Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please, Jeremy...... Don't Do It!!

I have no doubt Nash would make us into a legitimate contender and re-awaken Amare, I just think he would be infinitely more effective in other places over Miami.

Originally Posted by Seba
    Nash is a guy that could get a championship for at least 9 different teams in the NBA if he signed with them right now (Knicks Included).

NYK, MIA, LAL, ORL, ATL, MEM, DEN, OKC, IND.

I'd be willing to lose Lin for Nash.
    We are talking about one of the 5 best offensive players in the history of the game. A top 5 PG too. Great leader, teammate and an example as an athlete and as a person.

If he goes to Miami I will kill myself.
    With your thinking pattern, there will be NO contract over one year in NBA.

Why? Lin will soon become a Nash like player and he is young. He can play for the Knicks for years. Anyway, changing too often doesn't do much good to team chemistry either.

A smarter way to make your wish come true is to sign Nash while keeping Lin.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Should have signed Allen Iverson.
    He's too busy terrorizing his soon-to-be-ex-wife.

Originally Posted by Seba
    Nash is a guy that could get a championship for at least 9 different teams in the NBA if he signed with them right now (Knicks Included).

NYK, MIA, LAL, ORL, ATL, MEM, DEN, OKC, IND.

I'd be willing to lose Lin for Nash.
    We are talking about one of the 5 best offensive players in the history of the game. A top 5 PG too. Great leader, teammate and an example as an athlete and as a person.

If he goes to Miami I will kill myself.
    If he doesn't stay with the Suns my guess is he's coming to New York or Dallas. Has a home New York, spends a lot of time there in the summer, and would get to play with Amar'e. Dallas has Dirk and is his former team.

Nash said his first option is Phoenix, all they have to do is make the moves in the off-season. I hope he stays in Phoenix and wins a championship there.

Originally Posted by rogeryy
    With your thinking pattern, there will be NO contract over one year in NBA.

Why? Lin will soon become a Nash like player and he is young. He can play for the Knicks for years. Anyway, changing too often doesn't do much good to team chemistry either.

A smarter way to make your wish come true is to sign Nash while keeping Lin.

100% agreed. Sign Nash and let Lin learn from him. Lin is young and a Nash in the making. Players get better (and importantly, motivated) when Lin is on the court.

Unlike some players on this team.........

Originally Posted by onex0is0
    100% agreed. Sign Nash and let Lin learn from him. Lin is young and a Nash in the making. Players get better (and importantly, motivated) when Lin is on the court.

But that would require that either Nash or Lin signed with us for the minimum. Obviously that would be an ideal case, it just ain't happening.

from real gm:

Jeremy Lin reported that he took “a step back’’ Sunday when his knee didn’t react well to his extensive pregame workout on Saturday.
    Lin is not considering returning for Game 2 on Monday, or Game 3 in New York on Thursday.
    “I’ll see how I feel at the end of the week,’’ he said. “But I don’t want to make a promise.’’
    Lin hasn't taken contact since the injury and only run a few times.

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    I have no doubt Nash would make us into a legitimate contender and re-awaken Amare, I just think he would be infinitely more effective in other places over Miami.
    It's funny how Amare needs Nash to justify his huge contract. I can't get with that.

In my opinion Nash is the only player in the NBA that could bring Stat back

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    In my opinion Nash is the only player in the NBA that could bring Stat back
    he sure needed nash last year right? whatever u say

he'll go to miami. he'll just pass pass pass to bron wade bosh

Originally Posted by onex0is0

Lin can also teach Nash how to play defense.................

I live in Phoenix, and have seen Nash play lots of times, his defense is the sole reason why he has never won a title. (He is to point guards what Bernard King was to scorers.) The Suns always needed shot blocking big men to bail him out.

To give you an idea, Lin had five steals in a game during his brief starting stretch........ Nash had five steals in a game just once in his lengthy career. Lin had three blocked shots in a game during his brief stretch. Nash NEVER had three blocked shots in a game in his entire career!!
    Last edited by tkrieger; May 01, 2012 at 00:42.

No way Lin should even considering coming back. He has a career to protect and alot of teams will be interested in throwing money at him this summer.

This is a lost cause anyways. Why come back to play for such a dysfunctional team when your so called star player/leader is stupid enough to injure himself by punching through glass?

Originally Posted by tkrieger
    Lin can also teach Nash how to play defense.................

I live in Phoenix, and have seen Nash play lots of times, his defense is the sole reason why he has never won a title. (He is to point guards what Bernard King was to scorers.) The Suns always needed shot blocking big men to bail him out.

To give you an idea, Lin had five steals in a game during his brief starting stretch........ Nash had five steals in a game just once in his lengthy career. Lin had three blocked shots in a game during his brief stretch. Nash NEVER had three blocked shots in a game in his entire career!!
    Nash isn't a bad defender. He gets in the right spot at the right time. He gives the effort too.

Originally Posted by Rioferd
    No way Lin should even considering coming back. He has a career to protect and alot of teams will be interested in throwing money at him this summer.

This is a lost cause anyways. Why come back to play for such a dysfunctional team when your so called star player/leader is stupid enough to injure himself by punching through glass?

The season is over for the Knicks. Lin should let our 2 idiot stars embarrass themselves the last 2 games.

if some of you really want Nash, then how can you have called for D'Antoni's firing? he would have been the best person to recruit Nash, now instead I'm sure if they still talk he will be telling him New York is the last place to play in.