GAME ONE - Knicks @ Heat: Sat, April 28 @ 3:30. Pressure's On Them

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
I have to give a lot credit to Spoeltra. He came to the game with a great game plan: deny the ball to Melo at all cost. If he did get the ball, double-team.

Every coach in the NBA knew about Woodson's strategy: every play ran through Melo. Take Melo out of equation, Knicks will lose.

Spoeltra interrupted the flow of offense and won. It was transparent and well-executed by the Heat. By forcing the ball to Melo just made everything worse for Knicks--lots of TOs.

Why didnt Woodson counter with Melo taking the ball from the backcourt? He made no counters at anytime during the game, no backup plans, no answers to the situations developed during the game.

When refs started to make bad calls, instead of keeping a level head and containing the situation, Woodson lost control emotionally, along with his players--a sin for a headcoach during a game.

Knicks scouts or assistant coaches obviously didnt inform Woodson about the possibilities of LeBron flops. Woodson looked totally bewildered. Knicks folded after that. One played that really changed the game and possible the series.

Woodson entered game 1 as if Knicks were the defending champs, with this-is-what-we-are-gonna-do-and-beat-us attitude. If you lost 3 games during regular season to the Heat, wouldnt it make sense to change and have alternate plans?

Even with 3-0 regular season, Spoeltra focused and countered Woodson's plan of attack and total annihilated Knicks.

If D'Antoni couldn't gell Stat and Melo for half the season, what makes Woodson think he can in a few games?

The blowout in game 1 was just a total mental breakdown by a coach. By far the worst loss by Knicks this season, and it couldve come at a worse time.

Evolve or become extinct! I dont expect a playoff vegitated state of mind is capable of turning series around in game 2, nor game 3 or 4. Spoeltra and Heat are just too talented and well-expereienced. But I will be more than happy to eat crow later.

pat

Starter
I have to give a lot credit to Spoeltra. He came to the game with a great game plan: deny the ball to Melo at all cost. If he did get the ball, double-team.

Every coach in the NBA knew about Woodson's strategy: every play ran through Melo. Take Melo out of equation, Knicks will lose.

Spoeltra interrupted the flow of offense and won. It was transparent and well-executed by the Heat. By forcing the ball to Melo just made everything worse for Knicks--lots of TOs.

Why didnt Woodson counter with Melo taking the ball from the backcourt? He made no counters at anytime during the game, no backup plans, no answers to the situations developed during the game.

When refs started to make bad calls, instead of keeping a level head and containing the situation, Woodson lost control emotionally, along with his players--a sin for a headcoach during a game.

Knicks scouts or assistant coaches obviously didnt inform Woodson about the possibilities of LeBron flops. Woodson looked totally bewildered. Knicks folded after that. One played that really changed the game and possible the series.

Woodson entered game 1 as if Knicks were the defending champs, with this-is-what-we-are-gonna-do-and-beat-us attitude. If you lost 3 games during regular season to the Heat, wouldnt it make sense to change and have alternate plans?

Even with 3-0 regular season, Spoeltra focused and countered Woodson's plan of attack and total annihilated Knicks.

If D'Antoni couldn't gell Stat and Melo for half the season, what makes Woodson think he can in a few games?

The blowout in game 1 was just a total mental breakdown by a coach. By far the worst loss by Knicks this season, and it couldve come at a worse time.

Evolve or become extinct! I dont expect a playoff vegitated state of mind is capable of turning series around in game 2, nor game 3 or 4. Spoeltra and Heat are just too talented and well-expereienced. But I will be more than happy to eat crow later.

Excellent analysis. This is what happens if all your plans depend on one player. In a regular season scenario coaches might not throw everything the got at you, come playoff time, they definitely will. However this is not primarily Woodson's fault. This is not a well crafted team and the team is not well crafted because Dolan got involved.

Peter

Benchwarmer
In NBA, MVP-to-be is such actor, that is a shame. Not once, at least twice, he flopped. Fact. I wonder during a few times slow action on tv in front of the whole world, how are all the fans of LBJ thinking? what a shame even though tyson did made a personal foul.

He could win a Oscar this year.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

This is a good analysis besides the refs killing the game Woodson made no adjustments and couldn't keep his composure or the teams, his terrible coaching is one the main reasons NY lost.

Now game 2 is gonna be a different story and now the Knicks know the Heats game plan it's up to them to make the adjustments, this series isn't over if NY can pull out a W in game 2 somehow heading back to NY this series looks very different.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Excellent analysis. This is what happens if all your plans depend on one player. In a regular season scenario coaches might not throw everything the got at you, come playoff time, they definitely will. However this is not primarily Woodson's fault. This is not a well crafted team and the team is not well crafted because Dolan got involved.

I don't agree with that fully healthy on paper this team is actually very well balanced, it just injuries, this up an down season, lack of experience and chemistry.

But personnel wise this team healthy is actually very talented and deep.

Number3

Benchwarmer
Lets be smart get lebrick and wade in foul trouble. Jus give it to tyson ! To make the fouls or score