Thread: After checking Knicks postseason stats....Amare gets a pass

Hybrid View

Veteran

Default After checking Knicks postseason stats....Amare gets a pass

I maybe the only Knicks fan that change my veiw on Amare's injury after listening/reading so many of the sports writers/talk shows on Radio/TV about a selfish Amare....I went and checked the 2 game stat sheet of a 33 pt loss & 10 pt loss....the sum didnt equal up.

I have to give Amare a pass after checking the 2 games stat sheet....
    I was upset/disapointed in Amare's action after game 2 as the average Knicks fan, but checking the stat sheet of our two high scoring (expensive) star players....I reversed it by putting the shoes on the other foot by giving Amare 40 shot attempts, and Melo 16 shot attempts in the two games.

Avg Per Game

......................[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]__[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]__[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]__[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]__[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]__[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]__[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]__[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]__[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]__[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]_[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]_[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]_[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]_[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]_[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]_[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]_[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]_[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]...2 39:13 7.5 20.5 36.6 0.0 2.5__0.0__5.5 7.0 78.6 3.5 6.0__9.5 2.0 3.5 1.0__0.0 4.0 20.5
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].............2 32:21 6.5 14.0 46.4 2.0 5.5__36.4_0.0 0.0 0.0_1.0 2.0__3.0 3.5_3.0 1.0__0.5 4.0 15.0
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 2 36:32 4.0 8.0 _50.0 0.0 0.0__0.0__5.5 7.5 73.3 1.0 5.0__6.0 0.5 1.5 2.0__0.5 3.0 13.5
    Last edited by Kiyaman; May 03, 2012 at 11:48.

It's a pity the table isn't easy to read, but I get the jist of it.

Statistically he's done ok, but the main issues I've had are when he lets a defender beat him off the dribble or ends up being the player closest to a wide-open jump shooter and just stands there.

I saw Chandler on more than a few occasions run from the other side of the key to the 3pt corner to try and alter a shot. STAT just stands and watches.

Not good enough for the playoffs.

The only way that Amar'e redeems himself is if he comes back in game 4 and puts all of his energy, rage and effort into defending Bosh and Haslem on the other end of the court. I don't care if he doesn't score any points as long as he isn't giving up tons of points to the opposition.

Superstar

Yeah, my problem with him, has been his defensive effort, it's like he refuse to bump people, run at jump shooters, box out, help defense, talk on D, ect.Basically everything Chandler does.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Yeah, my problem with him, has been his defensive effort, it's like he refuse to bump people, run at jump shooters, box out, help defense, talk on D, ect.Basically everything Chandler does.
    sums it all up

Yeah I'm with y'all. If basketball was played on one side of the floor he'd get a pass.. but this dude refuses to put forth even half the effort he spends trying to score on defense and on the boards.

Veteran

Giving the amount of crap he went thru and the limited amount of time he had to work himself into the lineup this year... I still think he played better than most dudes in the league. No I don't think he played up to his contract (doubt he'll ever will), but I can give him a pass for this year too.

I think when he's 100% healthy and focused...he'll remember this season and raise his game to new heights next year. If he don't....may the lord and the fans have mercy on his soul.

Veteran

I can not argue with anyone on Amare's poor performance on the defensive-end of the court, especially after game-one when Tyson Chandler picked up quick fouls and a tech for being to close to Lebron.
    The writing was on the wall.

The Heats frontcourt bigmen Bosh, Haslem, and Joel Anthony has average under double diget scoring in the 2 games....u cant give all that credit to Tyson Chandler.
    Tyson, Amare, and Melo are letting Lebron/Wade do what Lebron/Wade want to do after being disgusted over all the Lebron-Flops in game-1....what have we done about Charmer, Miller, and D.Wade killin us from the peremeter in both games? our peremeter defense didnt show up for the playoffs.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Giving the amount of crap he went thru and the limited amount of time he had to work himself into the lineup this year... I still think he played better than most dudes in the league. No I don't think he played up to his contract (doubt he'll ever will), but I can give him a pass for this year too.

I think when he's 100% healthy and focused...he'll remember this season and raise his game to new heights next year. If he don't....may the lord and the fans have mercy on his soul.

Im wonderin how many peeps will remember this season after Lin-Sanity
    develope Amare/Jorts/and Chandler low-post scoring game next season?
    Recall....Lin-Sanity 7 game win streak was based on "low post scoring"....that is an
    offensive bigman formula our coaching-staff havnt applied in the past 4 seasons.
    Having Amare play down-low with his back to the basket next season will give our
    players so many options in a halfcourt offense.