STAT is a fukkin idiot

skisloper

Starter
you have to look at it from a business perspective. now if we kept billups is he more of an attraction then Renaissance Man to games, what about merchandise sales? for some reason, not sure if its still there, knicks fans still have soft spot for Statosphere but we barely knew Billups. the goal is to find what generates most money to help pay with Garden rennovations, if we lose who cares. its not about winning like Wu Tang Cash Rules Everything Around Me

I do not think merchandise is an issue when it comes to the Knicks.......
I am sure nobody thought Stat would be as bad as he was this year and possibly hit a wall and heading downward,,,,,,,,,

The fact is that the Knicks give or take are now the team we have in front of us for the next 3 seasons.........A good team but not a championship team.....
lin
shump
fields
Melo
Stat
chandler
jordan
and Josh

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
Amnesty on STAT?
give me a f-ing break!!!

U are all talking in past tense,
at that time Melo-Amare had only a half a year together, and nobody in his right mind would have even considered that.

In this case it's not even hindsight is 20-20, it's just plain wrong and impossible.

DAntoni's fault,
Amare's fault,
Woody's fault,
...who's next?

What Amare did was dumb as f-k but come on ppl be logical.

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
untitled-1l7y7l.gif

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Amnesty on STAT?
give me a f-ing break!!!

U are all talking in past tense,
at that time Melo-Amare had only a half a year together, and nobody in his right mind would have even considered that.

In this case it's not even hindsight is 20-20, it's just plain wrong and impossible.

DAntoni's fault,
Amare's fault,
Woody's fault,
...who's next?

What Amare did was dumb as f-k but come on ppl be logical.

Dude missed 3 playoff games last year because he tried to twist and contort on a dunk in the layup line. He's now going to miss at least one playoff game this year because he punched a fire extinguisher.

go here ---------------> http://dictionary.reference.com

look up the word "logic" and get back to me.

Not that we even have an amnesty to use anyway...but still....

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
So u think becuz Amare does some dumb shit ppl should have seen it coming 1 year ago?

I ain't disputing what Amare did was fud up, but now ppl talking amnesty cause of some article they read on ESPN or some crap,
the problem is always deeper than that with the Knicks, as always.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
So u think becuz Amare does some dumb shit ppl should have seen it coming 1 year ago?

I ain't disputing what Amare did was fud up, but now ppl talking amnesty cause of some article they read on ESPN or some crap,
the problem is always deeper than that with the Knicks, as always.

I know the article you're talking about, but I didn't read it.

My opinions are based on the multitude of issues I've had with Amar'e this season, those have been well documented here on the forums over the course of the entire season. I see you just signed up today, so I assume that you didn't see those discussions from back in like January and February.

I was extremely tough on STAT early on, backed off a little as the season wore on, and now I've been pushed over the edge. You can't make yourself unavailable to your team, for two consecutive playoff campaigns, with easily avoidable injuries, injuries that take place in a basketball arena, outside the 4 quarters of a basketball game.

Once is whatever, twice is inexcusable.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the photoshop of the year right there.

Stoudemire is washed up and overpaid. His value is the same as Eddy Curry's, when he was a Knick.

To be honest, the Knicks don't need him in games 3 or 4. This is a blessing in disguise. He sucks. We're better off putting Steve Novak or Dan Gazuric in the lineup.

With Stoudemire, the Knicks have a 5% chance of winning game 3. Without him, the Knicks have a 50% chance of winning game 3.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the photoshop of the year right there.

Stoudemire is washed up and overpaid. His value is the same as Eddy Curry's, when he was a Knick.

To be honest, the Knicks don't need him in games 3 or 4. This is a blessing in disguise. He sucks. We're better off putting Steve Novak or Dan Gazuric in the lineup.

With Stoudemire, the Knicks have a 5% chance of winning game 3. Without him, the Knicks have a 50% chance of winning game 3.

U are right when u say Knicks have a better chance without STAT.
But that's because him and Melo can't coexist offensively.
Amare alone without Melo always plays well, and of course the same is true for Melo without Amare.

Amare cannot be traded because of the massiveness of his contract. Thats almost a given.

And you are wrong when u say he is washed up.
He can still be a monster off of the pick and rolls designed for him.
Unfortunately he is not good at defense and post up plays.

So the only option probably is to find a way to run pick and rolls with Melo and Amare,
or get a point guard like Nash who can run the PnR with Amare without diminishing Melo's offense, or hope for Lin to get at that level quickly,.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
I don't know about you guys but after last night's self-injurious behavior by Stat, I am all for letting him go. Dolan probably has to eat a big portion of Stat's contract but keeping him around will only impede the development of this team.

In hindsight, we probably would be better off with David Lee. :(:mad:

jimkcchief88

All Star
As Tony Montana said" I never liked him, for all I know he had my friend set-up".

First of all this is a CLASSIC KO.COM thread. Now that that's outta the way, let's all pile on STAT: Standing Tall And TURRIBLE(Barkley). A remember the party on the board and knee-jerk contract I'm sure at the behest of DAMNPHONY. Now DAMNPHONY is gone, STAT sits out for a month, now this. As Isayugh said: what would Pat Ewing think???? I got chills and tears came to my eyes watching that posted Video of the old warrior limping on those bad knees....I remember where I was when Houston hit that shot....Now we are stuck with STAT...No heart.... Why didn't punch Lebron one of those 50 times Bron blew by him...Or punch himself for missing 3 freethrows in a row including the lane violation... I dunno if we can get out from under his bloated contract this Summer but...

Either way as was said above this is a blessing in disguise. This team played better without STAT down the stretch. He occupies Melo's spots and takes Melo's shots and plays no D. In any case, Ewing, Oakley, Mason, Starks, Anthony, Ward, throw in Earl the Pearl and Clyde and kick the crap out of STAT on GP.

quiggle

Starter
do any of you play Gears of War 3 on XBox ever since Renaissance Man did the rows I cant stand this damn character remind me of him

331px-GOW_3_Jace.png

skisloper

Starter
I don't know about you guys but after last night's self-injurious behavior by Stat, I am all for letting him go. Dolan probably has to eat a big portion of Stat's contract but keeping him around will only impede the development of this team.

In hindsight, we probably would be better off with David Lee. :(:mad:

At this point letting him go is just stupid.....He is on the books for 20 million no matter what,,,,,,,,,......There has not been a single NBA analyst who feels they can co-exist together,,,,,,,,so just use Stat off the bench........Memphis did it with Randolph all season.....He can play the 5 or the 4........Might as well utilize him the best way we can in a the situation we have........Nobody should worry about him being upset or that we have a 20 million dollar bench player....all that should matter is how to maximize what we have,,,,,,,

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
At this point letting him go is just stupid.....He is on the books for 20 million no matter what,,,,,,,,,......There has not been a single NBA analyst who feels they can co-exist together,,,,,,,,so just use Stat off the bench........Memphis did it with Randolph all season.....He can play the 5 or the 4........Might as well utilize him the best way we can in a the situation we have........Nobody should worry about him being upset or that we have a 20 million dollar bench player....all that should matter is how to maximize what we have,,,,,,,

I don't have problem with a 20-million dollar bench player. Dolan should live with his own stupidity.

OTOH, I worry that Stat will not be happy coming off the bench and would demand a trade. That's really going to put Knicks in a bad position to get something worthwhile back.

So trade his sorry ass.

skisloper

Starter
I don't have problem with a 20-million dollar bench player. Dolan should live with his own stupidity.

OTOH, I worry that Stat will not be happy coming off the bench and would demand a trade. That's really going to put Knicks in a bad position to get something worthwhile back.

So trade his sorry ass.

NO TEAM will take his 20 million a year for the next 3 years ALL WHICH ARE NOT INSURED!!!!!!!!

Please I hope I eat my words but it will not happen.......

I will say that there is nobody quicker to get to the baseline to inbound the ball after the other team drives right by you for lay-up then our man AMARE .

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
NO TEAM will take his 20 million a year for the next 3 years ALL WHICH ARE NOT INSURED!!!!!!!!

Please I hope I eat my words but it will not happen.......

I will say that there is nobody quicker to get to the baseline to inbound the ball after the other team drives right by you for lay-up then our man AMARE .

:lol:

Yes he is untradeable. I just hope he comes back from this better and stronger. Maybe he will finally learn from this huge mistake and become a leader. Just like Nash was on his Phoenix team.

He has to realise that he is now a leader and star on this team. A franchise player and you can't act that way as a franchise player. You need to produce every night and play well in the playoffs. Getting yourself injured for no good reason is the exact opposite.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
sign Nash or hope that Lin can become an elite PG,
then Amare can dunk off of picknrolls, which is the only thing he can do.....he got no D, no post up game, but he can dunk off of pick-n-rolls