If Amar'e was any smarter he would have punched Lebron James

knicksin60

Starter
I know we have a million Amar'e threads already but I can't stress the fact that Amar'e couldn't have done the Knicks a bigger favor than starting a Knicks/Heat brawl. Look at how Isiah Thomas was able to ignite Carmelo Anthony to get suspended for 15 games years ago after that Knicks/Nuggets brawl. Or how Pat Riley 15 years ago was able to advance the Heat to the Eastern Conference Finals due to the NBA suspending half of the Knicks' roster. Or how Robert Horry ruined the Suns' chances of winning a championship when he initiated that brawl in the playoffs.

It might be terrible sportsmanship for Amar'e Stoudemire to start a brawl in that style but had he initiated such a thing he could have caused at least one of the Miami big three to get suspended which would have improved the Knicks' chances of at least making it a competitive series. That is a lot better than a non competitive series in which the Knicks get swept.

It is already unfair that the Knicks are playing a team that would easily win a gold medal in the Olympics. And although many would look at Amar'e and the Knicks as classless for doing that, Amar'e at the end of his NBA career will be remembered for the success he had throughout his career and not as the person that started a brawl in the playoffs. Let's not forget how Robert Horry is remembered for the clutch three's that he had with the Lakers and Spurs and how P.J. Brown is remembered as a guy who had a solid NBA career and as a guy who was the missing piece of a Celtic championship team.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
Agreed!

the players nowadayss...all they do is hug and kiss all the time,

you have to have bad-blood to have any motivation to play at a high level in the playoffs,
otherwise half the players don't give a ****,.
most players are content and don't like to challenge themselves,
if they lose, hey big deal, they still got the ton **** load of money to blow off,

Pat was smart to ignite the team like that in the past,
JVG too,

....and get suspended because of a BBall game? I wonder if certain fans will have it in them to do such a thing if they ever had the opportunity? If he was walking down the street...I'm wondering if they would want to hurt him or ask him for his autograph? I know Knick fans are hungry and pissed, but all this misplaced hatered over sports is baffling. I guess some people still can't get over his rejection to play in NYC. Smh

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
....and get suspended because of a BBall game? I wonder if certain fans will have it in them to do such a thing if they ever had the opportunity? If he was walking down the street...I'm wondering if they would want to hurt him or ask him for his autograph? I know Knick fans are hungry and pissed, but all this misplaced hatered over sports is baffling. I guess some people still can't get over his rejection to play in NYC. Smh

what do you say about the players in the 90s?

Can only speak on my behalf: Never liked Lebron from the minute he got drafted in 2003. Just not a fan of his game and I think he's an *******.

There is no elegance in his game, it's all power, power, power. He's like a bulldozer on a basketball court. Even his dunks don't have style imo.

He's a great player and all that, but his game never ever amazed me, unlike Jordan, Kobe or Iverson who play/ed with elegance, finesse and a lot of heart.

Lebron is probably the most naturally talented/physically gifted NBA player of all time, but he can't transfer any kind of emotion or 'wow-moments' to the viewer on TV, completely unlike Michael or Kobe.

I simply don't think his game is pretty, amazing or inspiring.

A machine I can't admire.

If he had Michael's style, Kobe'S footwork or A.I's elusiveness...maybe.

I'm also not a fan of his fake arrogance since joining the Heat. Some guys play with a natural swagger, but Lebron is completely overcompensating and it's totally over the top.

Does that mean we should attack or injure him? Absolutely NOT.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
I am bot for injuring anybody, that's just wrong,

but I miss brawls, tough competitions, hard plays, and the time when being a team meant something

different times different teams. There's an art to playing physical ball but todays league will not allow the roughness of the yesteryears. Certainly punches and elbows are a no no and rightfully so, this is not Hockey.

BBall is about heart and finesse. There is no room for savage behaviour. There are a few other sports where you might get away with some of those rough house tactics. Lets keep at least one contact sport somewhat clean...

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
you cant even set a goddam screen nowadays,
it's gone tooo far for sure,

even hockey and football will soon be like ballet, as we speak ....

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Lebron is probably the most naturally talented/physically gifted NBA player of all time....
God created a bulldozer in LeBron, but He took away his Emotional Intellegent and also gave him a pea-size brain.

God is only fair!

pea.jpg

Last edited:

Peter

Benchwarmer
Can only speak on my behalf: Never liked Lebron from the minute he got drafted in 2003. Just not a fan of his game and I think he's an *******.

There is no elegance in his game, it's all power, power, power. He's like a bulldozer on a basketball court. Even his dunks don't have style imo.

He's a great player and all that, but his game never ever amazed me, unlike Jordan, Kobe or Iverson who play/ed with elegance, finesse and a lot of heart.

Lebron is probably the most naturally talented/physically gifted NBA player of all time, but he can't transfer any kind of emotion or 'wow-moments' to the viewer on TV, completely unlike Michael or Kobe.

I'm also not a fan of his fake arrogance since joining the Heat. Some guys play with a natural swagger, but Lebron is completely overcompensating and it's totally over the top.

He is sure a great player, but he will lose lots of people's respect for sure. To get points and whistle, he can do anything. What a shame. Have you seen lin done anything like that? Never!!

Yeah, I hear ya. I like the rough stuff sometimes too. But sports is getting to competitive and brutal. In the case for football...too many retired players are suffering because of the brutal nature of the game. This is a hugh issue and many fans are clueless to it.

Dave Duerson of the Chargers commited suicide by shooting himself in the chest instead of his head so his brain could be researched for football related head injuries. I suspect Junior Seau did the same thing...

Peter

Benchwarmer

I blame tyson for this, that is too obviouse a personal foul if you use your elbow and push so hard, It is unnecessary and avoidable. LRJ just is a flopper and take advantage of that gold opportunity and acted well.

That is also coach's fault. He has to teach everybody when to foul and how. Silly fouls have to cut down to zero in future.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
I blame tyson for this, that is too obviouse a personal foul if you use your elbow and push so hard, It is unnecessary and avoidable. LRJ just is a flopper and take advantage of that gold opportunity and acted well.

That is also coach's fault. He has to teach everybody when to foul and how. Silly fouls have to cut down to zero in future.

with all due respect that's a dumb argument,
look at this video and talk about consistency
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wzDoyAc6jw

elleclouds

Rookie

You sound bitter about someone you don't know personally. Step away from the game and understand it's just that.. a game