Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pistons

• Cavs

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I find it insane that Amar'e Stoudemire is going to get paid over $400,000 dollars for punching a glass case to a fire extinguisher. He doesn't deserve to get paid for games 3 or 4. His trade value is zero. I don't think anyone wants him. If the Knicks can trade him for Elton Brand or Drew Gooden, I'd go for it.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I like that move, I would just try to add a pick or some PG but if Lou Williams contracts expires then we cant get him and they are not trading Jrue Holiday....I would take Iggy and Vucevic. But I am thinking about saving as much money as possible, maybe just Iggy and a draft pick

Yeah maybe add a 2nd rounder for us but I wouldn't ask for too much. Melo is a great rebounder and could easily hold his own at PF. Only thing we would need to do is get some size in Mobb Deep, although Vucevic and Jeffries would do it. I legitimately think Philly would do that.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
I would trade Amare for anything if a team would take him.

Heck I would trade him for a sandwich!

No team in their right mind would take him.

(Two teams missing from your list who would want him if he was healthy and cheaper - Suns and Denver)

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
I think the only team that would take him would be the bobcats..
He would be brought in instead of Diaw whom they traded..

skisloper

Starter
You guys are F;in crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

He is owed 60 million dollars which ZERO of it insured.......
It was not insured due to the problems with his knees....well guess what now Amare has major issues with his back 2 seasons in a row...

why would any team roll the dice for 60 million dollars ???????

metrocard

Legend
Igoudala is like a top 20 player and a top 3-5 SF...and one of the ball all around players in the game...We'll have to give up Shumpert if we want Iggy, who's much better than STAT right now.

We're better off trading with the Bobcats who need scoring desperately

Wargames

Starter
The sixers have tried to trade for Amare before and would likely do it now. They still have their amnesty and would likely use it on brand or keep brand for next season and have the amnesty in the wings for Amare for the 2 seasons after Brand comes off the books.

They admitted that they tried to trade for Amare during the last losing streak and he would fit into what they're trying to do on offense. They also want a lead scorer. I don't know how the salaries match but IF and I mean IF the Knicks made the Amare trade it would likely be with the Sixers.

Iggy on the flip would work well with Woodson due to his defense and I don't know who else could be in the trade due to salary matching.

Also on the flip and irresponsible as Amare is for injuring himself the Knicks need to think long and hard before they pull that trigger. ZBO was kicked out of town and we all know in hindsight that was a bad move. The Knicks would need to be pretty confidant that moving Amare wouldn't be looked back as being foolish either.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Why would Philly trade Iggy? Dude's one of the best defenders in the league... but if did, I'd welcome him with open arms.

Wargames

Starter
Why would Philly trade Iggy? Dude's one of the best defenders in the league... but if did, I'd welcome him with open arms.

Because he is not a reliable shooter and they have Evans behind him. Also once again Philly was trying to trade for Amare in the middle of the losing streak when he looked like garbage (as did the rest of the team at the time). Its hard not to think they wooild still go for him now that he's had a few 20/10 games and his overall stats went up.

Keep in mind if the beat the bulls they inherit there playoff schedule and then face the winners of magic/pacers if they move to the ECF I could see them sitting by and not making any moves even though they would be there by a fluke. However if they don't make noise then they have no reason to not trade for Amare. They can simply amnesty brand (who normally is a lot worse than Amare and earns 17 mil a year) and upgrade their PF position with a dominant scorer.

Kiyaman

Legend
Which of the 10 teams could give us a double-double low post scorer?

Aquiring Melo & Tyson the Knicks needed Stat to become a low-post scorer, that was not goin to happen under clueless Dantoni, or in a compressed 66 game season with few practices, and no low post coach on our staff.
Especially when Stat was getting more comfortable at not playing this season do to an undecisive lock-out lasting to the month of December.

Throughout the 2011-12 season none of our coaches worked on low-post scoring....Lin-Sanity had to show our coaches how dangerous our offense could be with low postup scoring.

Crazy⑧s;232550 said:
Not one of the teams mentioned - or any unmentioned - would trade for him.

Not a one.

If Gilbert 'I bring guns to work' Arenas could get traded, Amar'e can get too.

Anyway, the most likely scenario is one you didn't even mention: Washington.

Amar'e for Nene straight up.

Both on multi-year contracts, they need a run-and-gun partner for Wall who's athletic enough. They don't care about defense anyway. Amar'e fits the bill.

We get a physical forward/center in Nene with a good low post game, something that we desperately need. Melo and Nene know each other from Denver and have played very well alongside each other.

Good trade for both parties.

tiger0330

Legend
The time to trade him would have been last off-season. No GM in his right mind looking to improve his team is going to want him with the kind of season he's had.

Now you might get someone to bite if it's a similar deal like the Rashard Lewis/Arenas deal last year but that was a deal to move two boat anchors and not to improve your club.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Amaare'

I agree with Crazy8s and the other posters who believe that Amare' is untradeable. I believe that his next three years of uninsured contract salary is actually over $68M. No team will take that on without dumping close to an equivalent contract amount. We overpaid Amare' in hopes that he would assist in luring LeBron. I believe that Miami was always Le Bron's intended destination. He played us all. If he had indicated his intention to sign with Miami, perhaps we would not have signed Amare'.

It is too bad that the new CBA does not permit the moving of players with a sharing of cap responsibilities. For example, trade Amare' but keep responsibility for half of his ongoing salary. The team getting him would be responsible for the other half. We would be burdened with half the salary cap liability and the new team the other half.

I agree with Crazy8s and the other posters who believe that Amare' is untradeable. I believe that his next three years of uninsured contract salary is actually over $68M. No team will take that on without dumping close to an equivalent contract amount. We overpaid Amare' in hopes that he would assist in luring LeBron. I believe that Miami was always Le Bron's intended destination. He played us all. If he had indicated his intention to sign with Miami, perhaps we would not have signed Amare'.

It is too bad that the new CBA does not permit the moving of players with a sharing of cap responsibilities. For example, trade Amare' but keep responsibility for half of his ongoing salary. The team getting him would be responsible for the other half. We would be burdened with half the salary cap liability and the new team the other half.

Well we ****ed up twice in 12 months. First we offered him that horrible contract and then we used the amnesty on Billup's expiring contract.

Typical Knicks

Wargames

Starter
Amare is not a R. Lewis or Arenas bad. He just doesn't fit the knicks system and tyson chandler makes it hard for hin to operate offensively.

He was never good on defense but there are more than a few teams that would take him as is and build around that. To many posters are tailspinning in despair to look at this dispassionately, to see the what the real debate should be. It's not if the Knicks can trade Amare is if they will trade Amare.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Honestly id

1st- trade Stat for a draft pick to move up higher in this years draft

2nd -sign Deron Williams through Free Agency (he's leaving anyway)

3rd- Resign Lin ( have Lin come off the bench, that way we have a very strong 1st and 2nd unit)

4th- give JR the MLE, Resign Novak for 1 mill and jefferies for 1 mill

5th - use whatever money is left over to build a stronger bench, maybe try and go after Camby depending on the cap situation.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Honestly id

1st- trade Stat for a draft pick to move up higher in this years draft

2nd -sign Deron Williams through Free Agency (he's leaving anyway)

3rd- Resign Lin ( have Lin come off the bench, that way we have a very strong 1st and 2nd unit)

4th- give JR the MLE, Resign Novak for 1 mill and jefferies for 1 mill

5th - use whatever money is left over to build a stronger bench, maybe try and go after Camby depending on the cap situation.

Who's going to pay $68M and only forego a draft pick? That would be a dream scenerio for the Knicks. We'd open up a ton of cap space, get a promising young player on a rookie salary and have money to spend on retaining JR, Novak... Its good but a little bit too good.

tiger0330

Legend
Amare is not a R. Lewis or Arenas bad. He just doesn't fit the knicks system and tyson chandler makes it hard for hin to operate offensively.

He was never good on defense but there are more than a few teams that would take him as is and build around that. To many posters are tailspinning in despair to look at this dispassionately, to see the what the real debate should be. It's not if the Knicks can trade Amare is if they will trade Amare.
Have to disagree with you there. You're right about the Knicks system and Stat might be better off on a team that can better use his PnR skills and that's why they will try to trade him, other reasons being his injury issues and that bonehead stunt putting his hand through a glass window.

Unfortunately the Knicks won't find any takers, too many years left on his contract, he makes too much money, he doesn't play defense and he's got injury issues. The list of reasons why you don't want him on your team is why we won't be able to trade him.