How to win game 3

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
What do you guys think of using a zone defense against Miami?

They have fast players who love cutting and they love to use that pick and roll or drive and kick out with lebron or wade. I think on defense, we'll almost always have at least one mismatch man to man.

I think it could slow them down if anything. Dallas ran it a few times in the finals last year if i recall.

Kiyaman-"The Heats performance was so damn hot Amare broke the glass to get the fire-exstiquisher."

If I wasn't a knick fan...I would be in stitches too with that one... Lol. But the anger has me feeling other wise right now....we all should be feeling more heated than the Heat. I mean wtf! ....Is there really a Ewing curse or something?

Red

TYPE-A
Red, I think you are an intelligent poster but do you really believe that the Knicks have any shot at beating a team that looks at them as a deer in their headlights? Let's mot forget, the Miami Heat don't have just 1 nor 2 but have 3 beasts that Stephon Marbury in his hey-day would have loved throwing the ball down low to.

Team USA vs USSR (CCCP) in Hockey- were told they didn't have a chance. They were amateurs versus professionals.

The 86 Mets were down to their LAST STRIKE versus Boston in game 6.

The 96 Yankees went down 0-2 at home to the Atlanta Braves.

The 07' and 11' Giants were said to have no shot. One team went up against an UNDEFEATED Belichick team, the other was 7-7 and one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

etc...

What do these teams have in common?

Besides WINNING?

THEY.

ALL.

DID.

NOT.

TAKE.

THE DEFEATIST ATTITUDE.

THEY ALL BELIEVED!

Thats where it starts. In the mind. You must believe that a team IS beatable. That even in defeat, you will go down fighting.

What do you guys think of using a zone defense against Miami?

They have fast players who love cutting and they love to use that pick and roll or drive and kick out with lebron or wade. I think on defense, we'll almost always have at least one mismatch man to man.

I think it could slow them down if anything. Dallas ran it a few times in the finals last year if i recall.

I always wanted a zone in the D'ant days...it can still work but our arsenal is spread a bit thin about now....

DMH

Rookie
lang-balboa.jpg

"THE HEAT WILL WIN THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP"

Isn't it funny how we heard the same thing last year? To use words from the great Dennis Green, "we mind as well crown they asses then"!

Then DAL went on to win the chip, while providing a blueprint and hope that anything is possible. Granted MIA has a few new pieces, they are beatable.

The question isn't who's better... the question is CAN YOU BEAT THEM?

1. Tyson the man handler. He needs to come alive. If he has the flu, I want to see contagion all over the enemy. Thats the least he could do. Besides that, he must get back to patrolling the paint and rolling to the hoop.

As I stated early in the season, Tyson is a mismatch with most centers on offense. We must get him involved early. Its no mystery why we started looking better after our early struggles- we got Tyson involved early, and he produced while drawing fouls. Before Linsanity; pre-Melo drama; there was TYSON rolling to the basket. Let's not forget that! We shouldn't be "looking" for offense when we have an athletic seven footer in the paint. USE HIM!

2. We all saw what the value of a PG who could a) get in the lane and draw defenders, and b) dish, can do. BD must be able to attack, attack, attack. If he can't early, TD must be inserted to attack. If he can't then JR must attack. The point is, by standing and dribbling without a purpose we are playing into the defenses hands. They must be instructed to use any means to get into the paint or ride the bench.

3. MELO must rise. At the 4, Melo has thrived. His perimeter game cannot be defended by other 4's. He is quick enough to stifle any dribble attempts by opposing 4's. He must rise! At the least he can draw fouls from their bigs. Stop settling for jumpers ala MDA and drive young man.

300.jpg

4. Our defense must be stout. If Jeffries or Jorts is in for STAT (or Melo), we must understand that TYSON is still the big man priority and they cannot rely on him on defense like STAT. They must be a presence. They will be needed to spell Melo at the 4 and Tyson. They must take advantage of this opportunity.

Defense MUST be our priority. Our primary goal should be to stop them. All hands on deck, we need to play defense! The offense will come but we need to defeat them on defense. Make them a jump shooting team. This will lead to breaks, and reduce the pressure on offense.

5. Understand, the problem with a team who closes out on offensive players so hard is that they overcommit. Patience and ball movement overrides this. This ball movement has to be crisp, precise, and purposive. The opportunities will come with this approach and it must be by design so as to be replicated until they relent.

6. Use the crowd. This isn't time for reflection or self-pity. This is not the time for excuses. We are at war, and it's a blessing to be here. Let's not take anything for granted and seize the moment. The crowd should be raucous.

7. Believe.

If you think a team is the best; that they are unbeatable, unstoppable, and flawless. Then you've lost before you get on the court. We can compare who's better Melo or Bron, Tyson or Bosh... all day. It's not who's better, individually or collectively.

It's CAN YOU BEAT THEM?

Ask MIL or DAL or KOBE... **** ask the NY GIANTS...

the answer is yes. We must believe. Series aren't won in one game. Championships aren't won with one game. Do enough of the right things and let the chips fall where they may.

The Knicks owe it to us, and just like Lin hitting that three against Toronto, we owe it to them to believe.

It can be done.

3554264957_59133f1c82_o.jpg

When I read this thread I was so inspired. Now it's sad to come in terms with the fact that no team in nba history has won a series after a 3 - 0 loss.

The front office better start working on fixing this already, new changes need to come fast. Now only if we can find a sucker to get stuck with STAT's contract.