STAT is a fukkin idiot

orangeblobman

Rotation player
What's scary is that if Lin didn't drop out of the sky for us, this team would be even more ****ed than it is now. I doubt we would be in the playoffs.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
I dont understand for the life of me why they never put melo and amare in the two man game or have melo run a pnr with amare it would be unstoppable why have our coaches not figured it out yet melo dose it with chandler i don't get it?

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
What's scary is that if Lin didn't drop out of the sky for us, this team would be even more ****ed than it is now. I doubt we would be in the playoffs.

Have no doubt. With or without Lin, this team is just not very good when your two primary offensive weapons don't complement each other.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Have no doubt. With or without Lin, this team is just not very good when your two primary offensive weapons don't complement each other.

dwade and lebron are the same player but they sacrifice and defer to each other so its proven it can work carmelo and amare have proven that they are unwilling more so on melo's end in my opinion

CA7

Scoring Champ
dwade and lebron are the same player but they sacrifice and defer to each other so its proven it can work carmelo and amare have proven that they are unwilling more so on melo's end in my opinion

thats a lie, Wade understood that he had to play off of LeBron in order for them to succeed, he admitted it, Wade doesn't mind playing #2 because he understands LeBron is their best player and as such thats the best for the team

STAT wants to be the #1 guy in my opinion but its not best for us, STAT can easily be 20 and 10 playing off of Melo but he doesn't want that, he wants pick n rolls every time down, #1 option, STAT City, but he's not that player anymore and he has yet to realize it

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
STAT wants to be the #1 guy in my opinion but its not best for us, STAT can easily be 20 and 10 playing off of Melo but he doesn't want that, he wants pick n rolls every time down, #1 option, STAT City, but he's not that player anymore and he has yet to realize it

We all know Stat can't stand being the complementary player. It doesn't look like Melo would defer to Stat either.

What viable options do Knicks have other than trading Stat?

oshi

Benchwarmer
When somebody first told me about this I literally thought they were ****ing with me. I still can't really grasp how idiotic Amare must be to do this. I mean the entire game he is lifeless then all of a sudden he's juiced up in emotion in the locker room and punches out a fire ext.? Really?

I still like Amare, I mean I want to believe in Amare I guess, but it hasn't been working. He doesn't close out on d or reb. On offense he's lifeless I think if he was closer to man with ball and made constant hard cuts it could work better but the Knicks haven't really been doing that. Anyway at least this gives Jeffries a chance let's see what he can do I think we are guarenteed more hustle with rebs and d at least

CA7

Scoring Champ
We all know Stat can't stand being the complementary player. It doesn't look like Melo would defer to Stat either.

What viable options do Knicks have other than trading Stat?

but honestly at this stage in his career why should Melo differ, STAT has lost his luster he is an 18 and 8 guy but he doesn't see it, I dont want Melo taking every shot dont get me wrong but just like Wade realized what was best STAT needs to man up and play off Melo

when Melo's cookin, we have a shot to win every night, if not we tend to play worse than usual, I wanna see this team at full health after a full training camp but sadly I doubt we get everyone back

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I disagree that STAT can't handle being a complimentary player. I think he can, just not with Melo. I think it's Melo that can't stand having anyone else around him.

Melo would be happiest playing 1 on 5.

STAT has shown a willingness to take the second fiddle. He's tried to make it work. But the way it's set up, it's just not a good fit. Melo and Amar'e don't fit.

You put Amar'e next to a guy like LeBron, or a Wade, for example, and he'll drop the buckets for you and be happy about it. No doubt in my mind.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I disagree that STAT can't handle being a complimentary player. I think he can, just not with Melo. I think it's Melo that can't stand having anyone else around him.

STAT has shown a willingness to take the second fiddle. He's tried to make it work. But the way it's set up, it's just not a good fit. Melo and Amar'e don't fit.

You put Amar'e next to a guy like LeBron, or a Wade, for example, and he'll drop the buckets for you and be happy about it. No doubt in my mind.

you sound like a ****in idiot

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Dwade won 2 championships and one of them as the main guy....its probably much easier for him to defer knowing he already won it as "the man".
lol Wade has 1 championship and it was from the 2005-2006 season against Dallas..... Unless your just talking about ECF championships

This was most likely the worse year in Amare's life. The injuries, the death in his family, etc...

The 100 million dollar man should recycle some of Steve Austin's body parts...

The parts should be on sale, no longer worth that 6 million price tag but still serviceable enough to play a decent game of BBall I suppose.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
This was most likely the worse year in Amare's life. The injuries, the death in his family, etc...

The 100 million dollar man should recycle some of Steve Austin's body parts...

The parts should be on sale, no longer worth that 6 million price tag but still serviceable enough to play a decent game of BBall I suppose.

Stoudemire

-Bulging disc

-Eye injuries

-knee injuries

-Back injuries

-Broken hand

i'd have my eyes on retirement, before things get worse.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Your posts are so judgemental. Non-sensical and just plain bad. Do you even read what you write? You do realize he recently got a triple double, right? That right there kills half your post.

Try again Orangebobloblaw.

lol Wade has 1 championship and it was from the 2005-2006 season against Dallas..... Unless your just talking about ECF championships

My bad...not sure why i thought it was two. Should have checked first.

My overall point still stands. Dwade has nothing to prove. Thats why lebron got the flack for going to miami to ride the coat tails.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
but honestly at this stage in his career why should Melo differ, STAT has lost his luster he is an 18 and 8 guy but he doesn't see it, I dont want Melo taking every shot dont get me wrong but just like Wade realized what was best STAT needs to man up and play off Melo

when Melo's cookin, we have a shot to win every night, if not we tend to play worse than usual, I wanna see this team at full health after a full training camp but sadly I doubt we get everyone back

Yes and yes. We should trade Stat because he would only get in the way.

Melo should be the focal point on offense but share the distribution of ball with Lin. We need role players who will move without the ball. We need role players who will hustle on defense.

Let Melo take his 20+ shots per game. Let Lin be the facilitator. Bring in a bruiser PF who can board and provide rim protection. We will then contend.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Your posts are so judgemental. Non-sensical and just plain bad. Do you even read what you write? You do realize he recently got a triple double, right? That right there kills half your post.

Try again Orangebobloblaw.

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Yes and yes. We should trade Stat because he would only get in the way.

Melo should be the focal point on offense but share the distribution of ball with Lin. We need role players who will move without the ball. We need role players who will hustle on defense.

Let Melo take his 20+ shots per game. Let Lin be the facilitator. Bring in a bruiser PF who can board and provide rim protection. We will then contend.

agreed, Lin can set up the O, Melo can iso when things get erratic, they can feed of eachother, I actually think we should grab a 3/4 type think Jeff Green, next to Melo so he can still have good spacing and we wont have match up problems, most teams dont have true 7 footers at the 4 and 5 so we'd only have to make adjustments for the Lakers and maybe the Spurs but Melo would just have to play harder and rebound the ball better

quiggle

Starter
to all you fans here who still support Renaissance Man guess what he doesnt care about you, I dont see him thanking the supportive fans here.

"But again, my family stuck with me, my friends and teammates stuck with me so hopefully I'll be ready for Sunday."