Would you give minutes to Douglas?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
We know how bad he played most of the season, but with Shumpert's injury, would you go for it? I'm wondering if we should because of Baron's past (current?) injuries and I don't know if Bibby could play good that many minutes because I don't know if he's hurting. I'm also wondering because injuries might have effected Douglas, and if he is feeling good now, we might get some of that defense and shooting again.

I think we should if we struggle early and Bibby and/or Douglas needs the rest.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Yup ill give douglas 5 minutes

1 minute to tell me why he chucks up bricks

1 minute to tell me after learning things from felton, billups and Baron, why he still cant be even somewhat of a PG

1 minute to tell me why he cant make layups

1 minute to tell me what he's done for this team all season

and 1 minute to tell me why he gave Chandler the flu

but in all seriousness, i don't know im kind of starting to like bibby more, but since shump is down. I think woodson will play Douglas regardless, i dont think Baron/Bibby will cut it we need more help now

Last edited:

Jinki?s

Rookie
I prefer Davis and Bibby. We have JR Smith and Fields to cover the 2. Also, we've run with no real PG in the past. It shouldn't be too much of an issue with JR Smith is in there.
Give more playing time to the starters and bump up Novaks minutes before Douglas. Neither one plays defense but at least when Novak catches on fire, he's ridiculous. Plus, its the end of the season, the starters can go all out for 40 minutes. Fight through it!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I prefer Davis and Bibby. We have JR Smith and Fields to cover the 2. Also, we've run with no real PG in the past. It shouldn't be too much of an issue with JR Smith is in there.
Give more playing time to the starters and bump up Novaks minutes before Douglas. Neither one plays defense but at least when Novak catches on fire, he's ridiculous. Plus, its the end of the season, the starters can go all out for 40 minutes. Fight through it!
Actually, I'd be for Novak getting more minutes, and earlier.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Why the hell not at this point? He's rested long enough and should come out and give everything he's got to playing defense.

Paul1355

All Star
We know how bad he played most of the season, but with Shumpert's injury, would you go for it? I'm wondering if we should because of Baron's past (current?) injuries and I don't know if Bibby could play good that many minutes because I don't know if he's hurting. I'm also wondering because injuries might have effected Douglas, and if he is feeling good now, we might get some of that defense and shooting again.

I think we should if we struggle early and Bibby and/or Douglas needs the rest.

you would have to play him with Jr or Melo so someone besides Douglas can ball handle when Toney has no idea what to do.

A d league PG would be so much better than this guy handling the rock. It is sad how one dimensional he has become on offense. He has become a pure shooting guard that is 6'1.

I would play him since I cant stand seeing JR be the only pg on the floor.

Give Mike Bibby solid minutes, limit Davis since he is always hurt, and bring in TD for defense.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
He isn't that bad, he played solid when Billups went down against the Celts last year. And he has had glimpses this year (blowout in Orlando).

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Actually, I'd be for Novak getting more minutes, and earlier.

No reason Novak shouldnt get at least 7-10 shots a game. Especially when teams are doubling and fronting on melo. Hes the best fn shooter we have and he can break Miamis Defense.

I really dont think toney should be anywhere near the court. Im sure anyone can dribble int mins.o traffic with their head down and then give up the dribble. Nah Id rather let Mr chuck city JR take it up when davis isnt on the floor, and let bibby get 5 min or so if healthy. I honestly think TD could do more to hurt us then to benefit us at this point. Woodson knows it too...

Last edited:

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
He isn't that bad, he played solid when Billups went down against the Celts last year. And he has had glimpses this year (blowout in Orlando).

Yeah and then orchestrated the offense so bad against chicago in the 2nd quarter(I believe it was the easter game) that woody pretty much abandoned him the rest of the year unless he aboslutley had to or we were in garbage time. TD will do more to hurt us then help us.

Kiyaman

Legend
We gave up to soon on Toney Douglas....workin on TD passin-skills this season in PnR, low-postup, hittin a open Novak, wouldve took TD out of Dantoni's green-light decision-making to shoot 3-balls.
TD reminds me of JR. Smith but with defense at the PG.

nyk_nyk

All Star
We gave up to soon on Toney Douglas....workin on TD passin-skills this season in PnR, low-postup, hittin a open Novak, wouldve took TD out of Dantoni's green-light decision-making to shoot 3-balls.
TD reminds me of JR. Smith but with defense at the PG.

Stop it Kiya. Douglas is horrible and can never seem to understand what's going on in the game. His basketball instincts are bad and we actually made a huge mistake by extending his contract. (money wasted)

Kiyaman

Legend
Stop it Kiya. Douglas is horrible and can never seem to understand what's going on in the game. His basketball instincts are bad and we actually made a huge mistake by extending his contract. (money wasted)

nyk_nyk....what is horrible that showed bad instinct of understanding the game is we (Knicks) have been outscored in all 8 quarters vs the Miami Heat....all the combination of lineups headcoach Woody put out on the court fail to outscore the Heat in every quarter of this postseason series.

We have 4 decent double-diget scorers on this Knicks team in "Novak, JR, Melo, and Stat", our PG Davis, Bibby, and Shump could not get our 4 scorers to outscore the Heat in any of the last 8 quarters.
If u dont know how bad it looks to be outscored in 8 straight quarters....
Stat's home is just a couple hour drive away from Miami stadium, Stat committed an act on himself, where he will not be flying back with the team, or be at practice on Tuesday or Wednesday, or play in Thursday game.

Why coach Woody never put Tyson Chandler & Jefferies in the same lineup after their great crunchtime performance within Lin-Sanity 7 game win streak? The two frontcourt players co-exist to gell well for 8 & 10 minute straight in a quarter. Tyson & Jefferies had Shump change all his foolish decision-making while on the court with them, when u look what Tyson/Jefferies leadership did for "Novak & Lin", u should know they couldve done the same for Toney Douglas foolish Dantoni ways.

Now Woody is force to put Tyson & Jefferies in the same lineup with Melo leadership....how it will turnout depends on Melo, after Tyson/Jeff/Douglas outscore the Heat in a quarter???
:smokin::gony: :smokin: