Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pistons

• Cavs

• Total voters

Paul1355

All Star
So I hoped on the trade Amare bandwagon after he punched a fire extinguisher and sealed his fate as a Knick in my opinion.

There ARE teams that would take Amare. People forget this dude was a legit MVP candidate for half of the first season we had him, he averaged 25 ppg. There are teams that need an allstar and Stat is that but he needs players that compliment him, unlike Melo and CHandler.

Destination one: Philadelphia
Philley has needed a star to lean on since losing Allen Iverson. They are a solid team with every kind of player you can think of, but when it comes to crunch time they don't have a player to lean on. Philley has inquired about trading for Soutdemire early this year when the rumors were flying for him to be traded. People think trading him to Philley would never happen because they are a rival in the same division. If both teams want to do the trade, knowing it would help, both teams will do it. We all hate Stat asit is, now we can hate him more for being a 76er.
Possible trade from Philley: Andre Iguadola and Lou Williams? Iggy and a Pick I have seen from posters on the site, I think its possible

Destination two: Orlando

Orlando needs some hope and with Dwight being a baby all year and then pulling out his back to miss the playoffs has fans clamoring for something new. The only thing that would keep Dwight in Orlando would be Amare going there, to his hometown. Yes, Amare is from Orlando and Flordia is nice so I could see Amare accepting that. A frontcourt of Amare and Dwight sounds beast, yet Amare and Tyson never worked, but I think Orlando would take that.
Possible trade with Orlando: Ryan Anderson and Jameer Nelson

Destination three: Charlotte Bobcats
No one needs a trade more than the Bobcats. This team stinks and they would defeinatly take Amare no matter what. They need someone they can lean on and take over a game. They have a legit PG for the future in Kemba Walker and the draft picks to build. Putting Amare on the Bobcats would make them a decent team.
Possible trade with Bobcats: D.J Augustin, Gerald Henderson, Biyombo OR two of those guys plus a draft pick

Destination four: Portland Trailblazers
Portland should have been a playoff team this year, instead they failed. With a team of Felton, Wallace, Matthews, Aldridge, and Camby and a bench with Batum and others they could not win and Nate Mcmillian was fired. Portland could use a spark, and a big trade would do that. However, Portland has had their share of injury woes with Oden and Roy but they might take a chance on parring Amare with Aldridge at Center.
Possible trade with Portland: Batum, Matthews, Felton, and a pick

Desintation five: Sacramento Kings
The Kings stink and they know it. Jimmer Fredette averaged only under 8 ppg and he needs time to develop. Jimmer needs to be on a team with other players and if he is open he WILL knock down shots, unlike guards we have like Fields, erratic Jr Smith, Douglas, etc. Kings need a big time player like Amare. They can keep Tyreke Evans and Cousins which gives them a decent team.
Possible trade with Kings: Jimmer and Marcus Thorton, 2nd round pick

Destination six: Houston Rockets
The Rockets suffered a collapse which led them to missing out on the 2012 playoffs. The Rockets have somenice pieces to trade for, especially Kyle Lowry or Goran Dragic who are two legit point guards that can run an offense.
I know Dragic will be a free agent but doing a sign and trade would work here for Amare, or we can just get Lowry. I assume the Rockets would like us to take Luis Scolas contract which is heavy but Scola is a smart player and shot 50% this year. He is not a solid rebounder but he can score and is not a star who wil punch a fire extinguisher. Having dragic or Lowry with Lin would be a dominate back court. We would never have to suffer from lack of PG play.
Possible trade with Houston: sign and trade for Gragic or just trade for Lowry, include Scola

Destination seven: New Orleans Hornets
What a terrible season for New Orleans, they need a trade, NOW. the new owner would most likely accept a big time trade for ticket sales alone. The Hornets need a reason to keep Eric Gordon in New Orleans. Amare with Gordon is a nice duo. Hornets dont have great players but good enough players for a trade.
Possible trade with Hornets: Jarret Jack or Greivis Vasquez, Trevor Ariza, Alfaroq aminu, draft pick

Destination eight: Detroit Pistons
Pistons are bulding for the future but Lawrence Frank could use some help. We can make a trade with them with them still keeping Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight to build around Amare. Check out this trade.
Possible trade with Detroit: Jason Maxiell, Jonas Jerebko, Austin Daye, and a pick for a PG....or we can get Ben Gordon who can light it up and replace JR Smith off the bench so we dont need FIelds anymore.

destination nine: The Cavs
Cleaveland almost landed Amare when Lebron James was on the team. The Cavs were trying to find complimentary peices the name Amare Stoudemire was rumored. Instead the Cavs went with Antwan Jamison and that didnt win a ring. The Cavs need a legit all star to pair with the great rookie Kyrie Irving. Amare andIrving would be deadly. Lets make a trade.
Possible trade with Cavs: Tristan Thompson, Anthony Parker, and Daniel Gibson or a pick

destination ten: Bucks or Raptors
Both teams need a legit star and both teams have players we can use
If we trade with Bucks we can do a sign and trade for Illysova who had a great year and will space the floor for Melo as a PF.
Possible trade with Bucks: Ersan Illyasova, Mike Dunleavy, Delfino or a pick
Possible trade with Raptors: Calderon or Bayless, Demar Derozen, Amir Johnson....or we can take a big chance on getting Andrea Bargnani who would space the floor for us but he gets hurt more than Amare

OK so there are ten teams that can give us decent trades, some better than others. I was thinking about players that would make us have a better bench, fill some needs since guys are leaving, and compliment the other players.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He's uninsured and has a history of injuries all bundled up with a career low year all round and one of the league's more expensive salaries.

Did I mention he's uninsured?

Paul1355

All Star
Crazy⑧s;232552 said:
He's uninsured and has a history of injuries all bundled up with a career low year all round and one of the league's more expensive salaries.

Did I mention he's uninsured?

you own an NBA team, you suck, you have the money to sign anyone yet no one wants to come to your team.

You have decent players the Knicks would take for Stat.

You would rather suffer year after year of sucking with all these bum players and having all this cap room? Or use the cap room, get an allstar that doesnt belong on the KNicks, and put players around him that compliment him?

Amare can get traded.

You know how good Stat was his first year as a Knick when he had players around him that looked at him as the leader and main scorer and he scored 25 ppg. Put him with a decent PG, outside shooters and he can be dominate. He just doesn't fit on this team.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If anything has become apparent in this league, it's that rebuilding cleverly and through the draft has success as a result.

If there is even a remnant of a chance that SHAT gets traded it's low, and will no doubt be for contracts somewhat similar to his own: shitty.

And having a look at some of the potential teams you've added and the reasoning, you should really go to hoopsworld and check team salaries to get a better idea of the likelihood behind your proposals - especially Charlotte, as one example.

Paul1355

All Star
Crazy⑧s;232558 said:
If anything has become apparent in this league, it's that rebuilding cleverly and through the draft has success as a result.

If there is even a remnant of a chance that SHAT gets traded it's low, and will no doubt be for contracts somewhat similar to his own: shitty.

And having a look at some of the potential teams you've added and the reasoning, you should really go to hoopsworld and check team salaries to get a better idea of the likelihood behind your proposals - especially Charlotte, as one example.

I didnt have time for that but I know CHarlotte has cap room, lots of it, so we can take a contract or whatever they need to dump.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
can we all agree though, IF a deal presented itself...would you pull the trig immediately?

depends on the deal?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I didnt have time for that but I know CHarlotte has cap room, lots of it, so we can take a contract or whatever they need to dump.

It would only be Tyrus Thomas and fillers. And the discrepancy in salaries would have us trading multiple people in addition to Stoudemire and taking back half the Bobcat's roster. Hardly even worth the thought.

That's in Charlotte's case, however. Has to be said that if there's an owner you'd wanna entice in to a stupid move, you'd go straight to Michael Jordan.:lol:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
As a Hornets fan who has heard about some of the things about the front office, Monty Williams, etc., there is no way they trade for Amar'e. They also are not desperate. There's a reason why Monty Williams is eleven in voting for coach of the year. Their record doesn't represent how well the team played. Gordon was out most of the season, Okafor was out most/a lot of the season, Landry was injured a lot, Kaman was injured several games, Jarrett Jack was out a few, and they usually kept close in games if they didn't win and fought hard. They also have two first round picks this year. Monty Williams would not take Amar'e's lack of effort and whatever else. The Hornets' future is bright.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
You can trade the guy. Only three years left. Some small-market team might take a chance on him.

I'm looking at Minny. Minny should be on that list. He makes perfect sense for that team. They're all youth. You put in Amar'e and he'll dunk shit all day, get the feed from Ricky R-r-r-r-r-rubio, you got K-Love who will drain jumpers and rebound like an animal (offsetting Amar'e's wack rebounding).

It's a perfect fit in Minny. They should be on the list.

We take Pekovic, Bease, and anything else as filler.

Wargames

Starter
the only ones worth doing is philly, portland, NO, and houston. Considering his injurie past I say Portland is out they are literally just getting out of the hole of injured players now. Houston i am 50/50 and Philly i give 75% just cause they have tried to trade for Stat multiple times during his career and tried to snooker him away during the losing streak. NO might do it too because they need anything they can get and have to fulfill a minimum pay scale anyway also he and eric Gordon could work.

The idea no one would take him completely ignores the fact that

1) their is a mandatory minimum salary that teams have to meet anyway

2) Some teams just need a marquee name to help sell tickets

3) Amare still has game its in decline but he isn't Elton Brand either

4) I don't think the knicks want to trade him anyway but if they did its not a situation where he has to go right now blah blah blah media hype.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
How about Kaman? Doesn't he want to be traded? Or maybe a trade with the Jazz for Millsapand/or Favors

Dream Scenario: STAT for Z-bo and Grocery List. Damn that would be a steal.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
How about Kaman? Doesn't he want to be traded? Or maybe a trade with the Jazz for Millsapand/or Favors

Dream Scenario: STAT for Z-bo and Grocery List. Damn that would be a steal.

LMAO at Zbo.

If Zbo comes here, I mean, what would you say?

We could have just kept the guy like 5 years ago. LOL.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7qe3hw3

Sixers get:
Amare Stoudemire

Knicks get:
Andre Iguodala
N. Vucevic

Why Sixers do this trade:
They enquired about Amare earlier in the season and are dying to get a star back in Philly. It is well known management knows Iggy isn't the answer there and Iggy has been in many trade rumours before. Plus Lou Williams is expected to bounce at the end of the season (public comments by Iggy, and will probably recieve a bigger contract in Brooklyn, etc). Subesquently they will need more offensive firepower and Spencer Hawes contract expires at the end of the year. Elton Brand only has 1 more year on his bloated contract and before you go on with the "Stats contract is uninsured no one will want it bullshit", him on the team will sell more tickets, jerseys etc and pay off his salary in revenue in the first season or two.

Why Knicks do this trade:
Obviously getting rid of STAT's contract is a massive plus but we get a brilliant perimeter defender in Iggy. Combined with Shump we would have the best perimeter defense in the league and become an elite overall defensive team. I suggest moving Melo to the 4 spot as he is proven to thrive there and it creates a mismatch in our favour. Also giving us a very athletic team. This team as constructed is a better version of the April team we had with Melo at the 4 and STAT and Lin out, except Lin's back and we replace Fields with Iggy.

Giving us a lineup of:

Jeremy Lin
Iman Shumpert
Andre Iguodala
Carmelo Anthony
Tyson Chandler

Giving them a lineup of:

Holiday
Turner
Young
Brand
Stoudemire

The combination of the best perimeter defenders in the game will give us a serious 1-2 punch against the likes of Wade, Westbrook, Rose and CP3. Carmelo and Lin are very capable scorers still giving us enough firepower in games and Iggy would be a great 2nd/3rd option. With Tyson becoming the primary beneficiary of the pick and roll and no worrying about getting STAT his touches I would think it would be reasonable to see him averaging 13-15ppg.

** Bonus incentives for this trade.
1. Vucevic may prove to be a decent and legitimate backup behind Chandler, and a young center like him will be very tradeable should we not require his services.

2. Iggy is an underrated playmaker and ball handler, this gives us 4, yes four players in the starting lineup capable of facilitating the offense and creating their own shot.

3. Better salary space allows us to retain Novak, Fields etc.

Thoughts? Feel free to shoot me down, all I ask is that you give me decent feedback and reveal why.

Last edited:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I know.. but Zbo would be atleast willing to crash the boards and play decent defense. His post up game would fit in with Chandler as well.

Absolutely, I would love ZBo. Loved the guy back then, too.

But we dealt him to clear cap so that we can sign Amar'e and trade for Melo.

It would be beyond ridiculous if he came back. But this franchise is a joke already so it wouldn't really shock me.

Paul1355

All Star
You can trade the guy. Only three years left. Some small-market team might take a chance on him.

I'm looking at Minny. Minny should be on that list. He makes perfect sense for that team. They're all youth. You put in Amar'e and he'll dunk shit all day, get the feed from Ricky R-r-r-r-r-rubio, you got K-Love who will drain jumpers and rebound like an animal (offsetting Amar'e's wack rebounding).

It's a perfect fit in Minny. They should be on the list.

We take Pekovic, Bease, and anything else as filler.

i excluded Minny because if Rubio was healthy they are a playoff team....I like what they have with Love at PF and a combo of Darko and Pekovic at Center so I don't think they would even think about this move, unless u think about Love spreading the floor for Amare to get open looks on pick and rolls.

Paul1355

All Star
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7qe3hw3

Sixers get:
Amare Stoudemire

Knicks get:
Andre Iguodala
N. Vucevic

Why Sixers do this trade:
They enquired about Amare earlier in the season and are dying to get a star back in Philly. It is well known management knows Iggy isn't the answer there and Iggy has been in many trade rumours before. Plus Lou Williams is expected to bounce at the end of the season (public comments by Iggy, and will probably recieve a bigger contract in Brooklyn, etc). Subesquently they will need more offensive firepower and Spencer Hawes contract expires at the end of the year. Elton Brand only has 1 more year on his bloated contract and before you go on with the "Stats contract is uninsured no one will want it bullshit", him on the team will sell more tickets, jerseys etc and pay off his salary in revenue in the first season or two.

Why Knicks do this trade:
Obviously getting rid of STAT's contract is a massive plus but we get a brilliant perimeter defender in Iggy. Combined with Shump we would have the best perimeter defense in the league and become an elite overall defensive team. I suggest moving Melo to the 4 spot as he is proven to thrive there and it creates a mismatch in our favour. Also giving us a very athletic team. This team as constructed is a better version of the April team we had with Melo at the 4 and STAT and Lin out, except Lin's back and we replace Fields with Iggy.

Giving us a lineup of:

Jeremy Lin
Iman Shumpert
Andre Iguodala
Carmelo Anthony
Tyson Chandler

Giving them a lineup of:

Holiday
Turner
Young
Brand
Stoudemire

The combination of the best perimeter defenders in the game will give us a serious 1-2 punch against the likes of Wade, Westbrook, Rose and CP3. Carmelo and Lin are very capable scorers still giving us enough firepower in games and Iggy would be a great 2nd/3rd option. With Tyson becoming the primary beneficiary of the pick and roll and no worrying about getting STAT his touches I would think it would be reasonable to see him averaging 13-15ppg.

** Bonus incentives for this trade.
1. Vucevic may prove to be a decent and legitimate backup behind Chandler, and a young center like him will be very tradeable should we not require his services.

2. Iggy is an underrated playmaker and ball handler, this gives us 4, yes four players in the starting lineup capable of facilitating the offense and creating their own shot.

3. Better salary space allows us to retain Novak, Fields etc.

Thoughts? Feel free to shoot me down, all I ask is that you give me decent feedback and reveal why.
I like that move, I would just try to add a pick or some PG but if Lou Williams contracts expires then we cant get him and they are not trading Jrue Holiday....I would take Iggy and Vucevic. But I am thinking about saving as much money as possible, maybe just Iggy and a draft pick

Last edited: