GAME ONE - Knicks @ Heat: Sat, April 28 @ 3:30. Pressure's On Them

Peter

Benchwarmer
I cant totally blame refs, guys did made a few silly fouls, I dont understand why they made such stupid fouls, some are unprofessional, I have to say it.
I am a knick fan, but I am so disappointed , why do they make silly unprofessional fouls time and time again? As to so many turnovers, why cant they find a open man to throw a ball? some throws are so risky and they still risked it.

So sad!!

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Well with Shumpert gone this series is probably over, talk about a bad game 1, Melo folds, Chandlers sick, Amare's in foul trouble all game, and the refs displayed the worst officiated game Ive literally ever seen in my entire life.

miked1958

Rotation player
Iman was a real good defender. He will now join Lin on the list of players we won't see till next season. Without him I am afraid we don't even win a game

miked1958

Rotation player
I cant totally blame refs, guys did made a few silly fouls, I dont understand why they made such stupid fouls, some are unprofessional, I have to say it.
I am a knick fan, but I am so disappointed , why do they make silly unprofessional fouls time and time again? As to so many turnovers, why cant they find a open man to throw a ball? some throws are so risky and they still risked it.

So sad!!
Yep it's like this team had a curse put on it years ago and they never got out of it. It's like Murphy's law with this team

miked1958

Rotation player
And we went into the playoffs on a high with a nice winning streak and feeling good about ourselves. Now after one game that has all changed. Maybe it would have been better to tank and play the Bulls. Look apwhat happened to Rose today. Philly may now have a shot in that series

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
It's not over until it's over. We've got at least three more games to go, who knows maybe more, let's go Knicks!
:gony:

robbase

Rookie
Welcome to the board! Hell of a ****ing post man :beer: I agree with the majority of what you said.

Thanks. I really think this game was an outlier. Although a part of me is worried I'm being a bit too idealistic, I think we really should wait and see what happens on Monday.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Feel really sad about Shump's injury. He torn his meniscus in his right knee in college and now his left ACL and lateral meniscus in his left knee. He will never be the same mentally and nor will he reach his fullest potential physically.

Just a sad sad situation for a young player with two bum knees.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Feel really sad about Shump's injury. He torn his meniscus in his right knee in college and now his left ACL and lateral meniscus in his left knee. He will never be the same mentally and nor will he reach his fullest potential physically.

Just a sad sad situation for a young player with two bum knees.

it is a ****ing shame and its upsetting, the potential this kid has now just went down due to this shit... do people become 100% again after a ACL tear? like the chance for reinjury is higher or what?

CoolClyde

refs killed us. chandler getting called on those offensive fouls just blew our momentum, along with Melo not hitting. Heat were doing EVERYTHING right, whipping that ball around the post, just awesome. very tough to defend!

Shumphurt going down added injury to insult. what a freaking shame.
not that he was doing much while he was in the game...

Knicks not getting rebounds when it counted.
Girafferies....weak.
Turnover city... sh*t.

Junior Swish, the only Knick playing the game.

dunno man, just one of those games, Knicks couldn't catch a break, that flagrant foul Chandler hammered LeBron became an instant 10 points for the Heat and a mountain the Knicks were unable to make a run on.

2nd unit played better than 1st, then again, everyone was sitting in the 4th.

f*ck man, i hate the heat.

it is a ****ing shame and its upsetting, the potential this kid has now just went down due to this shit... do people become 100% again after a ACL tear? like the chance for reinjury is higher or what?

Well Bernard King returned to his past greatness but no i doubt he wont be as good as he couldve been before the injury.

ozwizard7

Rookie
Yesterday, referees beat Knicks easily !

ON OFFENSE
Knicks try to go to basket but HEAT defence agresive,hard and they defend with fouls. BUT REF's DON'T CALL DEFENSİVE FOUL ON HEAT PLAYERS.
so they can easily defend harder and harder.
Knicks try to answer this "foully" defence with standing hard in offensive end BUT refs call ridicilous offensive fouls on Knicks.
I remember a foul they call to T.Chandler when he was legally screening on lebron "fake" james.

So refs push knicks to shoot from far distances and force them to turnovers.

ON DEFENSE
Knicks is the 2nd best team in NBA on the defensive efficiency rate.
We were defend miami offense good since refs start to help miami !

You cant touch lebron he's untouchable.
28 free throw attempt in a half.:eek::eek:
Calls after calls knicks players start to not defend lebron hardly.
lebron can play easily without any defence.
He drives to the basket but he is relax you know if he MISS THE LAYUP THEN HE'LL SHOOT 2 FREE THROW IF HE MADE LAYUP THAN HE'LL SHOOT AND ONE.
-----
WITH THIS SCANDAL REFEREES YESTERDAY LEBRON HAD PLAYED EASIEST GAME IN HIS NBA CAREER.
if you miss layup than they'll call foul.
if you jump to the ground on defence they'll call offensive foul.
you can charge opponent players carmelo etc on both ends but referees wont call foul on you.
if they touch to you they'll call offensive or defensive call to knicks player.

28 free throw attempt , 10+ offensive fouls in a half of course knicks lose this game.

IF referees won't remove their HEAT JERSEYS KNICKS CANT WIN !

----------

Knicks can improve on both ends.
Carmelo's shooting wasn't good it can changed in coming games.
Amare could contribute more.
Without any flu or sth like that Chandler can play better.

Heat could win without referees BIG HELP maybe but 1st game was a gift from referees to HEAT i hope that won't happen again !
i want to watch basketball not any help for domination of lebron. Refs can help lebron 1,2 games in early rounds but in Finals no-one can help Lebron that much moreover i think he will stay as a looser in whole career with this mentallty.

PS: I signup this forum new. Greetings from Turkey. I'll fly to US in end of the May and hoping to see Knicks will continue their run in playoff:thumbsup:

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
Only way we can win this is if Lebron gets suspended or injured.

We need to start a fight. Woodon is the only one that looks tough enough to really go blow for blow with him though...

refs killed us. chandler getting called on those offensive fouls just blew our momentum, along with Melo not hitting. Heat were doing EVERYTHING right, whipping that ball around the post, just awesome. very tough to defend!

Shumphurt going down added injury to insult. what a freaking shame.
not that he was doing much while he was in the game...

Knicks not getting rebounds when it counted.
Girafferies....weak.
Turnover city... sh*t.

Junior Swish, the only Knick playing the game.

dunno man, just one of those games, Knicks couldn't catch a break, that flagrant foul Chandler hammered LeBron became an instant 10 points for the Heat and a mountain the Knicks were unable to make a run on.

2nd unit played better than 1st, then again, everyone was sitting in the 4th.

f*ck man, i hate the heat.

Regarding Shump's young age and the fact that the body still produces quite a lot of natural HGH in your early 20's (which helps to produce new cells and helps with recovery, rehabilitation from injury and adding muscle mass), the state-of the art rehabilitation methods (King played in the 80's) and the fact that we also know alot more about nutrition these days (often overlooked, but very important to make a good recovery) - yes, he definitely has the chance to regain his pre-injury shape, but it will take time, definitely more than 6 months.

The rehabilitation process starts very early these days, in some cases 1-2 days after surgery, where they put the knee in a mechanical brace which is attached to a sled that keeps the knee in motion to prevent it from stiffening up, getting less mobile and eventually leading to an athlete who is less athletic. That's the way it used to be in the 70's. You had surgery, then rested for weeks, got a stone-age brace to work with and suboptimal physiotherapy afterwards.

Thank god that has all changed. Shump's chances are good if everything goes as it should. The same goes for Derrick Rose.