GAME ONE - Knicks @ Heat: Sat, April 28 @ 3:30. Pressure's On Them

HRFlossy

Rookie
I think it boils down to WE have to play Melo and amare separately! That way they each have the spacing they need and our bench gets STRONGER!?!:thumbsup:

Flossy out...:peace:

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
it makes me pissed to hear now that Derrick Rose has a knee injury. We would have beaten Chicago without him for sure...

I know its going to be pretty hard, but Woodson needs to come up with a plan quick smart to stop Lebron's influence or we are screwed....
Rose injured his knee exactly the same way Shumpert did....... The landing and angle were almost identical........ But I do think Rose's injury appears to be less severe than Shump's.

Kind of scary, since neither injury involved contact, other than the foot with the floor.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Rose injured his knee exactly the same way Shumpert did....... The landing and angle were almost identical........ But I do think Rose's injury appears to be less severe than Shump's.

Kind of scary, since neither injury involved contact, other than the foot with the floor.

Rose has a torn ACL

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
from amres presser I dont have much faith..wow. No emotion about the loss. Chandler excuse. Man I know the culture of the NBA has changed but cmon these guys seem like they know the series is over. Im devastated I thought we had a different team...

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Rose has a torn ACL

Real shame to see a player like that go down.

But this condensed NBA season has caused too many injuries to too many players.

Now it looks even worse that we didn't try and get the 8th seed in the playoffs. At least we would have stood a better chance against a rose-less bulls.

Instead we are playing a Heat team who are rounding into the best form of the season and know that the pathway to the NBA finals has just gotten alot easier with Rose out. I don't see any other team having the potential to knocked them out other than the maybe the celtics.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Great Shumpert defitnetly tore his ****ing ACL what the **** man from the ridicolous officiating to Shumperts injury im fired the **** up right now **** the Heat and there ****ing flopping bullshit NBA officiating is ****ing ridicolous!!!

Melo's ""offensive foul"" on Lebron when he didnt even ****ing touch him and he flopped forward like are you ****ing kidding me David Stern your a ****ing asshole i cant wait till your done with your job

CA7

Scoring Champ
The NBA has really lost its luster everything now is a show, I wanna see basketball, not the opera

Great Shumpert defitnetly tore his ****ing ACL what the **** man from the ridicolous officiating to Shumperts injury im fired the **** up right now **** the Heat and there ****ing flopping bullshit NBA officiating is ****ing ridicolous!!!

Melo's ""offensive foul"" on Lebron when he didnt even ****ing touch him and he flopped forward like are you ****ing kidding me David Stern your a ****ing asshole i cant wait till your done with your job

Best post on this gamethread.

wian

Benchwarmer
Rose has a torn ACL

Well, we might as well resign ourselves to the fact that Miami will march into the NBA Finals again if thats the case.....

Unless the Knicks can perform a Miracle bigger than Jesus raising Lazarus from the Dead........:crossfingers:

WeReady

Benchwarmer
gg knicks get swept again! there is no way we are going to beat the heat= REFS SINCE AMARE AND HASLEM GOT THE FIRST TECHS OF THE GAME THE FIX WAS IN SMDH:barf:

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
I agree with Van gundy, Throw Melo back at the 4. It just does not work with Stat & Melo together and if you think it does your a delusional person. There is no space on the floor and chandler on the court does not help at all.

Melo got traded here and played half a season, due to the lockout this season had less games. Technically they have had a full season together.... still no improvement maybe a "glimpse" of chemistry here and there but on a daily basis it's not a fit at all.

The heat are not a big team, toss melo at the 4 and let stat come off the bench works well both ways
classic prisoner of the moment post

so you completely take away a much need number 2 go to option and kill the one advantage you have in this series which is your bigs upfront

Miami glaring weakness is their lack of size and bleow average bigs upfronts. Going small vs them only plays more into their favor

we were killing them early on the boards and that helped keep us in the game until the influx of shitty calls turned the tide

doing what you said is only a diservice to us moving forward

oshi

Benchwarmer
The refs blew tonight. Reminded me of last year series with Celtics. Phantom offensive foul on Melo. Douglas tripped up nocall. Lots of others. I think you take out the refs and Dantoni's coaching and the Knicks would have won at least a couple last year. But anyway this shit is a joke Bron should be not being getting benefit of doubt for rest of series with the flopping he's doing. Good to see JVG calling him out. Let them play! The refs blowing the whistle makes the game worse and boring. Come on man. I know the Knicks would have lost tonight either way but you take away all the ref BS and maybe you have a less rushy turnover prone squad and more rhythm goin and at least they could maybe be in it.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
The refs took away our momentum, our physicality, our aggressiveness, we had confidence at the beginning, but they wont let us play, the Heat can whatever they want, we cant touch them

Those LeBron flops killed everything, he did it 5 times on top of that
Stop it please. Your making to much sense lol

robbase

Rookie
This was rough. Man, I was really confident that a result like this was unlikely, but maybe it's not the case. Game 2 will be very telling.

But I think there may be a few reasons for optimism:

1) Melo really sucked today. 11 points on 3 for 15? After putting on a nightly show better than just about anybody else in the league over the last several weeks? He got off to a terrible start, couldn't shoot for s***, and never got in a groove. This is not something that happens very often. He hits those first seven shots, I really think this would have been a different game.

2) The Knicks got to the line 11 times. They averaged 25 FTA per game in the regular season. Whether you attribute it to the Heat's defense or bad calls, this is also something that doesn't happen very often, and it's not likely to happen again. Chicago is the number one defense in the league, and they couldn't shut the Knicks down this badly.

3) Chandler looked really bad. I don't mean how he was playing, I mean the man looked like he needed to be in bed.

In short, Melo never got going, the refs made some bad calls which only increased everyone's frustration, Chandler was not himself, and they made way too many mistakes in that pivotal second quarter--thirteen turnovers alone--and they got into a hole. You just can't make the kind of mistakes that the Knicks made today and expect to win a playoff game. There was one stretch where they committed five charges in a short period of time.

I think in game 2 if Melo gets his groove back, Chandler chugs some major Thera-Flu tomorrow, and they watch some tape and cut down on their mistakes, I don't think we're out of this yet.

Finally, would someone please let Mr. Novak have a shot once in a while. He only hits nearly 50% of the three pointers he takes. I still don't understand why he doesn't get 15 shots a game with that percentage. The man is a f***ing machine from beyond the arc, and he never gets the ball. I don't understand it.

Everybody keep your heads up, at least until the end of game 2.

No seriously, my rage and anger against Miami and these ****ing refs are on a whole new level, Lebron should win a ****ing oscar with his acting skills. Chandler got a flagrant off that bullshit foul was dumb, he shoulda hit him harder like what Ron did to poor Harden and killed Lechoke.

goNYgo

Rookie
This was rough. Man, I was really confident that a result like this was unlikely, but maybe it's not the case. Game 2 will be very telling.

But I think there may be a few reasons for optimism:

1) Melo really sucked today. 11 points on 3 for 15? After putting on a nightly show better than just about anybody else in the league over the last several weeks? He got off to a terrible start, couldn't shoot for s***, and never got in a groove. This is not something that happens very often. He hits those first seven shots, I really think this would have been a different game.

2) The Knicks got to the line 11 times. They averaged 25 FTA per game in the regular season. Whether you attribute it to the Heat's defense or bad calls, this is also something that doesn't happen very often, and it's not likely to happen again. Chicago is the number one defense in the league, and they couldn't shut the Knicks down this badly.

3) Chandler looked really bad. I don't mean how he was playing, I mean the man looked like he needed to be in bed.

In short, Melo never got going, the refs made some bad calls which only increased everyone's frustration, Chandler was not himself, and they made way too many mistakes in that pivotal second quarter--thirteen turnovers alone--and they got into a hole. You just can't make the kind of mistakes that the Knicks made today and expect to win a playoff game. There was one stretch where they committed five charges in a short period of time.

I think in game 2 if Melo gets his groove back, Chandler chugs some major Thera-Flu tomorrow, and they watch some tape and cut down on their mistakes, I don't think we're out of this yet.

Finally, would someone please let Mr. Novak have a shot once in a while. He only hits nearly 50% of the three pointers he takes. I still don't understand why he doesn't get 15 shots a game with that percentage. The man is a f***ing machine from beyond the arc, and he never gets the ball. I don't understand it.

Everybody keep your heads up, at least until the end of game 2.
Welcome to the board! Hell of a ****ing post man :beer: I agree with the majority of what you said.