on is that sleepwalk in Cleveland....... (The lowly Wizards beat this same Cavs team in the same building five days later.) Had the Knicks beaten this doormat, we'd be talking Pacers instead of Heat. A team I thought the Knicks would have had a far better chance at knocking off.........

So if Jeremy Lin is targeting return in the second round, chances are his next game will be next season.

nice game thread ...getting everyone pumped up ...keys too this series im thinking STOP BOSH!!!! Wades going to score, Lebron will get his... we must control Bosh and the other heat players from having big games...DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS!!!! must limited seconds shots.... TYSON CHANDLER he`s got to stay out of foul trouble finally JR SMITH!!! like 8 said he`s a big key we`ll need his scoring to win this series ...how Smith does will determine this series

No matter the outcome, this season was one of the most emotional and inspiring seasons i have had as a Knick fan, The ups and downs, the Linsanity and the injuries we have gone threw and the coaching change along with Melo coming up big for us when we needed him the most, this had to be the most Eyes-Glued-To-TV season i have had as a Knick fan, our guys deserve praise even if we don't get by the Heat.

GO KNICKS

Originally Posted by tkrieger
    In the probable event the Knicks fail to get out of the first round, the game to look back on is that sleepwalk in Cleveland....... (The lowly Wizards beat this same Cavs team in the same building five days later.) Had the Knicks beaten this doormat, we'd be talking Pacers instead of Heat. A team I thought the Knicks would have had a far better chance at knocking off.........

So if Jeremy Lin is targeting return in the second round, chances are his next game will be next season.
    Considering that the vast majority of opinions, professional analysis or otherwise, were for the Knicks to have been in the 3rd seed behind Chicago and Miami. I think that given the fact we had the shortened season, no summer league, an injured Stoudemire entering the season and a coach whose whim suited his means moreso than the players' far exceed the result of a single game.

It was a terrible, stupid loss but is only a fraction of the overall reasoning behind this team became the season's biggest underachiever.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Considering that the vast majority of opinions, professional analysis or otherwise, were for the Knicks to have been in the 3rd seed behind Chicago and Miami. I think that given the fact we had the shortened season, no summer league, an injured Stoudemire entering the season and a coach whose whim suited his means moreso than the players' far exceed the result of a single game.

It was a terrible, stupid loss but is only a fraction of the overall reasoning behind this team became the season's biggest underachiever.
    Terrible, stupid, and maybe costly.......... It was the Cavs' only win in their last 8 games.

Finally decided to get an avatar for the special occasion LETS GO KNICKS!! So hyped. Nice thread.

Hyped like a motherclucker for this!

We have all the pieces to the puzzle. The Heat have the best players. We have the best team. So long as we contain their big 3, we should have a shot at beating them.

Past few games weve looked killer. STAT seems to be getting fired up after last years disappointment, Melo is killing it, Ty Chandler AKA The Manhattan Anchor is the key to the game. His defense along with Shump is going to be paramount to our success. Add that to Smith and Novak hitting the 3 ball, it makes us unstoppable on any given night!

BEAT THE HEAT.

I will be wearing my trusty Allan Houston throwback for good luck tonight...

Would like to see some zone although I don't think it will happen.

The bench and Amare will have an opportunity to shine. Hopefully Amare doesn't force too many drives to the basket and keeps an eye out for our snipers from beyond the arc when driving to the hole.

Melo will do his thing even against Lebron he is just in a zone right now making shots from everywhere. Tyson just has to do his thing defensively and hopefully gets a few alley-oops tonight.

I think this team has a chance to beat Miami with a lot of heart and good play from the bench. Can't wait for the game...

As someone said earlier..I pray to god Melo and Stat take this personally. Some analysts might say were the "sexy" pick but no one and I mean NO ONE thinks we can do it. We have a dangerous team. If we can stun them in game 1 itll be huge. Just one of these road games would be huge. Tyson being sick is ridiculously bad luck and im just praying he can play today. Lets also hope he doesnt give it to anyone else on our roster.

7 and a half hours to go, im hyped!! Im also high....and tired. I've been up all night, im about to just sleep until the game goes on. Hopefully I dream that we beat the Heat, maybe ill sleep until the games over and think my dream was real.

Forrreal though if we comeout gunning and playing hard on defense, who knows what could happen if we somehow get this game one. But I really think if the Knicks can do it convincingly, they might be able to get into Miami's heads. We have seen it before, and them seeing Chandler on the other team in a playoff series might trigger some bad memories from last year. Everybodies gotta get involved...Novak and Smith could make a huge difference off the bench.

Cool

Thumbs up to Crazy 8's.

KEYS TO WINNING:

1. DEFENSE: With TC, Shump, and Melo we can stay in the game. Staying in the game, meaning keeping it close, should result in two things a) our confidence rises, theirs falls, and b) Melo has a shot to close it out

2. COACHING: There is no margin for error on Woodys part. Rotations, match-ups, whose hot & whose not. Woody must not make the same mistakes as those before him by being inflexible. For example... if sharp shooters like Novak or JR get hot, he must stick with them. That actually goes for all, even sleepers, B-Diddy, Harrellson, etc...

3. PLAY TO OUR STRENGTHS: This is another proponent of coaching, but the players must play within themselves. The playoffs aren't just about stars. Players like Fields, Bibby, Jorts, Jeffries are ancillary parts and for one reason or another, they all have something to prove.

Fields has to prove he can take the heat, no pun intended.
    Biibby has to prove he still has something left.
    Jorts has to prove he belongs in the league.
    Jeffries has to prove his return was't a mistake.

4. STARS COME OUT: Although we need a concerted TEAM effort where our subs and ancillary parts contribute, we can't play shootout ball. We must win playing solid defense and by taking MIA out of their game.

Make no mistake... if we can buckle down on defense, if Woody can game plan specific and adjust when needed, and if our complementary pieces bloom... WE CAN BEAT ANYONE.

ITS ON STAT AND MELO