Emergency Game Thread - Game 3, Heat At Knicks

CA7

Scoring Champ
Mike Woodson- "Melo's not going to beat this team by himself, everybody's got to do their part."

I'll listen to the coach before most of you

Hayato

Benchwarmer
not an Amar'e hater love STAT when he plays with fire, I'm real disappointed in the entire team TBH

i love melo and i hate to say it but; when hes motivated by the fans/media, he'll pass theb all but when he gets tired of that, he becomes a ballhog

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Melo is not the blame for the loss tonight. Miami gave him no light what so ever and never game him the chance to get in his sweet spots. Melo is really the only offensive opt for NY. Jr is too inconsistent.
This man is the #TRUTH

Mike Woodson- "Melo's not going to beat this team by himself, everybody's got to do their part."

yes I completely agree, except the fact that woodson cannot draw up an offensive plan that doesn't involve iso-melo to save his life so that makes what he's saying a little less credible.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
But for real, those refs kept calling some shady fouls, I feel like if David Stern just wants LeCrab to finally get a ring.
Heat 18-22 free throws
knicks 22-29 free throws

the only game that was suspect was game 1. Don't start witht he "refs" stuff

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

What the hell gives the coach of our NBA team the right to say such a statement like that!

DMH

Rookie
Heat 18-22 free throws
knicks 22-29 free throws

the only game that was suspect was game 1. Don't start witht he "refs" stuff

It wasn't just the number of freethrows but the timing. Game 1 was pure refball. We probably could've won this series if it wasn't for the refs in game 1. They should be investigated! TEAM KNICKS SINCE 88! :)

That's too sensible for there parts.

How about he helps create shots for others more? He has the ball in his hands 80% of the damn time. He didn't do that at all in the first two games, and only did it a few times this game(twice for Bibby and 3 times for Fields).

He took like 45 shots in the first two games, and Stat took like 15. Only 3 or 4 of Stat's shots were from actual plays, the rest were him picking up the scraps after a rebound. Woodson wants other people to get involved? Quit playing Iso-Melo ball all day. Maybe that would work, or is that too sensible for your parts?

Kiyaman

Legend
Last year postseason, we watched Dantoni sell-out to a career first round knockout Melo....this year we watched Woodson sell-out to a career first round knockout again.

I will say it again....Melo teammates Camby, Kenyon Martin, and Iverson all been to the FINALS before playing on Melo's Denver Nuggets.

CA7

Scoring Champ
yes I completely agree, except the fact that woodson cannot draw up an offensive plan that doesn't involve iso-melo to save his life so that makes what he's saying a little less credible.

Woodson needed to draw up 2 plays to stop the front

1. Melo post up at the elbow, Chandler/Stoudemire flash Melo seals his man and gets a pass with no one at the rim

2. Melo post up on the block, guy in the strongside corner, PG with the ball, Chandler sets a pick to the weakside, other guard gets the ball, Melo seals his man off and receives a pass with the man trailing him allowing him to operate

we only seen #1 once during the game

I also rarely seen any movement off the ball, when I did we got easy buckets, the Heat either constantly move the ball or they move themselves, they iso some times but they establish it with movement, the key to isolation is movement

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
The knicks team lost as a whole. Can any of you honestly blame Carmelo for shooting as much? Everyone from Chalmers all the way to Joel Anthony guarded him. Imagine how exhausting that is. Playing the blame game won't change much. If there is a person to blame, it should be the guy on the sideline who pretty much bailed on the team......again in the playoffs

Hayato

Benchwarmer
The knicks team lost as a whole. Can any of you honestly blame Carmelo for shooting as much? Everyone from Chalmers all the way to Joel Anthony guarded him. Imagine how exhausting that is. Playing the blame game won't change much. If there is a person to blame, it should be the guy on the sideline who pretty much bailed on the team......again in the playoffs

amare was hurt last year too

skisloper

Starter
Man FK this....
Woody sold-out to Melo again....Jorts & Jefferies gave us outstanding team-energy in the first half, and Woody sends them out for coffee in the 2nd half. So we can watch the loosing JR & Melo Denver Nugget playoff in the 2nd half.

If Woody is going to coach like this, Tyson Chandler should try to find away to miss Sunday's game.

19-19 first quarter
17-21 2nd quarter
36-40 haftime lead for the Knicks showed a low scoring defensive game is the best way to beat the Heat & OKC.

Woodson's 24 minute 2nd-half offensive-lineup of Davis/Bibby/JR/Melo/Novak loss the game in the 3rd qtr., without Lebron on the court.

having Novak in was as good as playing 5 against 4.....terrible coaching

skisloper

Starter
Novak over 20 minutes and managed just 2 shots......so WTF did Woodson have him in there for....he does not spread the defense when we only have Melo as an offensive threat,,,,,,,,,The only way to win was on Defense...should have played Jorts more.....anyway all the injuries and amares stupidty killed us.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Game over man. Game over.

Too many injuries to have a chance at even winning a game right now.

Even if we had a full team it would be almost impossible to beat the heat over 7 games. This year has had some ups and downs but the future is bright.

I just hope Stat and Melo learn from their mistakes and come back stronger and better next year.

We will be a higher seed next year too so no first round exit.

oshi

Benchwarmer
Fields had such a dropoff this year, his 3s never even look close to going in. It's a shame.

And meh I felt like the Knicks would lose tonight but at halftime I had my hopes high and had a feeling they could pull off a W. It's kind of pathetic but going in thinking loss makes the pain of the loss less severe, so for the Knicks to be leading and then blow it all away the 2nd half, it just hurts man.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
sh1tty coaching for sure....

DAntoni was a misfit but still he would have found better ways to at least score points.
Woody simply is not an offensive coach.