Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11252627282930313233 LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 488

Thread: G2: New York Knicks @ Miami Heat 04.30 7:00 PM

  1. #451
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    We need a glue guy and a consistent scorer off the bench

  2. #452
    Member tkrieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The difference in the game was defensive rotation and players moving without the ball. I think if there were a statistic counting back screens, the Heat would have outdone the Knicks by a ratio of 10 to 1 in that game.

    Although the Knicks were never a team that did much of that anyways......

    I think this was why they had trouble defensively against the Cavs, because aside from the contrast in talent, the Cavs run basically the same offensive system to that of the Heat. The Knicks biggest defensive weakness his handling back screens and screens away from the ball.

  3. #453
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ...

    That's now TWO games we've lost despite winning the rebounding advantage both times.

  4. #454
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    THE KNICKS LOST BECAUSE THEY WHERE TO FOCUSE ON LBJ THAT THEY FORGOTE HE IS A WILLING PASER NOT LIKE MELO HE ENDED UP WITH 9 DIMES AND MIKE MILLER, BATTIER AND BOSH MISS SOME EASY LAY UPS AND THREE POINTERS SO IF 50% OF THOSE SHOT FALL LBJ WOULD HAVE END UP WITH MORE THAN 15 ASSIST AND THE LEAD WOULD HAVE BEEN BIGGER! THEY NEED TO RUN MORE STUFF FOR STAT BECAUSE ALL TEHY DO IS GIVE THE BALL TO MELO AND GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY! AND THAT VS HEAT DOSENT WORK BECAUSE HEAT(BRON AND bATTIER ARE FIGHTING FOR POSITION VS MELO TO TIER HIM UP) THEY BUMP WITH HIM IN LEGAL WAY THEN THE MAKE HIM DEFEND SO HE GET TIRED BY THE 4TH QUARTER!

  5. #455
    Member Number3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    right across the river...Jersey
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    we could use Bill Walker right now in these playoffs... he was the reason we were neck n neck when we faced the heat in the reg. season

  6. #456
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA Reply Retweeted Favorite Open
    RT @SpearsNBAYahoo Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire cut his hand after punching hard surface in locker room.
    Welll atleast he cares..

  7. #457
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    We showed up this time... Still trying to figure out how a feet in the mud shooter like Shane Battier gets that wide open...and Chalmers...wow...Back to NYC to get the worst road team in the NBA in front of our home fans...Lets go Knicks...Stat please stay after and do a layup line and free throws please damn...

  8. #458
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    We need a glue guy and a consistent scorer off the bench
    Lin returning almost solves both of those things at once.

    We also need a new coach, and something to be done about Amare -- idk tho, with his contract, idk how you afford to use him like he's getting paid 5M a year, and expect to ever actually contend in the NBA right now.

    In that vein, getting Lin back (or a special PG like Nash) is another potential savior for Amare, and us.

    edit -- Shump's injury is the elephant in the living room here, too. You can't replace his D, and impact on our rotation. You just can't.

  9. #459
    Superstar Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Originally Posted by @AlexKennedy
    RT @SpearsNBAYahoo Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire cut his hand after punching hard surface in locker room.
    Welll atleast he cares..
    A surface harder than Amar'e? Could have been a pillow that he punched.

  10. #460
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    NYPost_Berman: Reports Amar'e punched fire extinguisher and is bleeding.
    .........................

  11. #461
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Lin returning almost solves both of those things at once.

    We also need a new coach, and something to be done about Amare -- idk tho, with his contract, idk how you afford to use him like he's getting paid 5M a year, and expect to ever actually contend in the NBA right now.

    In that vein, getting Lin back (or a special PG like Nash) is another potential savior for Amare, and us.

    edit -- Shump's injury is the elephant in the living room here, too. You can't replace his D, and impact on our rotation. You just can't.
    Even though Lin knows how to play tight D and has amazing ball movement that drives our offense, we still wont beat the Heat with him in. We really need to get rid of Amare asap and try a different approach. The Heat are just on another level...

  12. #462
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Welll atleast he cares..
    He should punch a locker after all the layups/free throws he missed...yes i am hating...change the nickname to standing tall and TERRIBLE(yes charles barkley TURRIBLE)...

  13. #463
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Ghostowl
    Even though Lin knows how to play tight D and has amazing ball movement that drives our offense, we still wont beat the Heat with him in. We really need to get rid of Amare asap and try a different approach.
    Goodluck on that...he needs to man the **** up for real. Playing like ass.

  14. #464
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    .........................
    He missed punching a teammate and hit that by accident, **** is going down.

  15. #465
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    He missed punching a teammate and hit that by accident, **** is going down.
    Watch it be anthony.....

Similar Threads

  1. the PO
    By 6thman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2012, 20:10
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Apr 12, 2010, 17:39
  3. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 10:06
  4. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  5. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •