I think Melo was exposed yesterday, and he will suffer a dramatic drop-off soon.

Major Dick whoever is the OP.Melo played great considering no one on the face of the earth expected the heat to not let him post up AT ALL.That was our gameplan from the beginning and the Heat completely took it away and we had no other play drawn to get Melo in his sweet spot.

He didn't choke, he still tried every play down to post up but they just wouldnt let him.He still hustled and defended and rebounded its just that the Heat suprised everyone on how aggressive they were about taking away Melo's iso spots.

If he choked it wouldve looked like him missing his opportunities that he normally makes, not the other way around.For a month he has been posting guys up and then all of a sudden he couldnt.Now i do blame Woody a whole lot for not have off the ball plays for Melo or pick and post type plays that the Thunder run for Durant, but still i doubt Melo will play the same in game 2.Im not saying he will drop 40 but he will know their gameplan against him and he will adjust accordingly

Benchwarmer
With such a lax work ethic, I predicate a dramatic drop-off in Carmelo's play over the next few years. As he gets closer to 30 and then crosses that hill, he won't be able to overcome the donut eating.

whatever-2-female-smile-whatever-smiley-emoticon-000245-large.gif

1) WACK sauce!! :rolleyes: To the umpth degree!

2) Like other new/old Knicks fans, I am loving basketball because of Jeremy Lin, however, I'm sick of this "so and so was exposed, or so and so and so is a fake" just because they happen to have a bad game!! Carmelo Anthony is the biggest reason why the Knicks have been winning.

3) I don't think any of the Knicks players had a particularly good game last night. SO, has EVERYONE been exposed in your opinion?!

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Melo was exposed yesterday? Then Woodson was stripped down naked son. Yesterdays game had more to do with woodson then anything else. We kept trying to run the offense through a guy getting fronted, and was always covered. Our whole offense was to get Melo the ball, and even when he was covered theyd still try to lob the ball over the defender from the arch to the low post resulting in turnover after turnover. Melo never got into a rhythm. His shots were sporadic, contested, and rarely was he given the ball in a sweet spot or in a manner in which to be successful. This had to do with Miamis fantastic defense, fouls making him less aggressive, and the lack of a healthy PG yes, but woodsons inability to adjust and adapt to miamis defense killed us. Theres too many reason on why we lost yesterday, but for someone to say melo was exposed because he had a bad game yesterday is ridiculous.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Melo was exposed yesterday? Then Woodson was stripped down naked son. Yesterdays game had more to do with woodson then anything else. We kept trying to run the offense through a guy getting fronted, and was always covered. Our whole offense was to get Melo the ball, and even when he was covered theyd still try to lob the ball over the defender from the arch to the low post resulting in turnover after turnover. Melo never got into a rhythm. His shots were sporadic, contested, and rarely was he given the ball in a sweet spot or in a manner in which to be successful. This had to do with Miamis fantastic defense, fouls making him less aggressive, and the lack of a healthy PG yes, but woodsons inability to adjust and adapt to miamis defense killed us. Theres too many reason on why we lost yesterday, but for someone to say melo was exposed because he had a bad game yesterday is ridiculous.
I was unhappy with Woodson's lack of use of Stoudemire. Amar'e's stats doesn't look good in that game, but he was good. He had to sit out a lot because of fouls, and wasn't getting the ball in the second half.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Oh and to the guy calling melo fat and questioning his off season work should give it a ****ing break. What you doing with ur life son? Dude isnt even fat. Hes a ****ing big thick dude. Its his size that help him be the down low scoreer that he is. Give it up with the melo hate. God amare doesnt get criticized near what melo does and he makes more money, and isnt close to the player melo is. Jesus christ I cant stand some ****ing knicks fans. This is why when I was struggling to watch ****ing duhon, lee, crawford, nasty nate I would have never come to boards like these to talk to some of these fans. If its this way now I can only imagine how it was back then.

Benchwarmer
Yesterdays game had more to do with woodson then anything else.
There are so many factors involved in any game, in any sport,
and in anything in life, so it's difficult to know exactly why a team
loses or even wins. However, I don't think it was even Woodson's fault.

I can't stand when a team loses a game, and everyone starts to
blame this coach or that player. How do we know for sure??
*Okay, I just realized after I posted this that I am guilty of
blaming someone, BUT....I was right!! :mrgreen: (Just kidding)

It's my opinion that the Miami Heat are one of the best defensive
players (in the short time that I've been watching basketball :mrgreen:) and
the Knicks got overwhelmed for one reason or another.

It sucks that our team lost, but can't we just stay positive and
hopeful for the next game??!! :smokin:

Last edited:

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
I was unhappy with Woodson's lack of use of Stoudemire. Amar'e's stats doesn't look good in that game, but he was good. He had to sit out a lot because of fouls, and wasn't getting the ball in the second half.

Agreed. Stat also needs to keep moving out there without the ball. He stands around entirely too much anymore and just doesnt grab boards anymore. Amare had 5 rebounds yesterday. Completely unacceptable.

Den318

Benchwarmer
Until yesterday, there was this notion floating around the media and a lot of fans that Carmelo is a player closer to LeBron than to Tracy McGrady.

I don't think anyone thought Melo was on LeBron's level, but simply that, if you put their faces on a line, you would put Melo's face closer to LeBron's than to McGrady's on that line.

But all this was crushed yesterday. LeBron came in and did the dirty. Carmelo floundered like a fish.

To my mind, this comes down to their off-season work. LeBron, no doubt in my mind, works on his game and his body in the off season. Carmelo looks like he eats donuts.

With such a lax work ethic, I predicate a dramatic drop-off in Carmelo's play over the next few years. As he gets closer to 30 and then crosses that hill, he won't be able to overcome the donut eating.

Guy can still save himself, put some work in, and become a great player.

But the sun is setting fast.

Look, bottom line, this is our team. This team, as it is constructed, is what all the deals and trades were aimed at. I know Lin is out, but Lin might have made that game a 20 point instead of a 33 point laugher.

Knicks got blown the **** out by a team with two legitimate superstars.

Knicks got two fugazy stars.

Real talk.

LBJ and Wade are superstar. Melo and Stats......oh pleaseeee...not even close. Only Melo fan think he is even close to LBJ or Wade level.

Classic KneeJerk reaction thread. Wait til the series is over before jumping th gun. If we win tomorrow and Melo has a good game you'll be MIA

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
* ONE GAME * and already the Melo rants rain down on the forums.... i mean just last week Melo was so amazing to you all, now "he's exposed" lmao.

I remember these threads just like it was yesterday

" Melo is ball hogging well never make it to the playoffs with him TRADE TRADE TRADE"

" Knicks vs nuggets (NUGGETS WIN) "we should of kept gallo he's a real winner this game just exposed Melo, he's not a franchise player"

" Melo sits out vs Miami heat game during the season due to injury..... "MELO SUCKS HE"S NOT A LEADER HE"S EXPOSED"

Im not going to lie alot of "KNICK FANS" just like to jump on whoever is beasting at the moments DICK, I live in New York iv'e witnessed this stuff alllll season long. AMARE WAS GOD TO ALOT OF KNICKS FANS, MELO gets traded here then Stat is a nobody, LIN ARRIVED and all of a sudden this man is worshiped like he just fed every hungry child in America.

Why would you even make this thread

1. it's not supportive

2. your jumping the gun

3. WE JUST GOT BLOWN OUT BY THE HEAT NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR THIS RIGHT NOW, If your going to say something right now at least it can be something supportive... what happens if Melo goes out and dominates the rest of the series??? "OMG MELO IS THE BEST EVER THREAD"?

lol im done, thats like saying Dirk nowitzki was exposed when he missed his FT vs the HEAT in 2006... let me guess "you thought he was a choker and would never win a championship"...

ANYONE WITH EYES knows Lebron is a better overall player than Carmelo, maybe not a better shooter but his overall game dominates Melo's in every way shape and form, although Melo is still a better rebound'er IMO. have faith and stop wetting your pants and jumping to conclusions after one game... when were down 0-3 yeah then you can hit the panic button.

Last edited:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Guys calling it a knee-jerk reaction might be in denial about the severity of yesterday's ass-whooping.

It's one thing to drop game 1 by 10 points, even 15. But by 33? To be so thoroughly dominated after the way Melo finished the regular season?

It's not called knee-jerk, it's called Reality.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Guys calling it a knee-jerk reaction might be in denial about the severity of yesterday's ass-whooping.

It's one thing to drop game 1 by 10 points, even 15. But by 33? To be so thoroughly dominated after the way Melo finished the regular season?

It's not called knee-jerk, it's called Reality.
bro it was just game one, why are you over reacting... yes it was a ugly horrible disgusting massacre.

This is what we have coaches for, we go to the tapes see what we did wrong & try to work out the kinks. The heat did their homework and they were prepared. Now we have to do our homework and comeback twice as hard as they came at us. Nobody said this was going to be a peace of cake series, we just have to figure out what works for us on the court. Maybe the passes to Melo have to be adjusted, maybe the spacing has to be adjusted. If anyone can make this work Woodson can, if anything that blowout just made us stronger.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
bro it was just game one, why are you over reacting... yes it was a ugly horrible disgusting massacre.

This is what we have coaches for, we go to the tapes see what we did wrong & try to work out the kinks. The heat did their homework and they were prepared. Now we have to do our homework and comeback twice as hard as they came at us. Nobody said this was going to be a peace of cake series, we just have to figure out what works for us on the court. Maybe the passes to Melo have to be adjusted, maybe the spacing has to be adjusted. If anyone can make this work Woodson can, if anything that blowout just made us stronger.

Heh, I'm not sure if you're serious with this!

"yes it was a horrible disgusting massacre"

Yea, it definitely was. And it was dramatically juxtaposed to the hype surrounding this team going into the playoffs. I think the way it went down blew the socks off of even the most ardent supporters.

"If anyone can make this work Woodson can,..."

If anyone CAN'T make it work, it's Woodson! Woody is a coach with a terrible playoffs history and a large part of this history is his inability to make any sort of meaningful adjustment over a series.

I do believe you're joking with me. Or you're a lunatic! (I mean that in the friendliest way possible)

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Heh, I'm not sure if you're serious with this!

"yes it was a horrible disgusting massacre"

Yea, it definitely was. And it was dramatically juxtaposed to the hype surrounding this team going into the playoffs. I think the way it went down blew the socks off of even the most ardent supporters.

If anyone CAN'T make it work, it's Woodson! Woody is a coach with a terrible playoffs history and a large part of this history is his inability to make any sort of meaningful adjustment over a series.

I do believe you're joking with me. Or you're a lunatic! (I mean that in the friendliest way possible)
100% serious about it call me lunatic,weird, stupid or whatever tough guy internet words you need to use... thats not going to stop me from being a knick fan and supporting them, if your going to talk all this negative $hit about how the Knicks are never going to win with Melo, Melo sucks, We dont have a chance etc etc you might as well hop onto the Heat Bandwagon and cheer Lebron and the Heat on, i didn't see you complaining when Melo was dropping 30 point games, and giving the effort to help us even reach the playoffs. Im not saying you cant speak your opinion but everything you say seems to have some kind of negativity to it... and for what??? because the heat slit our throat in game 1??? It's not the end of the world and its not the end of the series get over it stop crying and get ready for game 2

Your judging one mans (melo) abilities based off one game. Amare wasn't out there doing jack $hit, so wheres your Amare threads???????? Are they at the corner of "im slurping up melo right now" because thats the only player you seem have to saw struggling on the court??? if you aint notice LEBRON OUTSCORED OUR WHOLE TEAM NOT JUST CARMELO ANTHONY
EdLover-CMonSon-Ep16.jpg

This would of been more Legit if, the heat were up 3-0 cmon now the series just began, and you already have doubts

You feel Melo exposed his self and we wont get anywhere this series ok cool... your entitled to your own opinion, but if we do win the series i want this thread sticky and i want you to see it everyday :flippa:

i wouldn't exactly say woodson is a terrible playoff coach, yeah the magic swept the Hawks (if im not mistaken) and yeah woody couldn't seem to escape the second... so that makes him a horrible playoff coach now? there are some coaches who cant get pass the FIRST ROUND, let alone the second round. Woodson is the same coach who took the piece of $hit 13 win club Hawks of 2005 and turned them into a 53 win club in 2010... i wouldn't judge his coaching just yet.

Ill take woodsons successful winning season as headcoach of the knicks going into the playoff's over Dantoni's failing record and lack of coaching...

Last edited:

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer

Among all you posts, this, I have to agree!

Last time Woodson coached during playoffs, after winning 4-3 the first round:

#2 Magic vs #3 Hawks
Game 1, Hawks lost by 43
Game 2, Hawks lost by 14
Game 3, Hawks lost by 30
Game 4, Hawks Lost by 14

This series marked as the most lopsided four-game sweep in NBA playoffs record. And marked the end of Woodson tenure with the Hawks!

2009 Playoffs, after winning 4-3 first round:

#1 Cavaliers (w/LeBron) vs #4 Hawks
Game 1 Hawks lost by 27
Game 2 Hawks lost by 20
Game 3 Hawks lost by 15
Game 4 Hawks won by 10

I seriously hope Woodson isn't trying to break his own record, for most lopsided playoffs sweep.

Edit: Woodson is a great regular season coach, no question about it. But as a playoff coach, he is the worst, for his inability to adjust during the game and throughout the series. Coaches adjust for the playoffs, but not him. He is just downright stubborn as a mule!

Last edited:

Benchwarmer
It amazes me how quickly people jump ship! :rolleyes:

And, the bottom line is even if the Knicks lose
against the Heat, they still played some great
games this season under coach Mike Woodson.