Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: JVG is right, the NBA really needs to do something about this flopping bull****.

  1. #1
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default JVG is right, the NBA really needs to do something about this flopping bull****.

    Exhibit A:



    LeBron mows down John Lucas in a regular season game, Lucas gets back up like a man, and no foul call.

    Exhibit B.



    Chandler pulls the SAME screen on Lebron, Lebron flops (check the delayed reaction where he suddenly jerks backwards), FLAGRANT foul. Even if it should only be a regular foul, this is BS.

    I don't understand why some of the largest and most athletic guys in the league like lebron and Blake Griffin have to flop so much. Take that **** like a man.

    The NBA needs to check this. If this entire series will go like this, we're going to get swept, and with D-Rose out, the Heat most likely have a ridiculously easy path to the finals.

  2. #2
    Member goldenchild1688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Im still taight at the way this game was reffed but that gif is

    dude was a flopping faggot all night

    they need to start doing like they do in international ball and hand out techs

  3. #3
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I grew up on 90's ball as a kid, so when I started playin I just balled, I got hit, I got up, I took it because its part of the game, basketball is physical, I got elbowed, thrown, pushed and punched did the same thing back but at the end of the day I fell in love with the game

    But now even the guys I play with are soft, they cry, everyone is fancy with their shoes and shorts, gotta match everything, wanna dribble all day, dont like to be touched

    I'm really starting to lose interest in basketball and its bothering the **** out of me, I love this game more than anything but I cant take it anymore, something gotta change because this is pathetic

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Exhibit A:

    LeBron mows down John Lucas in a regular season game, Lucas gets back up like a man, and no foul call.

    Exhibit B.



    Chandler pulls the SAME screen on Lebron, Lebron flops (check the delayed reaction where he suddenly jerks backwards), FLAGRANT foul. Even if it should only be a regular foul, this is BS.

    I don't understand why some of the largest and most athletic guys in the league like lebron and Blake Griffin have to flop so much. Take that **** like a man.

    The NBA needs to check this. If this entire series will go like this, we're going to get swept, and with D-Rose out, the Heat most likely have a ridiculously easy path to the finals.
    Why are you surprised Lebron flopped on us? He flopped and acted the whole Finals last year against Mavs.

    What I am mad about is Woodson obviously ignored LeBron's flop history and was totally unprepared and looked untterly surprised.

    Woodson could've addressed the media the history of LeBron's flops and acting, to prepare the NBA and refs for what to expect and send a clear message to LeBron that Knicks know about his acting and flopping.

    Woodson looked like a choir boy compared to thug Spoeltra today, totally outwitted, outplayed, and outcoached in all aspects of the game.

  5. #5
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Lebron embarrasses himself and the league when he pulls this Euro-futbol nonsense. A writhes in pain for a minute and then is 100% ok the next (shooting free throws). A guts of wind from near-contact from a guard sends him flying out-of-bounds? Nonsense.

    Like JVG says, an automatic technical should be called if a player flops. I mean, refs are judging calls based on reax anyway. That ref who called a flagrant-2 on a man setting a screen should be sent home for the remainder of the playoffs. Pathetic call!

    For the Knicks to have practically a 30-5 free throw disparity in the first half is borderline criminal. Wade-Lebron bully PG-SG-SF around the legt with their physical play. Will NYK get calls?

    Of course not, and then we have to watch Melo get molested in the paint to no avail.

    A technical of Amar'e & Carmelo? Bad calls.

    At one point, Bosh travelled but no call was made, and almost the next trip they call the travel on Amar'e? Nonsense again.

    Refs didn't cost the Knicks the game. The flu did (poor Tyson). But the turning point was that second quarter and the calls certainly help set the tone (and distract the Knicks)

  6. #6
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Cuckoo
    Why are you surprised Lebron flopped on us? He flopped and acted the whole Finals last year against Mavs.

    What I am mad about is Woodson obviously ignored LeBron's flop history and was totally unprepared and looked untterly surprised.

    Woodson could've addressed the media the history of LeBron's flops and acting, to prepare the NBA and refs for what to expect and send a clear message to LeBron that Knicks know about his acting and flopping.

    Woodson looked like a choir boy compared to thug Spoeltra today, totally outwitted, outplayed, and outcoached in all aspects of the game.
    This is like the Zapruda film: "Back and to the left." Laws of physics prohibit the reality of his body being jarred in this direction. Only if you incorporate the flopping rule can this motion be explained.

    What Woodson says before Game-2 will determine if I keep him next year. I want a Phil Jax mind game. At tomorrow's presser he should call out Lebron by name, and the refs, and take the Heat & the fine. It always worked for the Lakers when the Zen master played mind games.

    Just come out and say LJ embarrasses the league with these antics. Say if he wants to plays tricks to gain advantage with the refs, then that says a lot about the man as a man. That I would prefer losing on my feet than winning by flopping and acting.

  7. #7
    Member goldenchild1688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    This is like the Zapruda film: "Back and to the left." Laws of physics prohibit the reality of his body being jarred in this direction. Only if you incorporate the flopping rule can this motion be explained.

    What Woodson says before Game-2 will determine if I keep him next year. I want a Phil Jax mind game. At tomorrow's presser he should call out Lebron by name, and the refs, and take the Heat & the fine. It always worked for the Lakers when the Zen master played mind games.

    Just come out and say LJ embarrasses the league with these antics. Say if he wants to plays tricks to gain advantage with the refs, then that says a lot about the man as a man. That I would prefer losing on my feet than winning by flopping and acting.
    co sign

    said the exact same thing in the game thread. Take the fine and take these refs to bat.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra

    What Woodson says before Game-2 will determine if I keep him next year. I want a Phil Jax mind game. At tomorrow's presser he should call out Lebron by name, and the refs, and take the Heat & the fine. It always worked for the Lakers when the Zen master played mind games.
    Here's a sample message:
    LBJ, if you wouldn't stop the flopping and acting, you will not only disgrace the entire NBA league, but also your ancestors, families and children!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by rogeryy
    Here's a sample message:
    LBJ, if you wouldn't stop the flopping and acting, you will not only disgrace the entire NBA league, but also your ancestors, families and children!
    I wouldnt expect it.

    Look at Magic. Everyone expected them to fold but they won. Every Knicks fan had high expectation in Game 1 and they folded.

    We need a coach like SVG who will speak his mind and wouldnt have a care in the world for consequences, and actually knows how to prepare his team as an underdog!

  10. #10
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The solution is simple. The solution does not need to come from some league mandate.

    All that has to happen is for one ref, when he sees a flop, to give a technical to the flopper. Watch how quickly they will stop, immediately.

    Just one ref, just one tech for a flop.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by goldenchild1688
    co sign

    said the exact same thing in the game thread. Take the fine and take these refs to bat.
    This needed to be done yesterday. Only way to maybe get the elague to call more of a fair series is really bringing the officiating to light within the media. Oh well. I dunno this team and coaches said nothing so far that has me the least bit confident for monday. No fire. No heart. Excuses and hanged heads galore though

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by Cuckoo
    I wouldnt expect it.

    Look at Magic. Everyone expected them to fold but they won. Every Knicks fan had high expectation in Game 1 and they folded.

    We need a coach like SVG who will speak his mind and wouldnt have a care in the world for consequences, and actually knows how to prepare his team as an underdog!
    I know! I'm just saying that to make me feel better.

    There's no way on earth an NBA coach would say something like that.

    The orangeblobman's idea is good though. A technical foul would do the trick.

    But it's controversial. There are bad consequences for a tech foul to be called upon a flop. The ref might mistake an innocent one to a flop in the future.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    In NBA, MVP-to-be is such an actor, that is a shame. Not once, at least twice, he flopped. Fact. I wonder during a few times slow action on tv in front of the whole world, how are all the fans of LBJ thinking? what a shame even though tyson did made a personal foul.

    He could win a Oscar this year.

  14. #14
    Superstar YuvalNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    The solution is simple. Technical fouls for flopping.
    Like European soccer, when they flop they get a yellow card, or euro basketball they get a technical.
    Believe me once they start doing that, it'll stop.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by Peter
    In NBA, MVP-to-be is such an actor, that is a shame. Not once, at least twice, he flopped. Fact. I wonder during a few times slow action on tv in front of the whole world, how are all the fans of LBJ thinking? what a shame even though tyson did made a personal foul.

    He could win a Oscar this year.
    The word Oscar has crossed my mind too.

Similar Threads

  1. Flopping Discussion via Bobcats Game
    By c0leworld in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 23, 2012, 23:48
  2. Mozgov should be getting consistent minutes..
    By StEpHoN_mArBuRy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 356
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2012, 22:23
  3. Replies: 95
    Last Post: Dec 26, 2009, 07:29
  4. NY KNICKS vs. CHI-CAGO BULL****
    By KING~POETIQ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 21, 2009, 18:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •