Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: STAT is a ****in idiot

Veteran

Just think.......
    we could have amnesty STAT instead of Billups.....
    Billups
    Shump
    Fields
    Melo
    Chandler...

with Billups coming off the book we would have had enough to offer a MAX contract to Deron Williams....and have 5-6 million leftover...

OH WELL AS IT GOES....

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Just think.......
    Billups
    Shump
    Fields
    Melo
    Chandler...

with Billups coming off the book we would have had enough to offer a MAX contract to Deron Williams....and have 5-6 million leftover...

OH WELL AS IT GOES....
    yeah but that would have been 80mil Dolan would have had to pay for a guy thats not on the team anymore, Billups was comin off the books anyway so it didn't matter

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Just think.......
    Billups
    Shump
    Fields
    Melo
    Chandler...

OH WELL AS IT GOES....
    you have to look at it from a business perspective. now if we kept billups is he more of an attraction then Renaissance Man to games, what about merchandise sales? for some reason, not sure if its still there, knicks fans still have soft spot for Statosphere but we barely knew Billups. the goal is to find what generates most money to help pay with Garden rennovations, if we lose who cares. its not about winning like Wu Tang Cash Rules Everything Around Me

@HarveyAraton: Amar'e didn't take his Jewish education seriously enough: we break glass in celebration not defeat.

LMAO.

Veteran

Originally Posted by quiggle
    you have to look at it from a business perspective. now if we kept billups is he more of an attraction then Renaissance Man to games, what about merchandise sales? for some reason, not sure if its still there, knicks fans still have soft spot for Statosphere but we barely knew Billups. the goal is to find what generates most money to help pay with Garden rennovations, if we lose who cares. its not about winning like Wu Tang Cash Rules Everything Around Me
    I do not think merchandise is an issue when it comes to the Knicks.......
    I am sure nobody thought Stat would be as bad as he was this year and possibly hit a wall and heading downward,,,,,,,,,

The fact is that the Knicks give or take are now the team we have in front of us for the next 3 seasons.........A good team but not a championship team.....
    lin
    shump
    fields
    Melo
    Stat
    chandler
    jordan
    and Josh

Amnesty on STAT?
    give me a f-ing break!!!

U are all talking in past tense,
    at that time Melo-Amare had only a half a year together, and nobody in his right mind would have even considered that.

In this case it's not even hindsight is 20-20, it's just plain wrong and impossible.

DAntoni's fault,
    Amare's fault,
    Woody's fault,
    ...who's next?

What Amare did was dumb as f-k but come on ppl be logical.

Dolan needs to make like the US and bomb this *****saki.

Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL
    Amnesty on STAT?
    give me a f-ing break!!!

U are all talking in past tense,
    at that time Melo-Amare had only a half a year together, and nobody in his right mind would have even considered that.

In this case it's not even hindsight is 20-20, it's just plain wrong and impossible.

DAntoni's fault,
    Amare's fault,
    Woody's fault,
    ...who's next?

What Amare did was dumb as f-k but come on ppl be logical.
    Dude missed 3 playoff games last year because he tried to twist and contort on a dunk in the layup line. He's now going to miss at least one playoff game this year because he punched a fire extinguisher.

go here ---------------> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

look up the word "logic" and get back to me.

Not that we even have an amnesty to use anyway...but still....

So u think becuz Amare does some dumb **** ppl should have seen it coming 1 year ago?

I ain't disputing what Amare did was fud up, but now ppl talking amnesty cause of some article they read on ESPN or some crap,
    the problem is always deeper than that with the Knicks, as always.

Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL
    So u think becuz Amare does some dumb **** ppl should have seen it coming 1 year ago?

I ain't disputing what Amare did was fud up, but now ppl talking amnesty cause of some article they read on ESPN or some crap,
    the problem is always deeper than that with the Knicks, as always.
    I know the article you're talking about, but I didn't read it.

My opinions are based on the multitude of issues I've had with Amar'e this season, those have been well documented here on the forums over the course of the entire season. I see you just signed up today, so I assume that you didn't see those discussions from back in like January and February.

I was extremely tough on STAT early on, backed off a little as the season wore on, and now I've been pushed over the edge. You can't make yourself unavailable to your team, for two consecutive playoff campaigns, with easily avoidable injuries, injuries that take place in a basketball arena, outside the 4 quarters of a basketball game.

Once is whatever, twice is inexcusable.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by SELDOM-SEEN

That's the photoshop of the year right there.

Stoudemire is washed up and overpaid. His value is the same as Eddy Curry's, when he was a Knick.

To be honest, the Knicks don't need him in games 3 or 4. This is a blessing in disguise. He sucks. We're better off putting Steve Novak or Dan Gazuric in the lineup.

With Stoudemire, the Knicks have a 5% chance of winning game 3. Without him, the Knicks have a 50% chance of winning game 3.

Originally Posted by abcd

That's the photoshop of the year right there.

Stoudemire is washed up and overpaid. His value is the same as Eddy Curry's, when he was a Knick.

To be honest, the Knicks don't need him in games 3 or 4. This is a blessing in disguise. He sucks. We're better off putting Steve Novak or Dan Gazuric in the lineup.

With Stoudemire, the Knicks have a 5% chance of winning game 3. Without him, the Knicks have a 50% chance of winning game 3.
    U are right when u say Knicks have a better chance without STAT.
    But that's because him and Melo can't coexist offensively.
    Amare alone without Melo always plays well, and of course the same is true for Melo without Amare.

Amare cannot be traded because of the massiveness of his contract. Thats almost a given.

And you are wrong when u say he is washed up.
    He can still be a monster off of the pick and rolls designed for him.
    Unfortunately he is not good at defense and post up plays.

So the only option probably is to find a way to run pick and rolls with Melo and Amare,
    or get a point guard like Nash who can run the PnR with Amare without diminishing Melo's offense, or hope for Lin to get at that level quickly,.

I don't know about you guys but after last night's self-injurious behavior by Stat, I am all for letting him go. Dolan probably has to eat a big portion of Stat's contract but keeping him around will only impede the development of this team.

In hindsight, we probably would be better off with David Lee.