JR Smith - Our Key to Game 3

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
Here me out here : but I think JR Smith is the best player on the team right now.

He can shoot the long ball, beat defenders on the dribble, he passes when he is doubled, and he knows how to play defense and take a charge.

I know JR likes to play second shift without Melo, but imagine if he and Melo figured out how to play together (like they have in some of the regular season games). Most of the gelling between the two has been because JR has been willing to pass the ball to Melo (more than vice versa).

I think the starting lineup should be:
Tyson
Melo
Novak
Landry
And Smith - bringing up the ball

Smith can make the alley-oop passes to Tyson and Landry as well as Baron can.

We need to be playing on all cylinders with our best players out there.

Not starting Smith is a mistake. He is debatably our best all-around player.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
Why must he stay on the bench?

Smith has the passing abilities to run effective pick and rolls, give and goes, and alleyoops with any of the other guys - especially Tyson, Melo and Landry.

Although not a classic PG he is better than Baron (and *cough*... Lin).

Kiyaman

Legend

Smith has the passing abilities to run effective pick and rolls, give and goes, and alleyoops with any of the other guys - especially Tyson, Melo and Landry.

u kidding right?

JR is 13-28 from the FG with zero FTA in two games in this series....a guard that is afraid of contact is not taking a team anywhere.
A 8 year veteran taking 28 FGA in two games vs the same oponents, and not getting one FTA is a liability to the team.

The young Baron Davis average 7 FTA per game, cough....Lin-Sanity were averaging 3 FTA per-quarter.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
barring too much dribbling and fadeaways he is gonna be a crucial piece to success against the Heat,

but he has to play smarter D, and keep attacking the rack instead of pulling faders all night,

Kiyaman

Legend
Our Key to Game-3 lies in Tyson & Jefferies leadership in the same lineup

Our key to Game-3 in MSG....is our defensive trio lineup of Tyson/Jefferies/Fields receiving 32 minutes of playintime, with Jorts & TD as their backups.
No team beat Miami or OKC the past two seasons by trying to outscore the two teams top-3 high scorers....this is a foolish strategy u would expect from Dantoni in a playoff series, not Woodson.

Our problem in game-1 & 2 were Melo & JR played the same-role as they did in the first-round Denver Nuggets in 2004 to 2007....recall the two consecutive FINALS PF-Kenyon Martin who greed for a Max contract was sorry he signed with the Denver Nuggets.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
If we hope to win we need a big game from Swish and Novak behind the arc. This will help the crowd stay in the game. Good post original poster!!!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
He has basically no basketball IQ, overdribbling himself and chucking contested shots won't bring us anywhere. I admit he's had moments making some good plays but usually he looks like a more athletic Dougie...

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
Hope he comes thru big time. Hes been tweeting picks of chiks asses and him gettin haircuts. Being down 0-2, short 60% of the starting lineup, I'd be more focused but to each his own!

zshopa

Benchwarmer
I think that JR is due for an offensive explosion......

but off the bench :)

we have seen some glimpses of him and Melo doin a lil 2 man game and it doesnt look so bad wonder y woodson doesnt go to that more.

skisloper

Starter

I think you perception of JR is quite warped......No doubt the guy can be a scoring hero and I hope he is.....but come on the dribble dribble dribble just to find a bad shot is absurd......If anytime down the court that ball its his hands twice he is for sure shooting....

Kiyaman

Legend
If we hope to win we need a big game from Swish and Novak behind the arc. This will help the crowd stay in the game. Good post original poster!!!

Great Point....D.Wade been defendin Novak like the dark-shadow in both games....D.Wades defense took away a big part of our offense...Novak.
It's a must in Game-3 to provide Novak with some better picks/screens to hold Wade

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
JR didn't start, but so far has played the most of any player.

Not amazing statistics but his intangibles are priceless.

He also got an offensive foul called on Lebron and recharged the crowd with his fast break with Fields.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Lets Re-do the title.

JR Smith our Key to losing game 3.

Ok fine maybe a bit harsh to blame it all on him but he had a terrible night out.

This is a guy who is supposed to come in and score alot of points...its the only reason for his existence in the NBA. Yet he has failed to do that consistently throughout the entire season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Good for only one explosive play every other game

In 4 postseason games JR Smith fga are 21-64, and just one trip to the foul line while averaging 33 minutes per.....that's 5 for 16 shooting per.

After checking JR Smith postseason career his value lies best on the trading deadline day....only good for the regular season games.