Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pistons

• Cavs

• Total voters

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Who's going to pay $68M and only forego a draft pick? That would be a dream scenerio for the Knicks. We'd open up a ton of cap space, get a promising young player on a rookie salary and have money to spend on retaining JR, Novak... Its good but a little bit too good.
good point, lol i mean it doesn't have to be a lottery pick type pick i don't believe we own a first round pick just something to at least get us in the 1st round at least. maybe we could send amare to houston for our pick back, im sure they'll be thrilled about stat lol (Lowry and stat) history in the making :smokin:

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
good point, lol i mean it doesn't have to be a lottery pick type pick i don't believe we own a first round pick just something to at least get us in the 1st round at least. maybe we could send amare to houston for our pick back, im sure they'll be thrilled about stat lol (Lowry and stat) history in the making :smokin:

Even if Houston is thrilled, they can't do it unless the salaries match up.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Even if Houston is thrilled, they can't do it unless the salaries match up.
ahhh, i forgot about that loll. oh well in reality we are probably stuck with stoudemire another what 3 years, these trade Amare threads that are beginning to erupt are kind of pointless. I don't think even the bobcats would be dumb enough to trade for stat.

Last edited:

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
Before the glass punching incident... sure, maybe. After? Who'd want to risk taking on a player who, for the second time, ruined the playoffs for his team.

Why isn't this clown arrested yet for destroying private property?

Wargames

Starter
Have to disagree with you there. You're right about the Knicks system and Stat might be better off on a team that can better use his PnR skills and that's why they will try to trade him, other reasons being his injury issues and that bonehead stunt putting his hand through a glass window.

Unfortunately the Knicks won't find any takers, too many years left on his contract, he makes too much money, he doesn't play defense and he's got injury issues. The list of reasons why you don't want him on your team is why we won't be able to trade him.

His list of injuries are long but he can still be a marquee player. Also once again I have to bring up the fact that between the minimum salary requirements, teams having the amnesty to clear room, and the fact that Amare is still a 16/8 guy on a team That has redesigned themselves not to use his efficently there will be takers.

Now while we're at it let me explain why capwise it makes sense for a team like Philly to trade Iggy for Amare. If they traded Amare for Iggy they would then move Evan Turner to the 2 and amnesty Brand. Now while they would have to pay brand 20 million off the books. They would then subtract Iggy's 13 for the
next 3 seasons while locking Down Amare a better PF/C who fits their system at the 4 for 3 years. That means Amare is only costing them on the books 14 million more than what they are paying now over 2 seasons plus they will have room to add another good player with Iggy off the books.

Overall Off the books its 31 million including brands amnesty but they were going to have to pay that extra 17 million anyway.

Also this would allow their cheaper player in Evan Turner to play the 2. In the end they are saving money next year capwise with that deal to make other moves to improve their roster after already improving their 4. That is only one deal I can think of off the top of my head and there are whole staffs being paid to think up scenarios just like that. So trust me the Knicks can move Amare. The question is will they and honestly should they? As for the Knicks Iggy, shump, and Tyson would be very nice defensively while the saving from amare should be enough to entice Novak at least to stay (JR is gone unless he really want to stay and get paid next year).

Let's not forget the lesson of Z-Bo, moving people without a game plan is pointless. The Knicks need to make moves to fit their new defensive minded head coach and to compete with the Heat, Bulls, etc etc.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Why would Philly trade Iggy? Dude's one of the best defenders in the league... but if did, I'd welcome him with open arms.

Iggy is a great player but he is relied on too much on offense in Philadelphia. The leading scorer on Philley was Lou Williams, their back up PG!
Philley desperatly needs a go to scorer and Amare would fit right in with a tough athletic team that would look at Amare as the man just like the Knicks did when he first came here.

I really think Amare would be great in Philley.

I have a Philley fan that can't stand Iggy, because he is inconsitent on offense and when the team has no go to scorer, they go to Iggy who is not a go to player.

Iggy does everything but shoot well, but when he does start shooting well he can take over a game. With Lin and Melo we don't need Iggy to play amazing on the offensive end.

We have a faster team, a better defensive team, a better rebounding team, a better passing team, a more versatile team that can guard the likes of Dwayne Wade and Lebron.

Imagine a lineup of

Lin
Shumpert
Iguodola
Melo
Chandler

That is hardcore defense on any team that can create turnovers and turn it into fast break alley oop dunks just like Miami does. If you wathched game 2 with Philley smacking the Bulls, you will see a couple of highlight dunks by Iggy, the dude can throw it down.

The other big thing is that trading for Iggy would give us more cap room. Iggy is A LOT of money, about 13 mil a year for 3 more years, but that is 5 mil less than Amare and you get more from both ends of the floor with Iggy.

It is a good move for both sides.

Wargames

Starter
^^^^ between me and paul1355 you have the whole break down of why the Knicks and Philly would work. That's just one team there are other deals out there too. It all comes down to if the Knicks want to trade Stat and if they should.

tiger0330

Legend
Let's not forget the lesson of Z-Bo, moving people without a game plan is pointless. The Knicks need to make moves to fit their new defensive minded head coach and to compete with the Heat, Bulls, etc etc.
Why would the Knicks not trade Stat if he doesn't fit their system? Now lets see if they can find takers for a player coming off a mediocre year making 60M for the next 3 years.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
I Think Houston could be a possibility, i know that Kevin Mchale has been beating up owners and management about geting some more size on that front line which is tiny except Dalambert.

but who knows

Wargames

Starter
Why would the Knicks not trade Stat if he doesn't fit their system? Now lets see if they can find takers for a player coming off a mediocre year making 60M for the next 3 years.

Pride....Hubris.... The fact that he is liked by Dolan and Dolan hates to send people away when he likes them (*see Isaih Thomas). The same person who pushed the Melo trade is the same person who will decide to move Amare or not.

If there was a Player with reasons to have a OK season at best it was Amare. He came into the season out of basketball shape due to his back injury. Then when he started to put numbers up again his brother died in a freak accident. Then the whole team went through a reorganization with Lin deserving more shots and D'antoni being fired. Then once he started to win again he had another injury (which wasn't major) right after putting on another dominant performance. Then finally when he comes back the Knicks end up facing the Heat in te first round. He'll I wouldn't even be arguing to trade him except this Heat series is making it clear the Knicks need to reorganize and Amare being dumb enough to go berserk only being 2 games down. The slim chances the Knicks had went out the window due to him overreacting.

Also if you read what I wrote I explained how teams can mitigate that 60 million and absorb it into their salary so the hit isn't as large. Also Amare held up for the most part in a season that has grinder away at the entire league and he hasn't been playing mediocre he's been playing at a consistently decent-great level pulling out a couple of 20/10 games this season.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
The sixers have tried to trade for Amare before and would likely do it now. They still have their amnesty and would likely use it on brand or keep brand for next season and have the amnesty in the wings for Amare for the 2 seasons after Brand comes off the books.

They admitted that they tried to trade for Amare during the last losing streak and he would fit into what they're trying to do on offense. They also want a lead scorer. I don't know how the salaries match but IF and I mean IF the Knicks made the Amare trade it would likely be with the Sixers.

Iggy on the flip would work well with Woodson due to his defense and I don't know who else could be in the trade due to salary matching.

Also on the flip and irresponsible as Amare is for injuring himself the Knicks need to think long and hard before they pull that trigger. ZBO was kicked out of town and we all know in hindsight that was a bad move. The Knicks would need to be pretty confidant that moving Amare wouldn't be looked back as being foolish either.

since then Stat has performed poorly and has major back issues not to mention now a possible hand issue

nyk_nyk

All Star
This is exactly the type of thing Stephen A Smith was getting at by wanting to play MIA in the first round. Not necessarily trading STAT but using the competition of the Heat to evaluate who we don't need and what type of players we do need to get to that next level.

Right now because of the injuries and overall decrease in production without a Nash-like pg, STAT is just an average player. It makes sense to try to move him for something else that fits this team structure.

I would love to have a full training camp with everyone and start from there but that won't happen since JR is gone, Novak/Davis may or may not sign and Shump will still be rehabbing.

It will be an interesting off-season.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer

Stat is not totally worthless.

In the right system, he is still a great player. Stat needs to be in a system that's revolving around him. He needs to have a small role on defense. He needs a guard who can get him the ball around the rim.

Let's not forget that Stat is still a star. There will be takers.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
I voted for the Bobcats, he deserves to suffer on the leagues worst team

thats brutal lol! haha :thumbsup:

but the bobcats? ouch lol

they may be "ok" next year, you never know who they end up getting in the draft and via trades in the off season.

skisloper

Starter
Stat is not totally worthless.

In the right system, he is still a great player. Stat needs to be in a system that's revolving around him. He needs to have a small role on defense. He needs a guard who can get him the ball around the rim.

Let's not forget that Stat is still a star. There will be takers.

Of course he is not worthless...its the price tag of 21 million a year thats uninsured thats the issue!!!!!!!!!

I am sure many teams can find a better way of spening 21 million...

PLEASE JORDAN HIRE ISIAH THOMAS AS THE BOBCATS COACH....then we have a shot.

Wargames

Starter
since then Stat has performed poorly and has major back issues not to mention now a possible hand issue

He's played a lot better since philly initially asked about an Amare trade. They were trying to trade for him right before Linsanity when the Knicks were struggling to beat the bobcats. He has played a lot better since then and their team has fallen from at one point the top of the division to squeaking into 8th.

Also Amare's back injury was just for a few weeks in a season full of players suffering injuries.... I mean this season was full of them. Also Baron had a bad back injury with a Hernia that took months. Amare had a minor one that was healed with just a few weeks of rest. The hand doesn't seem like it's too bad from what I hear in the media since they simply treated it and sent him back to NY.

However like I said between that dumb move and the fact this current incarnation of the Knicks seem powerless to stop the Heat the Knicks will have to alter things if their serious about competing for a championship.

Iggy's defense could definitely help in the post season and having money to re-sign Novak and JR would be a good move keeping the majority of Mobb Deep in the hopes of continuing the strong scoring off the bench. The idea would be for Iggy and Shump to harass the Hell out of Wade and Lebron and then allow Melo to focus on scoring in the mismatch against Bosh on the other side.

Last edited: