Knicks @ Timberwolves 10/22 Game Thread

rady

Administrator
Staff member
we're now 2-2, still better than we ever were last season, but we come after 2 disasters with jazz and mavericks. minesotta has a pretty good team but i expect ariza and crawford to show up and prove we're a +.500 team

6thman

Benchwarmer
What a catastrophy !! almost 30 point deficit! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Come on i hope the knicks can do something against Spree!!
What about Tim Thomas who sprained his left ankle??? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
It's time for Nazr to show something good!!!
I hope Marbury will score more than 10point but i guess Wilkens is keeping him on the bench to avoid injuries.....
GO KNICKS

Rady, you should put a link to the forum on the site otherwise we can't access to the forum!!!!++

Hey, anybody has any idea why Penny dint play gainst Utah?Is it cause he supposedly pulled his hamstring or just that Lenny kept him out cause that sucks!!!He definately deserves 20-25 mins and anyday way more than Shandon.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
umm, ok i know its still just preseason, but wtf, losing 2 str8 games by about 30 pts each, they are starting to make me NOT believe they will be very successful at all this year, especially on the road, where they need to learn how to play so much better, and yes u can say marbury hasnt played much and all that bologna, but notice who torched the knicks in the jazz game-raja bell, wtf? and dirk didnt even play in the mavs game, they better start playing better soon, l8r

WiL8000

Rotation player
I agree. The Knicks didn't distribute the ball well , Marbury was the only player on the team with an assist-->that's not how you're supposed to overcome taller teams.

e_D

Benchwarmer
Another loss.. 20 points.. In comparison, it's alot better to the 30+ losses
of the past few days but.. Stil inexcusable. What's going on with us?

I can't wait til we get back to the east freakin coast.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Still, this exemplifies how badly we need size up front. We can't stop other teams from scoring, especially teams with players who are 7ft. We match up well against many teams in the east, but thats not going to be good enough.
Turnovers killed us in this one (18 turnovers). The Knicks can beat a team like the TWolves if we can outscore them, they've got to play the fastbreak, and beat the oposition to the net.

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
If we can move the ball around we can still beat some of the teams... turnovers are still the biggest obstacle to overcome in running the knicks' offense.

newmove

Rotation player
The biggest problem for us is not the turnovers. It's the fact players do not care of the ball. I mean, too many lazy passes and no appropriate ball covering while dribbling it. If we could handle that we could perform better then we did last two games. I'm not even mentioning about the game vs Utah because it was a game of our youngsters, not our main players.

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
newmove said:
The biggest problem for us is not the turnovers. It's the fact players do not care of the ball. I mean, too many lazy passes and no appropriate ball covering while dribbling it. If we could handle that we could perform better then we did last two games. I'm not even mentioning about the game vs Utah because it was a game of our youngsters, not our main players.

Well, yeah, lazy passes and careless ballhandling does kind of result in turnovers ;)
Hopefully with more potent ballhandlers and decisionmakers this year over last, we will cut down on turnovers. Remember, no one knew anyone on the team last year and their tendencies.