Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 721222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: GAME ONE - Knicks @ Heat: Sat, April 28 @ 3:30. Pressure's On Them

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I dont think we win this game with unbiased refs but I think the score would be closer, less embarrassing
    Yes I agree. It might be only 25 points instead of the 38-40 its getting to.

Also, you can't really blame the refs for the fact that we've scored 53 points with 9 minutes left in the game?

Originally Posted by Rioferd
    It might have contributed but to blame a foul call on a 34 point lead is just madness.

The refs have been crap but Miami have just given us a severe beatdown plain and simple. It has more to do with us showing no pride and giving up rather than the refs rigging the game.

34 point lead. 34. We might as well pack it up and go home.
    Gotta agree with you on this one.

I cant believe some of you think were just going to bounce back like nothing happened. How many teams have lost game 1 by over 30 and went on to win the series..Id love to know that stat

You must not watch alot of basketball.

Theres nothing new about whats happened here. Calls are going to favor the stars most of the time. Its not the best reffed game but there have been worse.

Like I said many times before. You don't go down 36 points just because of the referees. The Heat have just been killing us in all areas of the game.
    Do you believe in the "snowball effect?"^^^^^^^
    If a series of extremely crappy call ABSOLUTLY took away our aggressiveness and any time they drive it's an instant foul. But on our drives NOTHING.

Do you think we legitimately fouled them 45 more time then they did us...????
    If so you are not truly a Knicks fan.

Flossy out...

Still no damn brawl?

Come on guys, NOW I'm REALLY disappointed. For a moment I was about to get excited after Joel Anthony knocked Amar'e down. I fully expected STAT to put that bitch in his place......

We gotta go out with a fight, literally!

Originally Posted by Tokie420
    I cant believe some of you think were just going to bounce back like nothing happened. How many teams have lost game 1 by over 30 and went on to win the series..Id love to know that stat
    At this point I'd just like the team to show a little pride and hurt. Maybe win a game in NY. Heck maybe even 2 just to make it interesting.

You must not watch alot of basketball.

Theres nothing new about whats happened here. Calls are going to favor the stars most of the time. Its not the best reffed game but there have been worse.

Like I said many times before. You don't go down 36 points just because of the referees. The Heat have just been killing us in all areas of the game.
    Are you reading what I'm saying, the refs started the Heat's car, stole our keys and slashed our tires allowing the Heat to ride around the track the way they wanted to

I think it was 30-29 Heat and then the calls came and what happened more calls, flops, fouls.

Melo posts up they pull him and get in front, no call, same thing again no call

JR attacks the basket gets mauled, no call, Chalmers does it with the slightest contact on the drive, foul

LeBron over reacts to a bump from JR, screen for Chandler, post up from Melo all flops all fouls

You cant win when the officials take away your ability to succeed, plain and simple

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Still no damn brawl?

Come on guys, NOW I'm REALLY disappointed. For a moment I was about to get excited after Joel Anthony knocked Amar'e down. I fully expected STAT to put that bitch in his place......

Brawl? You're kidding me right? We're not the Ewing/Starks/Oakley Knicks anymore man.

Guys like Stat and Melo aren't exactly known for being enforcers or being physical. Heck, Melo in Denver was infamous for being a big ass ***** after he sucker punched some guy and ran away right after.

Originally Posted by Tokie420
    Memorial Day Massacre, not saying we're the Lakers, just answering your question

score: 148-114

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Still no damn brawl?

For real son...Someone needs to take a stance and I hope someone calls out these refs after the games. come out and say straight up fine me whatever you want..lebrons a flopping *****, these refs are ****ing ass, and miami can suck a dick..

Shump going to the hospital...that had torn acl all over it...sitting starters in the 4th of a game one SMH wow I knew the odss were against but **** son...

I expect woody to figure things out.....Carmelo is a great scorer but between the defense of Battier and Lerbon, There is no way we can win this series if we cant even get the ball to Melo. By the time he even gets the ball the shot clock is about down to 7-8 seconds.

Woody will have his hands full trying to figure it out.

It's just game one.. if anything this game will help us rather than crush us.

Well...nothing to see here. What a pathetic and untimely combination of absolutely horrid, unfair refereeing and a dead cold offensive team. Ouch.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Are you reading what I'm saying, the refs started the Heat's car, stole our keys and slashed our tires allowing the Heat to ride around the track the way they wanted to

I think it was 30-29 Heat and then the calls came and what happened more calls, flops, fouls.

Melo posts up they pull him and get in front, no call, same thing again no call

JR attacks the basket gets mauled, no call, Chalmers does it with the slightest contact on the drive, foul

LeBron over reacts to a bump from JR, screen for Chandler, post up from Melo all flops all fouls

You cant win when the officials take away your ability to succeed, plain and simple
    Nobody is arguing that we can't win. The point here is we are down almost 40 points and thats got nothing to do with the refs.

Also, have you watched playoff basketball before? Do you watch alot of NBA games? Because the refereeing tonight isn't exactly shocking. It happens from time to time and especially for superstars like Lebron.

I dont feel as bad about missing game 2 after this, i have school monday night from 7 to 9:45. The Knicks will most likely be down 0-2 by the time i get outta class

I am so upset right now that i just turned of my TV.
    ****ing refs killed this game. It looks like Shump blew his left knee.
    i HATE TO SAY IT, but this series is over.