Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920

Thread: 2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion - The Other Series

Posted this in another thread but it was meant to go here.

Random thoughts, no segways:

Miami played a flawless game today, that 3rd quarter was brutal, but incredible to watch.

As I was saying earlier in this thread, Lebron James has won me over. I think last year was a very humbling experience for him (the ESPN special, the pre-season celebration, the "My life is still better than yours" comment post-finals) and honestly I'm pretty happy for him that he's accomplished this.

Finally a member of the fab five wins a title, despite doing so in name only.

Eddy Curry, seriously that fat **** gets a ring? What's the over/under before it appears on ebay?

Looking forward to seeing what Dan Gilbert has to say about all this.

Hearing Pat Riley talk about NY in the same way he mentioned LA and MIA when talking about his rings and accomplishments was nice, but I still think he's a massive arseface.

OKC are seriously going to dominate this league for years to come, their main stars are all 22-23. They're going to be in a little bit of financial mess but it seems like all the players want to play there.

Durant needs to put on some beef so he doesn't get man-handled in the post, and also defer to someone else on fast breaks (he's simply too tall to dribble in broken play). That's really one of the few weak points in his game.

I'm really hoping the core of the Knicks watched this, in particular Melo and STAT. STAT could actually learn a lot from the way Bosh played, and Melo could hopefully see how Lebron carried himself when the double teaming came.

Miami played as an incredibly cohesive unit during this playoffs and saved the best for last, the Knicks absolutely need to watch that ball movement and what players were doing off-the-ball.

Originally Posted by Sage
    I think Lebron was pretty clutch in these playoffs. He has a will to win in the final minutes and that makes him clutch.

thank you. thats what CLUTCH is. At least someone knows

Lemme put it like this...if Durant had CP3 at PG he is avg'ing 38 ppg. and Cp4 will be avg'ing 12 assists.

No matter how talented you are, if you don't have a floor general you wont win chips.

not only was lebron clutch, his game allowed the three point shooters (miller, battier, chalmers) catch fire and seal their lead. That's something I didn't see KD or westbrook do at all. When your role players are getting 20+ points it's over.

Superstar

To me Lebron played like he always played...Difference is his teammates were hitting shots this year. Lebron almost always makes the highest percentage play, his bball IQ is off the charts. Whether that is driving, passing, shooting. The media hate the last couple was BS just to have something to talk about

Superstar

Originally Posted by clumsy
    To me Lebron played like he always played...Difference is his teammates were hitting shots this year. Lebron almost always makes the highest percentage play, his bball IQ is off the charts. Whether that is driving, passing, shooting. The media hate the last couple was BS just to have something to talk about
    But he added a post game,and stopped shooting 3's.The reason his teammates were so open, is because he was getting doubled in the post, if he would have done this years ago, like i always said, he might have been won.I'm not a LBJ fan, but it was nice watching him use his talent, the way he should.Now if we can only get Amare, to use his like he should.

Can not Effing believe I forgot to post this gif after the finals. I had it loaded up since the conference finals in case Miami beat OKC...