Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think Melo was exposed yesterday, and he will suffer a dramatic drop-off soon.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Ah I see!

Alright, we'll give a chance. It's just very hard.

How do you feel about my assessment of his work ethic? I know we can't really know for sure what any given player does as far as working on his game, but by everything we can observe, what does Melo look like he does in the off-season? I mean, eat donuts is the first thing that comes to mind.
    Well I think he was training hard in the off-season, it might have nothing to do with his work ethic. He was also injured this season. He doesn't look overweight now, maybe he could lose weight, but yeah.

Look everybody im sorry about what i said about New York fans, we do have some really smart fans. Everywhere u go u have dumb ignorant and easily manipulated fans. Thats universal, i would just like to challenge some of us New York fans and fans from everywhere that root for NY teams, to form their own opinions instead of copying what the media does or says. Mike Breen b*tched about Melo half the season but gave Stat a pass. If your gonna get on Melo's ass please get on Stats ass too no homo.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Look everybody im sorry about what i said about New York fans, we do have some really smart fans. Everywhere u go u have dumb ignorant and easily manipulated fans. Thats universal, i would just like to challenge some of us New York fans and fans from everywhere that root for NY teams, to form their own opinions instead of copying what the media does or says. Mike Breen b*tched about Melo half the season but gave Stat a pass. If your gonna get on Melo's ass please get on Stats ass too no homo.
    Well you are right about the arrogance of fans. We do have a lot of smart fans, but I never liked the "smartest" fans in the world thing. Does New York have the majority of smart fans? Maybe, but that comes along with being such a big basketball city. It's arrogant to say they're the smartest when they'd boo Melo for posting up right after his injury instead of getting rid of the ball right away.

It's not even like that. More **** is heaped on melo because of the circumstances of his arrival in new York. He kicked a lot of dust up and with this comes great expectation and light from the spot lights.

Not to say that amare has not been wack sauce but It's a different set of expectations.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Prime TMac and Lebron >> Melo

The whole year, honestly new york fans are just as dumb as any other fans. We aint no better or smarter then anyone else, just more arrogant if anything. To be honest I think that only Boston fans are worse then us

The whole year Melo has been catching hate. Some of it is deserved, but if Melo was exposed yesterday then what does that mean for Stat?

Knicks fans have been harder on Carmelo all year, showing how dumb and easily brainwashed some of us are by the media. AT times ill admit i have defended Melo only because of the amount of hate he gets, while most of u dont even bring up Stat.

Melo at least showed some heart yesterday, he rebounded but he was out matched. Lebrons a better athlete, not only this but the Heat were smothering Carmelo

Amare had a more favorable matchup but in 32 minutes of play he had 9 points and 4 or 5 rebounds, he shot 2-7

Ill also admit at times i have made hateful posts about Amare in an attempt to even out the Amare Melo hate.

At the end of the day both of them are underachievers, at least Melo is a star player earning some of his money but both will never earn the money that they're making. Both of them will never be as great as they coulda been. We'll be a solid playoff team at best, never a championship team unless if we get some great role players around them. We had our best chance this year but too many injuries and Linjuries. Next year, the supporting cast wont be as good.

Carmelo the Burger King Anthony and Amarknee the fashion Queen Faggotmire will be the reason why we're a playoff team but they'll also be the reason why were not a championship team.

*EDIT*

Ohhh yea, i didnt forget

1 Star and neg rep to the threadstarter, the worst new poster i have seen on Knicksonline since Eddy Currys House Special
    Damn thats harsh. Eddy Curry House Special and Lanceroy were the worst of all time...

Way too premature if Melo plays that bad all series then maybe you have a case

Major Dick whoever is the OP.Melo played great considering no one on the face of the earth expected the heat to not let him post up AT ALL.That was our gameplan from the beginning and the Heat completely took it away and we had no other play drawn to get Melo in his sweet spot.

He didn't choke, he still tried every play down to post up but they just wouldnt let him.He still hustled and defended and rebounded its just that the Heat suprised everyone on how aggressive they were about taking away Melo's iso spots.

If he choked it wouldve looked like him missing his opportunities that he normally makes, not the other way around.For a month he has been posting guys up and then all of a sudden he couldnt.Now i do blame Woody a whole lot for not have off the ball plays for Melo or pick and post type plays that the Thunder run for Durant, but still i doubt Melo will play the same in game 2.Im not saying he will drop 40 but he will know their gameplan against him and he will adjust accordingly

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    With such a lax work ethic, I predicate a dramatic drop-off in Carmelo's play over the next few years. As he gets closer to 30 and then crosses that hill, he won't be able to overcome the donut eating.

1) WACK sauce!! To the umpth degree!

2) Like other new/old Knicks fans, I am loving basketball because of Jeremy Lin, however, I'm sick of this "so and so was exposed, or so and so and so is a fake" just because they happen to have a bad game!! Carmelo Anthony is the biggest reason why the Knicks have been winning.

3) I don't think any of the Knicks players had a particularly good game last night. SO, has EVERYONE been exposed in your opinion?!

Melo was exposed yesterday? Then Woodson was stripped down naked son. Yesterdays game had more to do with woodson then anything else. We kept trying to run the offense through a guy getting fronted, and was always covered. Our whole offense was to get Melo the ball, and even when he was covered theyd still try to lob the ball over the defender from the arch to the low post resulting in turnover after turnover. Melo never got into a rhythm. His shots were sporadic, contested, and rarely was he given the ball in a sweet spot or in a manner in which to be successful. This had to do with Miamis fantastic defense, fouls making him less aggressive, and the lack of a healthy PG yes, but woodsons inability to adjust and adapt to miamis defense killed us. Theres too many reason on why we lost yesterday, but for someone to say melo was exposed because he had a bad game yesterday is ridiculous.

What-everrrrrrr

Originally Posted by Tokie420
    Melo was exposed yesterday? Then Woodson was stripped down naked son. Yesterdays game had more to do with woodson then anything else. We kept trying to run the offense through a guy getting fronted, and was always covered. Our whole offense was to get Melo the ball, and even when he was covered theyd still try to lob the ball over the defender from the arch to the low post resulting in turnover after turnover. Melo never got into a rhythm. His shots were sporadic, contested, and rarely was he given the ball in a sweet spot or in a manner in which to be successful. This had to do with Miamis fantastic defense, fouls making him less aggressive, and the lack of a healthy PG yes, but woodsons inability to adjust and adapt to miamis defense killed us. Theres too many reason on why we lost yesterday, but for someone to say melo was exposed because he had a bad game yesterday is ridiculous.
    I was unhappy with Woodson's lack of use of Stoudemire. Amar'e's stats doesn't look good in that game, but he was good. He had to sit out a lot because of fouls, and wasn't getting the ball in the second half.

Oh and to the guy calling melo fat and questioning his off season work should give it a ****ing break. What you doing with ur life son? Dude isnt even fat. Hes a ****ing big thick dude. Its his size that help him be the down low scoreer that he is. Give it up with the melo hate. God amare doesnt get criticized near what melo does and he makes more money, and isnt close to the player melo is. Jesus christ I cant stand some ****ing knicks fans. This is why when I was struggling to watch ****ing duhon, lee, crawford, nasty nate I would have never come to boards like these to talk to some of these fans. If its this way now I can only imagine how it was back then.

Originally Posted by Tokie420
    Yesterdays game had more to do with woodson then anything else.
    There are so many factors involved in any game, in any sport,
    and in anything in life, so it's difficult to know exactly why a team
    loses or even wins. However, I don't think it was even Woodson's fault.

I can't stand when a team loses a game, and everyone starts to
    blame this coach or that player. How do we know for sure??
    *Okay, I just realized after I posted this that I am guilty of
    blaming someone, BUT....I was right!! (Just kidding)

It's my opinion that the Miami Heat are one of the best defensive
    players (in the short time that I've been watching basketball ) and
    the Knicks got overwhelmed for one reason or another.

It sucks that our team lost, but can't we just stay positive and
    hopeful for the next game??!!
    Last edited by Newbie; Apr 29, 2012 at 16:00.

Didnt your parents teach you guys not to pick on the special kids.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I was unhappy with Woodson's lack of use of Stoudemire. Amar'e's stats doesn't look good in that game, but he was good. He had to sit out a lot because of fouls, and wasn't getting the ball in the second half.
    Agreed. Stat also needs to keep moving out there without the ball. He stands around entirely too much anymore and just doesnt grab boards anymore. Amare had 5 rebounds yesterday. Completely unacceptable.