Iman Shumpert Torn ACL

iSaYughh

Starter
The insult to injury is almost too tough to comprehend.....Pray Shumpert comes back from this and excels....and we don't have to watch Faried beast it up -- for the ****ing Nuggets no less -- while Old Man Stat creeks around on increasingly gimp knees over the next 3 seasons....:barf:

Best of luck to Shump; let's hope his physical freakishness and a successful surgery don't rob him of any more of his NBA future.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
What's scary is this happened without apparent warning......... I don't know if different training could have helped avoid it, but I do think some teams need to investigate the training regimens of other teams who seem to be immune to such mishap...... Most notably the Lakers.

New New York

Quiet Storm
What's scary is this happened without apparent warning......... I don't know if different training could have helped avoid it, but I do think some teams need to investigate the training regimens of other teams who seem to be immune to such mishap...... Most notably the Lakers.

It's the compressed season, true this is a prevelant injury in basketball, yet the injury is a result of Shump's earlier injury not healing, thus making him more vulnerable to this injury

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
It's the compressed season, true this is a prevelant injury in basketball, yet the injury is a result of Shump's earlier injury not healing, thus making him more vulnerable to this injury
This may be the case for Derrick Rose as well...........

6-8 months? Confirmed this long?

Depends on the exact injury. If it's a clean tear without meniscus or MCL damage, then 6 months is the normal time table for a torn ACL.

If the meniscus, cartilage or MCL were injured too (which can happen when tearing your ACL) we're looking at 8-12 months.

Let's hope it's 'just' a torn ACL with no colleteral damage, which is bad enough, especially for a young and athletic guard like Shump.

With a close to perfect rehabilitation, good nutrition and a well-executed surgery he should be able to regain his pre-injury shape, but that will take time. You can add another 2-3 months to the 6-8 until he's in full game shape again.

I just hope everything goes well for him. Great young player who deserves a career.

I know this is unfair, but I wish this would have happened to Lebron's flopping ass.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Depends on the exact injury. If it's a clean tear without meniscus or MCL damage, then 6 months is the normal time table for a torn ACL.

If the meniscus, cartilage or MCL were injured too (which can happen when tearing your ACL) we're looking at 8-12 months.

Let's hope it's 'just' a torn ACL with no colleteral damage, which is bad enough, especially for a young and athletic guard like Shump.

With a close to perfect rehabilitation, good nutrition and a well-executed surgery he should be able to regain his pre-injury shape, but that will take time. You can add another 2-3 months to the 6-8 until he's in full game shape again.

I just hope everything goes well for him. Great young player who deserves a career.

I know this is unfair, but I wish this would have happened to Lebron's flopping ass.

Thanks!
And don't worry about LBJ. His percentage will drop without the torn. :)

p0nder

Starter
I'm hopeful because of his age and athleticisim that he will bounce back. He's got the right kind of mindset to work through this. very tough kid. I'd be surprised if he didn't come back to form next season.

I'm hopeful because of his age and athleticisim that he will bounce back. He's got the right kind of mindset to work through this. very tough kid. I'd be surprised if he didn't come back to form next season.

That's why im upset is because he wont be able to build on his game this off season and will now have to do constant rehab. My girl had a torn menisus and ACL and had to do so much rehab, like 3 times a week. At best he will return to his old self but his game won't take that next step until the 2013 off season.

(Unless the world ends)

mafra

Legend
I believe he tore the mcl as well. They say ROSE wont return to around XMAS, so I wouldn't expect much from Shumpert next season.

GOOD NEWS: We should be a playoff team regardless.

So, best to take it SLOWLY with Shump. Give him full time to recover, then another month to slowly practice and work himself into game shape, then another 2 months to slowly work way back into rotation.

My goal would be to get Shumprt back to 100% by next Feb/March. Give him a month to 6 weeks where he's playing normally again... so he's ready to roll come playoffs next May.