Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is Amar'e injuring himself the reason he's gotten this explosion of hate?

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Check out the Chinese take on the situation!

They sweet and sour can't stand Melo! Of course, it's all his fault Linsanity ended. This is seriously some Funny Stuff!
    LOL Amazing.

Amare is a real dumbass. He deserves all the negative media coming his way.

i dont know anything about hand injuries but did some of you see when they showed Renaissance Man on the bench last night the way he was gripping and flexing his fingers on his left hand like theres no injury. unless there is some video or photo of his injury it was either minor as less reported or didnt happen at all. I wouldnt be suprised if he somehow persuaded upper management to stage this to prevent another injury and used Iman's as his argument if you let me continue playing in the series and I get injured like Iman you will be sorry long haul with money invested in me.

he could be faking this to make like a Willis Reed return in Game 4.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    i dont know anything about hand injuries but did some of you see when they showed Renaissance Man on the bench last night the way he was gripping and flexing his fingers on his left hand like theres no injury. unless there is some video or photo of his injury it was either minor as less reported or didnt happen at all. I wouldnt be suprised if he somehow persuaded upper management to stage this to prevent another injury and used Iman's as his argument if you let me continue playing in the series and I get injured like Iman you will be sorry long haul with money invested in me.

he could be faking this to make like a Willis Reed return in Game 4.
    This is probably true /sarcasm

I mean yes it was a different injury but when Ewing broke his wrist in 1998 and was in a cast he barely moved his hand and arm, last night they showed Renaissance Man on the bench flexing his fingers and folding his hands they didnt raise some eyebrows?

also im very angry that the media has given him a free pass with this now we dont hear anything much more about this like the way some other New York athletes have been crucified like Santony Holmes and Carl Pavano. the Mets.

Veteran

I believe the injury cut a muscle connected to his thumb, if I'm correct... you still can have some movement in the rest of the hand.

Years ago i was shot just below my left elbow. the two bones connected to the elbow was shattered. It was like I had two elbows...as I was able to bend the arm in a way that looked like I had two joints. I had A cast on for a little more than 2 weeks but I was still able to move my forearm muscles and hand the whole time.

My lesson from this experience...never play basketball at 2 in the morning while there's a dice game going on at the other end of the court.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I don't have a problem with him punching glass out of frustration and unintentionally injuring himself in the process.

It wouldn't have made a difference anyway, we'll get swept, Amar'e or no Amar'e.

He can be a weapon with the right point guard (Nash, Kidd, Paul, maybe Williams) in the right system (D'Antoni, Karl, Nelson).

Apart from that he's not that good anyway, no post game, underwhelming rebounder, very bad defender, low basketball IQ and basically no intengibles.

It was really Nash and D'Antoni's run-and-gun offense that paved his way into stardom.

He's athletic, knows how to move on the pick and roll and has an ok jump shot. That's it.

It was obviously not his fault that the Knicks in all their stupidity offered him an uninsured $100 million - 5 year contract.

Amar'es game got killed the day we traded for melo and the signing of Chandler was the final stab into his heart if you will.

There is no spacing and there are no shots for Amar'e.

I somewhat feel sorry for him on the court. I think at times he's really shown the will to get back to beeing productive this season, but with Melo and Chandler next to him and no half-decent point guard it's impossible.

The irony is, our roster before the Melo trade and before we signed Chandler wouldn't have done any worse than this flawed roster we're stuck with now.

Atleast we had a decent PG in Felton and some decent yung players like Wilson, Gallo, Mozgov and Randolph.

Oh and btw: Jordam Hill is looking fantastic for the Lakers right now, another great move by the Knicks, trading him AND a first round pick for a completely past-it McGrady......

this franchise has become a joke ever since Ernie Grunfeld and Jeff Van Gundy had to go.
    Bro honestly this team is better than the team before the Melo trade there's no question about the difference is that what the players we have there is one piece that doesn't fit entirely and that's Amar Mare doesn't fit with these new stars that we have mellow and Tyson can win in the starting lineup but I'm Anare clogs the paint on offense and he can't play defense and he can't rebound so Mare is the odd man out and he should be treated as soon as possible

Originally Posted by quiggle
    I mean yes it was a different injury but when Ewing broke his wrist in 1998 and was in a cast he barely moved his hand and arm, last night they showed Renaissance Man on the bench flexing his fingers and folding his hands they didnt raise some eyebrows?

also im very angry that the media has given him a free pass with this now we dont hear anything much more about this like the way some other New York athletes have been crucified like Santony Holmes and Carl Pavano. the Mets.
    Once the knicks get swept the rumors will start flying about amare because fans will remember him for getting hurt by self inflicting injuries in both game 2s and being a waste of money

what an attention boar, what is this suppose to do is it a badge warrior honor symbol, looking for sympathy, what happened to posting pics latest dishes?

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Him doing it though showed he cared. Him giving almost to no defensive effort early in the season was much worse.
    How bout showing you care by grabbing rebounds, blocking shots and closing out on a 3 point shooter when you see him lining it up right in front of your face..

Why is Amar'e injuring himself the reason he's gotten this explosion of hate?

Answer = He's not sitting on a 100 mill contract to ride the bench in the playoffs

I think alot of people are more upset that this is his SECOND time Injuring himself during the playoffs

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    How bout showing you care by grabbing rebounds, blocking shots and closing out on a 3 point shooter when you see him lining it up right in front of your face..
    I would like to echo this statement.

3 years 69 million left

3 years $69,000,000 left on his contract

3 YEARS 69 MILLION DOLLARS LEFT ON HIS CONTRACT

STAT realized they dont get paid during the playoffs so he takes off the post season until he gets a bonus in his contract