Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: GAME ONE - Knicks @ Heat: Sat, April 28 @ 3:30. Pressure's On Them

Originally Posted by BachaCho
    Great Shumpert defitnetly tore his ****ing ACL what the **** man from the ridicolous officiating to Shumperts injury im fired the **** up right now **** the Heat and there ****ing flopping bull**** NBA officiating is ****ing ridicolous!!!

Melo's ""offensive foul"" on Lebron when he didnt even ****ing touch him and he flopped forward like are you ****ing kidding me David Stern your a ****ing ******* i cant wait till your done with your job

Best post on this gamethread.

Veteran

28-5 free-throw ad in first half damn they weren't even shy about robbing our Knicks

Originally Posted by CA7
    Rose has a torn ACL
    Well, we might as well resign ourselves to the fact that Miami will march into the NBA Finals again if thats the case.....

Unless the Knicks can perform a Miracle bigger than Jesus raising Lazarus from the Dead........

gg knicks get swept again! there is no way we are going to beat the heat= REFS SINCE AMARE AND HASLEM GOT THE FIRST TECHS OF THE GAME THE FIX WAS IN SMDH

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    I agree with Van gundy, Throw Melo back at the 4. It just does not work with Stat & Melo together and if you think it does your a delusional person. There is no space on the floor and chandler on the court does not help at all.

Melo got traded here and played half a season, due to the lockout this season had less games. Technically they have had a full season together.... still no improvement maybe a "glimpse" of chemistry here and there but on a daily basis it's not a fit at all.

The heat are not a big team, toss melo at the 4 and let stat come off the bench works well both ways
    classic prisoner of the moment post

so you completely take away a much need number 2 go to option and kill the one advantage you have in this series which is your bigs upfront

Miami glaring weakness is their lack of size and bleow average bigs upfronts. Going small vs them only plays more into their favor

we were killing them early on the boards and that helped keep us in the game until the influx of ****ty calls turned the tide

doing what you said is only a diservice to us moving forward

The refs blew tonight. Reminded me of last year series with Celtics. Phantom offensive foul on Melo. Douglas tripped up nocall. Lots of others. I think you take out the refs and Dantoni's coaching and the Knicks would have won at least a couple last year. But anyway this **** is a joke Bron should be not being getting benefit of doubt for rest of series with the flopping he's doing. Good to see JVG calling him out. Let them play! The refs blowing the whistle makes the game worse and boring. Come on man. I know the Knicks would have lost tonight either way but you take away all the ref BS and maybe you have a less rushy turnover prone squad and more rhythm goin and at least they could maybe be in it.

Originally Posted by CA7
    The refs took away our momentum, our physicality, our aggressiveness, we had confidence at the beginning, but they wont let us play, the Heat can whatever they want, we cant touch them

Those LeBron flops killed everything, he did it 5 times on top of that
    Stop it please. Your making to much sense lol

This was rough. Man, I was really confident that a result like this was unlikely, but maybe it's not the case. Game 2 will be very telling.

But I think there may be a few reasons for optimism:

1) Melo really sucked today. 11 points on 3 for 15? After putting on a nightly show better than just about anybody else in the league over the last several weeks? He got off to a terrible start, couldn't shoot for s***, and never got in a groove. This is not something that happens very often. He hits those first seven shots, I really think this would have been a different game.

2) The Knicks got to the line 11 times. They averaged 25 FTA per game in the regular season. Whether you attribute it to the Heat's defense or bad calls, this is also something that doesn't happen very often, and it's not likely to happen again. Chicago is the number one defense in the league, and they couldn't shut the Knicks down this badly.

3) Chandler looked really bad. I don't mean how he was playing, I mean the man looked like he needed to be in bed.

In short, Melo never got going, the refs made some bad calls which only increased everyone's frustration, Chandler was not himself, and they made way too many mistakes in that pivotal second quarter--thirteen turnovers alone--and they got into a hole. You just can't make the kind of mistakes that the Knicks made today and expect to win a playoff game. There was one stretch where they committed five charges in a short period of time.

I think in game 2 if Melo gets his groove back, Chandler chugs some major Thera-Flu tomorrow, and they watch some tape and cut down on their mistakes, I don't think we're out of this yet.

Finally, would someone please let Mr. Novak have a shot once in a while. He only hits nearly 50% of the three pointers he takes. I still don't understand why he doesn't get 15 shots a game with that percentage. The man is a f***ing machine from beyond the arc, and he never gets the ball. I don't understand it.

Everybody keep your heads up, at least until the end of game 2.

Lurker

No seriously, my rage and anger against Miami and these ****ing refs are on a whole new level, Lebron should win a ****ing oscar with his acting skills. Chandler got a flagrant off that bull**** foul was dumb, he shoulda hit him harder like what Ron did to poor Harden and killed Lechoke.

Originally Posted by robbase
    This was rough. Man, I was really confident that a result like this was unlikely, but maybe it's not the case. Game 2 will be very telling.

But I think there may be a few reasons for optimism:

1) Melo really sucked today. 11 points on 3 for 15? After putting on a nightly show better than just about anybody else in the league over the last several weeks? He got off to a terrible start, couldn't shoot for s***, and never got in a groove. This is not something that happens very often. He hits those first seven shots, I really think this would have been a different game.

2) The Knicks got to the line 11 times. They averaged 25 FTA per game in the regular season. Whether you attribute it to the Heat's defense or bad calls, this is also something that doesn't happen very often, and it's not likely to happen again. Chicago is the number one defense in the league, and they couldn't shut the Knicks down this badly.

3) Chandler looked really bad. I don't mean how he was playing, I mean the man looked like he needed to be in bed.

In short, Melo never got going, the refs made some bad calls which only increased everyone's frustration, Chandler was not himself, and they made way too many mistakes in that pivotal second quarter--thirteen turnovers alone--and they got into a hole. You just can't make the kind of mistakes that the Knicks made today and expect to win a playoff game. There was one stretch where they committed five charges in a short period of time.

I think in game 2 if Melo gets his groove back, Chandler chugs some major Thera-Flu tomorrow, and they watch some tape and cut down on their mistakes, I don't think we're out of this yet.

Finally, would someone please let Mr. Novak have a shot once in a while. He only hits nearly 50% of the three pointers he takes. I still don't understand why he doesn't get 15 shots a game with that percentage. The man is a f***ing machine from beyond the arc, and he never gets the ball. I don't understand it.

Everybody keep your heads up, at least until the end of game 2.
    Welcome to the board! Hell of a ****ing post man I agree with the majority of what you said.

Need to find someone to guard Wade...

I cant totally blame refs, guys did made a few silly fouls, I dont understand why they made such stupid fouls, some are unprofessional, I have to say it.
    I am a knick fan, but I am so disappointed , why do they make silly unprofessional fouls time and time again? As to so many turnovers, why cant they find a open man to throw a ball? some throws are so risky and they still risked it.

So sad!!

Well with Shumpert gone this series is probably over, talk about a bad game 1, Melo folds, Chandlers sick, Amare's in foul trouble all game, and the refs displayed the worst officiated game Ive literally ever seen in my entire life.

Superstar

Iman was a real good defender. He will now join Lin on the list of players we won't see till next season. Without him I am afraid we don't even win a game

Superstar

Originally Posted by Peter
    I cant totally blame refs, guys did made a few silly fouls, I dont understand why they made such stupid fouls, some are unprofessional, I have to say it.
    I am a knick fan, but I am so disappointed , why do they make silly unprofessional fouls time and time again? As to so many turnovers, why cant they find a open man to throw a ball? some throws are so risky and they still risked it.

So sad!!
    Yep it's like this team had a curse put on it years ago and they never got out of it. It's like Murphy's law with this team