Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 183

Thread: STAT is a ****in idiot

  1. #136
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Just think.......
    we could have amnesty STAT instead of Billups.....
    Billups
    Shump
    Fields
    Melo
    Chandler...

    with Billups coming off the book we would have had enough to offer a MAX contract to Deron Williams....and have 5-6 million leftover...

    OH WELL AS IT GOES....

  2. #137
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Just think.......
    we could have amnesty STAT instead of Billups.....
    Billups
    Shump
    Fields
    Melo
    Chandler...

    with Billups coming off the book we would have had enough to offer a MAX contract to Deron Williams....and have 5-6 million leftover...

    OH WELL AS IT GOES....
    yeah but that would have been 80mil Dolan would have had to pay for a guy thats not on the team anymore, Billups was comin off the books anyway so it didn't matter

  3. #138
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default


  4. #139
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Just think.......
    we could have amnesty STAT instead of Billups.....
    Billups
    Shump
    Fields
    Melo
    Chandler...

    with Billups coming off the book we would have had enough to offer a MAX contract to Deron Williams....and have 5-6 million leftover...

    OH WELL AS IT GOES....
    you have to look at it from a business perspective. now if we kept billups is he more of an attraction then Renaissance Man to games, what about merchandise sales? for some reason, not sure if its still there, knicks fans still have soft spot for Statosphere but we barely knew Billups. the goal is to find what generates most money to help pay with Garden rennovations, if we lose who cares. its not about winning like Wu Tang Cash Rules Everything Around Me

  5. #140
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    @HarveyAraton: Amar'e didn't take his Jewish education seriously enough: we break glass in celebration not defeat.

    LMAO.

  6. #141
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by quiggle
    you have to look at it from a business perspective. now if we kept billups is he more of an attraction then Renaissance Man to games, what about merchandise sales? for some reason, not sure if its still there, knicks fans still have soft spot for Statosphere but we barely knew Billups. the goal is to find what generates most money to help pay with Garden rennovations, if we lose who cares. its not about winning like Wu Tang Cash Rules Everything Around Me
    I do not think merchandise is an issue when it comes to the Knicks.......
    I am sure nobody thought Stat would be as bad as he was this year and possibly hit a wall and heading downward,,,,,,,,,

    The fact is that the Knicks give or take are now the team we have in front of us for the next 3 seasons.........A good team but not a championship team.....
    lin
    shump
    fields
    Melo
    Stat
    chandler
    jordan
    and Josh

  7. #142
    Member KnickolasMGL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Amnesty on STAT?
    give me a f-ing break!!!

    U are all talking in past tense,
    at that time Melo-Amare had only a half a year together, and nobody in his right mind would have even considered that.

    In this case it's not even hindsight is 20-20, it's just plain wrong and impossible.

    DAntoni's fault,
    Amare's fault,
    Woody's fault,
    ...who's next?

    What Amare did was dumb as f-k but come on ppl be logical.

  8. #143
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Dolan needs to make like the US and bomb this *****saki.

  9. #144
    Member SELDOM-SEEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    0

    Default


  10. #145
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL
    Amnesty on STAT?
    give me a f-ing break!!!

    U are all talking in past tense,
    at that time Melo-Amare had only a half a year together, and nobody in his right mind would have even considered that.

    In this case it's not even hindsight is 20-20, it's just plain wrong and impossible.

    DAntoni's fault,
    Amare's fault,
    Woody's fault,
    ...who's next?

    What Amare did was dumb as f-k but come on ppl be logical.
    Dude missed 3 playoff games last year because he tried to twist and contort on a dunk in the layup line. He's now going to miss at least one playoff game this year because he punched a fire extinguisher.

    go here ---------------> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    look up the word "logic" and get back to me.

    Not that we even have an amnesty to use anyway...but still....

  11. #146
    Member KnickolasMGL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    So u think becuz Amare does some dumb **** ppl should have seen it coming 1 year ago?

    I ain't disputing what Amare did was fud up, but now ppl talking amnesty cause of some article they read on ESPN or some crap,
    the problem is always deeper than that with the Knicks, as always.

  12. #147
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL
    So u think becuz Amare does some dumb **** ppl should have seen it coming 1 year ago?

    I ain't disputing what Amare did was fud up, but now ppl talking amnesty cause of some article they read on ESPN or some crap,
    the problem is always deeper than that with the Knicks, as always.
    I know the article you're talking about, but I didn't read it.

    My opinions are based on the multitude of issues I've had with Amar'e this season, those have been well documented here on the forums over the course of the entire season. I see you just signed up today, so I assume that you didn't see those discussions from back in like January and February.

    I was extremely tough on STAT early on, backed off a little as the season wore on, and now I've been pushed over the edge. You can't make yourself unavailable to your team, for two consecutive playoff campaigns, with easily avoidable injuries, injuries that take place in a basketball arena, outside the 4 quarters of a basketball game.

    Once is whatever, twice is inexcusable.

  13. #148
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by SELDOM-SEEN


    That's the photoshop of the year right there.

    Stoudemire is washed up and overpaid. His value is the same as Eddy Curry's, when he was a Knick.

    To be honest, the Knicks don't need him in games 3 or 4. This is a blessing in disguise. He sucks. We're better off putting Steve Novak or Dan Gazuric in the lineup.

    With Stoudemire, the Knicks have a 5% chance of winning game 3. Without him, the Knicks have a 50% chance of winning game 3.

  14. #149
    Member KnickolasMGL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd


    That's the photoshop of the year right there.

    Stoudemire is washed up and overpaid. His value is the same as Eddy Curry's, when he was a Knick.

    To be honest, the Knicks don't need him in games 3 or 4. This is a blessing in disguise. He sucks. We're better off putting Steve Novak or Dan Gazuric in the lineup.

    With Stoudemire, the Knicks have a 5% chance of winning game 3. Without him, the Knicks have a 50% chance of winning game 3.
    U are right when u say Knicks have a better chance without STAT.
    But that's because him and Melo can't coexist offensively.
    Amare alone without Melo always plays well, and of course the same is true for Melo without Amare.

    Amare cannot be traded because of the massiveness of his contract. Thats almost a given.

    And you are wrong when u say he is washed up.
    He can still be a monster off of the pick and rolls designed for him.
    Unfortunately he is not good at defense and post up plays.

    So the only option probably is to find a way to run pick and rolls with Melo and Amare,
    or get a point guard like Nash who can run the PnR with Amare without diminishing Melo's offense, or hope for Lin to get at that level quickly,.

  15. #150
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    426
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I don't know about you guys but after last night's self-injurious behavior by Stat, I am all for letting him go. Dolan probably has to eat a big portion of Stat's contract but keeping him around will only impede the development of this team.

    In hindsight, we probably would be better off with David Lee.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2012, 21:02
  2. Stat off the bench
    By shizzee in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 18, 2012, 16:45
  3. find new home Douglas and Stat
    By shizzee in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2012, 01:06
  4. STAT Summary.
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct 25, 2010, 17:03
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Oct 14, 2010, 06:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •