Thread: Where to trade Amare? 10 teams that we can trade with

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Sixers get:
    Amare Stoudemire

Knicks get:
    Andre Iguodala
    N. Vucevic

Why Sixers do this trade:
    They enquired about Amare earlier in the season and are dying to get a star back in Philly. It is well known management knows Iggy isn't the answer there and Iggy has been in many trade rumours before. Plus Lou Williams is expected to bounce at the end of the season (public comments by Iggy, and will probably recieve a bigger contract in Brooklyn, etc). Subesquently they will need more offensive firepower and Spencer Hawes contract expires at the end of the year. Elton Brand only has 1 more year on his bloated contract and before you go on with the "Stats contract is uninsured no one will want it bull****", him on the team will sell more tickets, jerseys etc and pay off his salary in revenue in the first season or two.

Why Knicks do this trade:
    Obviously getting rid of STAT's contract is a massive plus but we get a brilliant perimeter defender in Iggy. Combined with Shump we would have the best perimeter defense in the league and become an elite overall defensive team. I suggest moving Melo to the 4 spot as he is proven to thrive there and it creates a mismatch in our favour. Also giving us a very athletic team. This team as constructed is a better version of the April team we had with Melo at the 4 and STAT and Lin out, except Lin's back and we replace Fields with Iggy.

Giving us a lineup of:

Jeremy Lin
    Iman Shumpert
    Andre Iguodala
    Carmelo Anthony
    Tyson Chandler

Giving them a lineup of:

Holiday
    Turner
    Young
    Brand
    Stoudemire

The combination of the best perimeter defenders in the game will give us a serious 1-2 punch against the likes of Wade, Westbrook, Rose and CP3. Carmelo and Lin are very capable scorers still giving us enough firepower in games and Iggy would be a great 2nd/3rd option. With Tyson becoming the primary beneficiary of the pick and roll and no worrying about getting STAT his touches I would think it would be reasonable to see him averaging 13-15ppg.

** Bonus incentives for this trade.
    1. Vucevic may prove to be a decent and legitimate backup behind Chandler, and a young center like him will be very tradeable should we not require his services.

2. Iggy is an underrated playmaker and ball handler, this gives us 4, yes four players in the starting lineup capable of facilitating the offense and creating their own shot.

3. Better salary space allows us to retain Novak, Fields etc.

Thoughts? Feel free to shoot me down, all I ask is that you give me decent feedback and reveal why.
    Last edited by 21 Shump Street; May 01, 2012 at 22:21.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    LMAO at Zbo.

If Zbo comes here, I mean, what would you say?

We could have just kept the guy like 5 years ago. LOL.
    I know.. but Zbo would be atleast willing to crash the boards and play decent defense. His post up game would fit in with Chandler as well.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    I know.. but Zbo would be atleast willing to crash the boards and play decent defense. His post up game would fit in with Chandler as well.
    Absolutely, I would love ZBo. Loved the guy back then, too.

But we dealt him to clear cap so that we can sign Amar'e and trade for Melo.

It would be beyond ridiculous if he came back. But this franchise is a joke already so it wouldn't really shock me.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    You can trade the guy. Only three years left. Some small-market team might take a chance on him.

I'm looking at Minny. Minny should be on that list. He makes perfect sense for that team. They're all youth. You put in Amar'e and he'll dunk **** all day, get the feed from Ricky R-r-r-r-r-rubio, you got K-Love who will drain jumpers and rebound like an animal (offsetting Amar'e's wack rebounding).

It's a perfect fit in Minny. They should be on the list.

We take Pekovic, Bease, and anything else as filler.
    i excluded Minny because if Rubio was healthy they are a playoff team....I like what they have with Love at PF and a combo of Darko and Pekovic at Center so I don't think they would even think about this move, unless u think about Love spreading the floor for Amare to get open looks on pick and rolls.

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Sixers get:
    Amare Stoudemire

Knicks get:
    Andre Iguodala
    N. Vucevic

Why Sixers do this trade:
    They enquired about Amare earlier in the season and are dying to get a star back in Philly. It is well known management knows Iggy isn't the answer there and Iggy has been in many trade rumours before. Plus Lou Williams is expected to bounce at the end of the season (public comments by Iggy, and will probably recieve a bigger contract in Brooklyn, etc). Subesquently they will need more offensive firepower and Spencer Hawes contract expires at the end of the year. Elton Brand only has 1 more year on his bloated contract and before you go on with the "Stats contract is uninsured no one will want it bull****", him on the team will sell more tickets, jerseys etc and pay off his salary in revenue in the first season or two.

Why Knicks do this trade:
    Obviously getting rid of STAT's contract is a massive plus but we get a brilliant perimeter defender in Iggy. Combined with Shump we would have the best perimeter defense in the league and become an elite overall defensive team. I suggest moving Melo to the 4 spot as he is proven to thrive there and it creates a mismatch in our favour. Also giving us a very athletic team. This team as constructed is a better version of the April team we had with Melo at the 4 and STAT and Lin out, except Lin's back and we replace Fields with Iggy.

Giving us a lineup of:

Jeremy Lin
    Iman Shumpert
    Andre Iguodala
    Carmelo Anthony
    Tyson Chandler

Giving them a lineup of:

Holiday
    Turner
    Young
    Brand
    Stoudemire

The combination of the best perimeter defenders in the game will give us a serious 1-2 punch against the likes of Wade, Westbrook, Rose and CP3. Carmelo and Lin are very capable scorers still giving us enough firepower in games and Iggy would be a great 2nd/3rd option. With Tyson becoming the primary beneficiary of the pick and roll and no worrying about getting STAT his touches I would think it would be reasonable to see him averaging 13-15ppg.

** Bonus incentives for this trade.
    1. Vucevic may prove to be a decent and legitimate backup behind Chandler, and a young center like him will be very tradeable should we not require his services.

2. Iggy is an underrated playmaker and ball handler, this gives us 4, yes four players in the starting lineup capable of facilitating the offense and creating their own shot.

3. Better salary space allows us to retain Novak, Fields etc.

Thoughts? Feel free to shoot me down, all I ask is that you give me decent feedback and reveal why.
    I like that move, I would just try to add a pick or some PG but if Lou Williams contracts expires then we cant get him and they are not trading Jrue Holiday....I would take Iggy and Vucevic. But I am thinking about saving as much money as possible, maybe just Iggy and a draft pick
    Last edited by Paul1355; May 02, 2012 at 00:29.

KnicksonLIN.com

I find it insane that Amar'e Stoudemire is going to get paid over $400,000 dollars for punching a glass case to a fire extinguisher. He doesn't deserve to get paid for games 3 or 4. His trade value is zero. I don't think anyone wants him. If the Knicks can trade him for Elton Brand or Drew Gooden, I'd go for it.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I like that move, I would just try to add a pick or some PG but if Lou Williams contracts expires then we cant get him and they are not trading Jrue Holiday....I would take Iggy and Vucevic. But I am thinking about saving as much money as possible, maybe just Iggy and a draft pick
    Yeah maybe add a 2nd rounder for us but I wouldn't ask for too much. Melo is a great rebounder and could easily hold his own at PF. Only thing we would need to do is get some size in Mobb Deep, although Vucevic and Jeffries would do it. I legitimately think Philly would do that.

I would trade Amare for anything if a team would take him.

Heck I would trade him for a sandwich!

No team in their right mind would take him.

(Two teams missing from your list who would want him if he was healthy and cheaper - Suns and Denver)

I think the only team that would take him would be the bobcats..
    He would be brought in instead of Diaw whom they traded..

Veteran

You guys are F;in crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

He is owed 60 million dollars which ZERO of it insured.......
    It was not insured due to the problems with his knees....well guess what now Amare has major issues with his back 2 seasons in a row...

why would any team roll the dice for 60 million dollars ???????

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Igoudala is like a top 20 player and a top 3-5 SF...and one of the ball all around players in the game...We'll have to give up Shumpert if we want Iggy, who's much better than STAT right now.

We're better off trading with the Bobcats who need scoring desperately

Breaking News

The sixers have tried to trade for Amare before and would likely do it now. They still have their amnesty and would likely use it on brand or keep brand for next season and have the amnesty in the wings for Amare for the 2 seasons after Brand comes off the books.

They admitted that they tried to trade for Amare during the last losing streak and he would fit into what they're trying to do on offense. They also want a lead scorer. I don't know how the salaries match but IF and I mean IF the Knicks made the Amare trade it would likely be with the Sixers.

Iggy on the flip would work well with Woodson due to his defense and I don't know who else could be in the trade due to salary matching.

Also on the flip and irresponsible as Amare is for injuring himself the Knicks need to think long and hard before they pull that trigger. ZBO was kicked out of town and we all know in hindsight that was a bad move. The Knicks would need to be pretty confidant that moving Amare wouldn't be looked back as being foolish either.

Why would Philly trade Iggy? Dude's one of the best defenders in the league... but if did, I'd welcome him with open arms.

come one guys,

he is simply un-tradeable until his final year of contract

Cool

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Why would Philly trade Iggy? Dude's one of the best defenders in the league... but if did, I'd welcome him with open arms.
    Because he is not a reliable shooter and they have Evans behind him. Also once again Philly was trying to trade for Amare in the middle of the losing streak when he looked like garbage (as did the rest of the team at the time). Its hard not to think they wooild still go for him now that he's had a few 20/10 games and his overall stats went up.

Keep in mind if the beat the bulls they inherit there playoff schedule and then face the winners of magic/pacers if they move to the ECF I could see them sitting by and not making any moves even though they would be there by a fluke. However if they don't make noise then they have no reason to not trade for Amare. They can simply amnesty brand (who normally is a lot worse than Amare and earns 17 mil a year) and upgrade their PF position with a dominant scorer.