Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JR Smith - Our Key to Game 3

Veteran

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    If we hope to win we need a big game from Swish and Novak behind the arc. This will help the crowd stay in the game. Good post original poster!!!

Great Point....D.Wade been defendin Novak like the dark-shadow in both games....D.Wades defense took away a big part of our offense...Novak.
    It's a must in Game-3 to provide Novak with some better picks/screens to hold Wade

Veteran

We are gonna need a second and third scorer to have any shot; MELO will get his; my picks to click are JR and BD....

JR didn't start, but so far has played the most of any player.

Not amazing statistics but his intangibles are priceless.

He also got an offensive foul called on Lebron and recharged the crowd with his fast break with Fields.

Lets Re-do the title.

JR Smith our Key to losing game 3.

Ok fine maybe a bit harsh to blame it all on him but he had a terrible night out.

This is a guy who is supposed to come in and score alot of points...its the only reason for his existence in the NBA. Yet he has failed to do that consistently throughout the entire season.

Veteran

Thumbs down Good for only one explosive play every other game

In 4 postseason games JR Smith fga are 21-64, and just one trip to the foul line while averaging 33 minutes per.....that's 5 for 16 shooting per.

After checking JR Smith postseason career his value lies best on the trading deadline day....only good for the regular season games.

In JR's defense... He has nobody else to play with!! He needs to be the one creating shots (and hitting them!) His shooting percentage was low these last games, but he has gotten good shots off. Most of them were not highly contested.

He is now bringing up the ball (as per my suggestion...) which I think is good.

He has been playing decent Defense (he got the offensive foul against Lebron again last night). He also hit that major 3 to ignite the team.

Lay off JR guys. He is the key to game 5!

I agree, he had two bad games. But imagine he hit all of those shots...

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

JR is the wild card period.. If we did not have him it would be B.Walker out there looking drunk or on the IR.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Knicks32
    In JR's defense... He has nobody else to play with!! He needs to be the one creating shots (and hitting them!) His shooting percentage was low these last games, but he has gotten good shots off. Most of them were not highly contested.

He has been playing decent Defense (he got the offensive foul against Lebron again last night). He also hit that major 3 to ignite the team.

If he is the key to the game then someone should tell him to put his head down and drive to the hoop.....We do not need Behind the back dribbles, between the legs , crossovers just to take an off balance shot......tell him to dive and get fouled ...
    ONE VISIT TO THE FOUL LINE IN 64 shots is just stupidy..............Get the heat in foul trouble...so we have 1 on 1 every quarter....thats the key to the game.....

Since Shumpert went down he's basically the key to every game in this series. Melo, Stat and Chandler will be in foul trouble gm 5 since Lebron will get his phantom calls back on home court with gullible and biased ref's.

J.R. probably will get in foul trouble too but that's what comes with his steals which usually result in fast break points and ways for Novak to get more than a second to actually shoot the ball.

The stars will offset each other but we always have a chance if Jr and Novak are draining 3's. The Heat know that but they can't contain J.R. so he is the key.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    He has basically no basketball IQ, overdribbling himself and chucking contested shots won't bring us anywhere. I admit he's had moments making some good plays but usually he looks like a more athletic Dougie...
    amen... watching him play is probably the most frustrating aspect of the Knicks. actually, it's their overall effort. However, JR Smith must be the most stupid bball player I've every seen. Sure, he can shoot albeit very streaky, but he sure does make a TON of stupid decisions.

The crazy part in it all is that Woodson keeps him in there. Honestly, decisions like that from the coach makes me not want him back next year. Please JR, go back to the China league where you can actually be good.

Originally Posted by Knicks32

stop drinking the JR koolaid. this guy is NOT clutch and a serious moron. the amount of stupid mistakes he made tonight is astounding.

"But imagine he hit all of those shots..."

you can say that about anyone. what do you have to say about his ability to drive to the basket and draw fouls?