JR Smith - Our Key to Game 3

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
In JR's defense... He has nobody else to play with!! He needs to be the one creating shots (and hitting them!) His shooting percentage was low these last games, but he has gotten good shots off. Most of them were not highly contested.

He is now bringing up the ball (as per my suggestion...) which I think is good.

He has been playing decent Defense (he got the offensive foul against Lebron again last night). He also hit that major 3 to ignite the team.

Lay off JR guys. He is the key to game 5!

I agree, he had two bad games. But imagine he hit all of those shots...

:gony:

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
JR is the wild card period.. If we did not have him it would be B.Walker out there looking drunk or on the IR.

skisloper

Starter
In JR's defense... He has nobody else to play with!! He needs to be the one creating shots (and hitting them!) His shooting percentage was low these last games, but he has gotten good shots off. Most of them were not highly contested.

He has been playing decent Defense (he got the offensive foul against Lebron again last night). He also hit that major 3 to ignite the team.

If he is the key to the game then someone should tell him to put his head down and drive to the hoop.....We do not need Behind the back dribbles, between the legs , crossovers just to take an off balance shot......tell him to dive and get fouled ...
ONE VISIT TO THE FOUL LINE IN 64 shots is just stupidy..............Get the heat in foul trouble...so we have 1 on 1 every quarter....thats the key to the game.....

Arrius

Rookie
Since Shumpert went down he's basically the key to every game in this series. Melo, Stat and Chandler will be in foul trouble gm 5 since Lebron will get his phantom calls back on home court with gullible and biased ref's.

J.R. probably will get in foul trouble too but that's what comes with his steals which usually result in fast break points and ways for Novak to get more than a second to actually shoot the ball.

The stars will offset each other but we always have a chance if Jr and Novak are draining 3's. The Heat know that but they can't contain J.R. so he is the key.

DCinNY

Benchwarmer
He has basically no basketball IQ, overdribbling himself and chucking contested shots won't bring us anywhere. I admit he's had moments making some good plays but usually he looks like a more athletic Dougie...

amen... watching him play is probably the most frustrating aspect of the Knicks. actually, it's their overall effort. However, JR Smith must be the most stupid bball player I've every seen. Sure, he can shoot albeit very streaky, but he sure does make a TON of stupid decisions.

The crazy part in it all is that Woodson keeps him in there. Honestly, decisions like that from the coach makes me not want him back next year. Please JR, go back to the China league where you can actually be good.

DCinNY

Benchwarmer

stop drinking the JR koolaid. this guy is NOT clutch and a serious moron. the amount of stupid mistakes he made tonight is astounding.

"But imagine he hit all of those shots..."

you can say that about anyone. what do you have to say about his ability to drive to the basket and draw fouls?