10 25.64%
  • No (Phil jackson)

22 56.41%
  • No (some other coach)

7 17.95%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Woodson

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    John Calipari??? **** NO... He failed in the NBA his first go round and he will again if he does come back. He's a college coach.
    He did fail once but that was with the nets so can you blame him. He also has alot of connections and especially the one with world wide wes. That could be very helpful when it comes to acquiring star players in the future.

Originally Posted by Rioferd
    He did fail once but that was with the nets so can you blame him. He also has alot of connections and especially the one with world wide wes. That could be very helpful when it comes to acquiring star players in the future.
    yeah as a GM I would love to have those connections but I want the next Greg Pop, a great X and O guy

I think we should keep him UNLESS Phil Jackson or even Jerry Sloan is interested. Besides those two, I can't think of anyone who I would truly want on board, although I could be forgetting someone.

If we somehow get Calipari I would FREAK the F out. I may be in the minority here but I think he is overrated as a coach. Yes I know he just won a national championship but I think he is an unbelievable recruiter and a okay coach at best.

Even recruiting, I wonder how good he would be if the NCAA ever took away his ability to tell kids he knows they want to get in and out to the NBA as quick as possible and doesn't care.

He started Steve Novak last night!? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that starting lineup.

I mean are you for real Woodson???

Steve 'I can't play defense' Novak against the Miami Heat???

It's not like he's scored in this series either. He did **** all and is ****ing useless when he doesn't get open threes.

Jeffries should have started, no brainer. He could have guarded Bosh one-on-one so Chandler could have guarded the paint against penetration and played help defense.

He started Steve Novak...this is a joke man.

Do we actually have ANYTHING good in this organzation?

Shumpert, Chandler, maybe Lin (if he can cut those damn turnovers down).

But that's it as far as I'm concerned.

Woodsn hasn't convinced me, his offense isn't better than D'Antoni's and the defense only improved because STAT was out for a long time and Melo pulled his head out of his ass for the final 20-15 regular season games.

Woodson is decent, but we're not better on offense than we were under D'ANtoni, which is sad to see, because we ****ing sucked under D'Antoni.

Mind you. we're the Knicks so our job is to suck

I couldn't care less about the coach as long as the core of this roster stays the same. No coach will ever win with this roster, not even Red '****ing' Auerbach!

Veteran

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Let Woodson rock the knicks did a lot of good thing while he was the Head Coach. Also I hate to bring this up but he is so well connected to the Knicks organization playing ball with both the official GM (Grunwald) and the Unofficial GM (Isiah Thomas) So I doubt that he will be leaving even if the Knicks are sadly swept.

Also D'antoni wasn't asked to leave until how many losses after he got swept in the first round and even then if you believe the story the catalyst was him asking for Melo to be moved for D. Will (IE a Passive/Agressive way of questioning the Melo trade)
    He connected with the players because the players had no choice....Melo got his wish ( our wish ) and dantonio was sent packing.......
    Woodson has never won anything but makes his teams good....Atlanta never got past the 2nd round....he had that same team for a while and could not get them over the hump....

NO TO CALIPARI....

I say Dolan pays 12 million for Jackson as he will view him as the savior to make the amare/melo situation work...unless of course we can trade stat which we cannot

Knicks has better records since woodson took over, it is fact. Anthony started to play defense 100%. it is also fact.

Lots of Iso since then, it is ugly, a few players stand around and watch, fields also start to shoot 3s, he might get once or twice, but the strategy is wrong.

If you dont have ways to get Novak open, he really is a waste overthere.

We need team play, not iso play. Too bad, Anthony is a iso player.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    He started Steve Novak last night!? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that starting lineup.

I mean are you for real Woodson???

Steve 'I can't play defense' Novak against the Miami Heat???

It's not like he's scored in this series either. He did **** all and is ****ing useless when he doesn't get open threes.

Jeffries should have started, no brainer. He could have guarded Bosh one-on-one so Chandler could have guarded the paint against penetration and played help defense.

He started Steve Novak...this is a joke man.

Do we actually have ANYTHING good in this organzation?

Shumpert, Chandler, maybe Lin (if he can cut those damn turnovers down).

But that's it as far as I'm concerned.

Woodsn hasn't convinced me, his offense isn't better than D'Antoni's and the defense only improved because STAT was out for a long time and Melo pulled his head out of his ass for the final 20-15 regular season games.

Woodson is decent, but we're not better on offense than we were under D'ANtoni, which is sad to see, because we ****ing sucked under D'Antoni.

Mind you. we're the Knicks so our job is to suck

I couldn't care less about the coach as long as the core of this roster stays the same. No coach will ever win with this roster, not even Red '****ing' Auerbach!

AMEN~!!!!!

Not only was every possession 4 vs 5 with Novaks useless ass, Woodson didnt even run a single play for him. What is the point of giving him minutes if hes not poppin 3's its not like he does anything else.

And i completely agree, our defense was better only because Stat was injured. look at yesterdays game. Our Defense was good(at times) but guess who wasnt playing!!!!!

Y Jeffries didnt get the start and melo continues to play out of position in this predictable offense i dont know.

We cant win with a coach that doesnt understand his personel and we cannot win with this roster as it is. just because that Jerk off Dolan makes blockbuster deals and makes headlines, doesnt make him a good owner. it makes him a tool happy to see the money in his pocket.

We also shouldnt be talkin down on all the players here. there should be one thread on this forum thats called F*ck You Dolan.

woodson, jackson, your father, it doesn't matter...the team is coached and run by Melo. Dolan should save himself millions and take the head coaching position.

Woodson needs to haul ass outta this town.

He's no better than MDA, much worse in fact.

Most of y'all just hated MDA's style, but he was a good coach man.

Woodson is an average coach.

Veteran

I like what he's done. Injuries hurt us this year. I like Woodson because he is a no nonsense coach. He preaches Defense and holds everyone accountable. Not all coaches do this. I don't think there is a better coach (thats available) for this group of guys. I can't blame him for the way we are being treated in the post season, we are suffering because we are lacking depth. If we had a full healthy roster and still received these results...I'll have no prob shopping around.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I like what he's done. Injuries hurt us this year. I like Woodson because he is a no nonsense coach. He preaches Defense and holds everyone accountable. Not all coaches do this. I don't think there is a better coach (thats available) for this group of guys. I can't blame him for the way we are being treated in the post season, we are suffering because we are lacking depth. If we had a full healthy roster and still received these results...I'll have no prob shopping around.
    THIS. +1

Woody makes mistakes, but what coach doesn't? Do you think Cuban will fire Carlisle because he got swept by Oklahoma? Woody proved he's the right guy for this job, look at his record, look at how motivated our players look, look at our defense. If you thought Woodson could win us the series against Miami you were delusional. It's not his fault Lin's injured, it's not his fault Davis has to play limited minutes, it's not his fult Shumpert's out, it's not his fault Amare hurt himself and it's not his fault our franchise player can't carry the responsibility for this team. And last but not least, it's not his fault D'Antoni left him with .428 record and only 24 games to go. Woodson deserves to stay.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    THIS. +1

Woody makes mistakes, but what coach doesn't? Do you think Cuban will fire Carlisle because he got swept by Oklahoma? Woody proved he's the right guy for this job, look at his record, look at how motivated our players look, look at our defense. If you thought Woodson could win us the series against Miami you were delusional. It's not his fault Lin's injured, it's not his fault Davis has to play limited minutes, it's not his fult Shumpert's out, it's not his fault Amare hurt himself and it's not his fault our franchise player can't carry the responsibility for this team. And last but not least, it's not his fault D'Antoni left him with .428 record and only 24 games to go. Woodson deserves to stay.
    Watch previous video, how did melo do on defense side compared to now? During linsanity period, everybody played hard on defense side, that is why they won. Since woodson took over, knicks become so much better on defense side, is it purely because of him or certain player? I have doubt.

Veteran

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Byron scott still coaching the cavs? I think he would be a great fit here in ny.
    Byron Scott would be the perfect coach for the Knicks the next six (6) seasons.

Interim coach Woodson's mid-season finish got interim G.M. Grunwald an extendin contract....without Woodson winning record in midseason Grunwald would not have received an extension.

Woodson gave the playoff deck of cards to star-scorer Carmelo Anthony to deal in the postseason, b/c the media and fans big hype was directed on the match-up of "Carmelo vs Lebron James".... .35 cents vs $1.
    There was no way the Knicks were going to beat the Miami Heat in a series however,
    the Knicks 3 star players were worth 2 wins out of 6 games vs the Miami Heat....
    if coach Woodson wouldnt have let Carmelo Anthony leadership lead the Knicks team offense/defense.
    Im hoping this Knicks vs Heats series let everyone on the Knicks coaching-staff know Carmelo Anthony playoff career as the leader of the offense ended in the 2011-12 season.
    Carmelo & JR Smith foolishness took Stat & Novak scoring out of the series more than the Heats defense.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    the team is coached and run by Melo.
    I don't think I would agree with that statement.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Seems to me he picks and chooses who he holds accountable....
    JR Smith can shoot a million times, Hold the ball with fancy dribbling, make senseless fouls and yet his minutes never go down.....doing a double pump dunk when your down by 10 and 2 games to zero is stupidity....

Stat was put right back into the starting line-up regardless that the team was playing well......Accountable would have been Stat off the bench.

Josh had a great 5 minutes in the first half....3 rebounds and 2 points......Yet he did not play after the first half....

He had no interest in using Walker and thats why they released him for a bigman despite the fact that we had Josh and Jordan on the bench...dont know about but I would have loved to have walker ( due to needing a scorer)

I like Woodson and what he has done but he has had good teams and fails every year in the playoffs......he looks a blind eye and crosses his fingers that his stars will pull them on top.....thats not Championship coaching...

PHIL JACKSON or Van Gundy ( NOT STAN )