Votes: 10 25.6%
  • No (Phil jackson)

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • No (some other coach)

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

Peter

Benchwarmer
Knicks has better records since woodson took over, it is fact. Anthony started to play defense 100%. it is also fact.

Lots of Iso since then, it is ugly, a few players stand around and watch, fields also start to shoot 3s, he might get once or twice, but the strategy is wrong.

If you dont have ways to get Novak open, he really is a waste overthere.

We need team play, not iso play. Too bad, Anthony is a iso player.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
He started Steve Novak last night!? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that starting lineup.

I mean are you for real Woodson???

Steve 'I can't play defense' Novak against the Miami Heat???

It's not like he's scored in this series either. He did **** all and is ****ing useless when he doesn't get open threes.

Jeffries should have started, no brainer. He could have guarded Bosh one-on-one so Chandler could have guarded the paint against penetration and played help defense.

He started Steve Novak...this is a joke man.

Do we actually have ANYTHING good in this organzation?

Shumpert, Chandler, maybe Lin (if he can cut those damn turnovers down).

But that's it as far as I'm concerned.

Woodsn hasn't convinced me, his offense isn't better than D'Antoni's and the defense only improved because STAT was out for a long time and Melo pulled his head out of his ass for the final 20-15 regular season games.

Woodson is decent, but we're not better on offense than we were under D'ANtoni, which is sad to see, because we ****ing sucked under D'Antoni.

Mind you. we're the Knicks so our job is to suck :teeth:

I couldn't care less about the coach as long as the core of this roster stays the same. No coach will ever win with this roster, not even Red '****ing' Auerbach!

AMEN~!!!!!

Not only was every possession 4 vs 5 with Novaks useless ass, Woodson didnt even run a single play for him. What is the point of giving him minutes if hes not poppin 3's its not like he does anything else.

And i completely agree, our defense was better only because Stat was injured. look at yesterdays game. Our Defense was good(at times) but guess who wasnt playing!!!!!

Y Jeffries didnt get the start and melo continues to play out of position in this predictable offense i dont know.

We cant win with a coach that doesnt understand his personel and we cannot win with this roster as it is. just because that Jerk off Dolan makes blockbuster deals and makes headlines, doesnt make him a good owner. it makes him a tool happy to see the money in his pocket.

We also shouldnt be talkin down on all the players here. there should be one thread on this forum thats called F*ck You Dolan.

quiggle

Starter
woodson, jackson, your father, it doesn't matter...the team is coached and run by Melo. Dolan should save himself millions and take the head coaching position.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Woodson needs to haul ass outta this town.

He's no better than MDA, much worse in fact.

Most of y'all just hated MDA's style, but he was a good coach man.

Woodson is an average coach.

I like what he's done. Injuries hurt us this year. I like Woodson because he is a no nonsense coach. He preaches Defense and holds everyone accountable. Not all coaches do this. I don't think there is a better coach (thats available) for this group of guys. I can't blame him for the way we are being treated in the post season, we are suffering because we are lacking depth. If we had a full healthy roster and still received these results...I'll have no prob shopping around.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I like what he's done. Injuries hurt us this year. I like Woodson because he is a no nonsense coach. He preaches Defense and holds everyone accountable. Not all coaches do this. I don't think there is a better coach (thats available) for this group of guys. I can't blame him for the way we are being treated in the post season, we are suffering because we are lacking depth. If we had a full healthy roster and still received these results...I'll have no prob shopping around.
THIS. +1

Woody makes mistakes, but what coach doesn't? Do you think Cuban will fire Carlisle because he got swept by Oklahoma? Woody proved he's the right guy for this job, look at his record, look at how motivated our players look, look at our defense. If you thought Woodson could win us the series against Miami you were delusional. It's not his fault Lin's injured, it's not his fault Davis has to play limited minutes, it's not his fult Shumpert's out, it's not his fault Amare hurt himself and it's not his fault our franchise player can't carry the responsibility for this team. And last but not least, it's not his fault D'Antoni left him with .428 record and only 24 games to go. Woodson deserves to stay.

Peter

Benchwarmer
THIS. +1

Woody makes mistakes, but what coach doesn't? Do you think Cuban will fire Carlisle because he got swept by Oklahoma? Woody proved he's the right guy for this job, look at his record, look at how motivated our players look, look at our defense. If you thought Woodson could win us the series against Miami you were delusional. It's not his fault Lin's injured, it's not his fault Davis has to play limited minutes, it's not his fult Shumpert's out, it's not his fault Amare hurt himself and it's not his fault our franchise player can't carry the responsibility for this team. And last but not least, it's not his fault D'Antoni left him with .428 record and only 24 games to go. Woodson deserves to stay.

Watch previous video, how did melo do on defense side compared to now? During linsanity period, everybody played hard on defense side, that is why they won. Since woodson took over, knicks become so much better on defense side, is it purely because of him or certain player? I have doubt.

Kiyaman

Legend
Byron scott still coaching the cavs? I think he would be a great fit here in ny.

Byron Scott would be the perfect coach for the Knicks the next six (6) seasons.

Interim coach Woodson's mid-season finish got interim G.M. Grunwald an extendin contract....without Woodson winning record in midseason Grunwald would not have received an extension.

Woodson gave the playoff deck of cards to star-scorer Carmelo Anthony to deal in the postseason, b/c the media and fans big hype was directed on the match-up of "Carmelo vs Lebron James".... .35 cents vs $1.
There was no way the Knicks were going to beat the Miami Heat in a series however,
the Knicks 3 star players were worth 2 wins out of 6 games vs the Miami Heat....
if coach Woodson wouldnt have let Carmelo Anthony leadership lead the Knicks team offense/defense.
Im hoping this Knicks vs Heats series let everyone on the Knicks coaching-staff know Carmelo Anthony playoff career as the leader of the offense ended in the 2011-12 season.
Carmelo & JR Smith foolishness took Stat & Novak scoring out of the series more than the Heats defense.

skisloper

Starter

Seems to me he picks and chooses who he holds accountable....
JR Smith can shoot a million times, Hold the ball with fancy dribbling, make senseless fouls and yet his minutes never go down.....doing a double pump dunk when your down by 10 and 2 games to zero is stupidity....

Stat was put right back into the starting line-up regardless that the team was playing well......Accountable would have been Stat off the bench.

Josh had a great 5 minutes in the first half....3 rebounds and 2 points......Yet he did not play after the first half....

He had no interest in using Walker and thats why they released him for a bigman despite the fact that we had Josh and Jordan on the bench...dont know about but I would have loved to have walker ( due to needing a scorer)

I like Woodson and what he has done but he has had good teams and fails every year in the playoffs......he looks a blind eye and crosses his fingers that his stars will pull them on top.....thats not Championship coaching...

PHIL JACKSON or Van Gundy ( NOT STAN )

skisloper

Starter
Watch previous video, how did melo do on defense side compared to now? During linsanity period, everybody played hard on defense side, that is why they won. Since woodson took over, knicks become so much better on defense side, is it purely because of him or certain player? I have doubt.

PERFECT.....let him stay as the defensive coach.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If Phil wants the job I think he gets it at this point. Not because Woodson has been terrible, but because you know Phil can coach a team better than anyone else.

That being said I do not want that greaseball John Calipari anywhere near this team. Furthermore I think he'd be a terrible NBA coach.

Seems to me he picks and chooses who he holds accountable....
JR Smith can shoot a million times, Hold the ball with fancy dribbling, make senseless fouls and yet his minutes never go down.....doing a double pump dunk when your down by 10 and 2 games to zero is stupidity....

Stat was put right back into the starting line-up regardless that the team was playing well......Accountable would have been Stat off the bench.

Josh had a great 5 minutes in the first half....3 rebounds and 2 points......Yet he did not play after the first half....

He had no interest in using Walker and thats why they released him for a bigman despite the fact that we had Josh and Jordan on the bench...dont know about but I would have loved to have walker ( due to needing a scorer)

I like Woodson and what he has done but he has had good teams and fails every year in the playoffs......he looks a blind eye and crosses his fingers that his stars will pull them on top.....thats not Championship coaching...

PHIL JACKSON or Van Gundy ( NOT STAN )

I saw Melo and Chandler playing their asses off. The rest of the the team was defering. Fields disappointed me this year, I saw him out there trying but his shot was crappy....like the rest of the team (including Melo). I saw a bunch of missed shots and extra unnecessary passes....like the time Jorts gave up an easy lay up by dribbling it back out side, he got an earful from the coach on that play and if he had super hearing he would have heard me screaming at him too.

There was no one else stepping up. We were just out gunned and out played offensively. The defense was decent but I knew all of our injuries would be our downfall. Have we been healthy the Heat would have a hugh problem on their hands.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
YES.

We must find a way to DUMP STOUDRETIRE.
KEEP Woody.
Make resigning Novak and JR (Lin, Fields) a PRIORITY.

With remaining cap space when STAT gets dumped and players resigned, bring in a good PF. ($20+ MIL is enough for this)

skisloper

Starter
I saw Melo and Chandler playing their asses off. The rest of the the team was defering. Fields disappointed me this year, I saw him out there trying but his shot was crappy....like the rest of the team (including Melo). I saw a bunch of missed shots and extra unnecessary passes....like the time Jorts gave up an easy lay up by dribbling it back out side, he got an earful from the coach on that play and if he had super hearing he would have heard me screaming at him too.

There was no one else stepping up. We were just out gunned and out played offensively. The defense was decent but I knew all of our injuries would be our downfall. Have we been healthy the Heat would have a hugh problem on their hands.

Jorts got crucified and sent to the bench.....Not a smart move by Woodson....2 quick offensive rebounds.....

The demise of last night was Woodsons use of Novak.......Novak took 1 Three pointer in the 1st quarter...and a running jump shot in the 3rd.....
WHY OH WHY was he even on the court if we could not set him for shots...Love Novak but the more I think about Woodsons idea the more blown away I am ,

Jorts got crucified and sent to the bench.....Not a smart move by Woodson....2 quick offensive rebounds.....

The demise of last night was Woodsons use of Novak.......Novak took 1 Three pointer in the 1st quarter...and a running jump shot in the 3rd.....
WHY OH WHY was he even on the court if we could not set him for shots...Love Novak but the more I think about Woodsons idea the more blown away I am ,

who else was he going to start in that position? I think he gave Novak a shot but all he can do is hit the open 3...and when that is not falling...he's worthless. The fact of the matter is we were playing with a bunch of key guys out. There is no real blame to throw around. We are hurting as far as depth goes. People are just pissed for losing to the Heat. So am I, but I'm not going to make insane excuses.

skisloper

Starter
who else was he going to start in that position? I think he gave Novak a shot but all he can do is hit the open 3...and when that is not falling...he's worthless. The fact of the matter is we were playing with a bunch of key guys out. There is no real blame to throw around. We are hurting as far as depth goes. People are just pissed for losing to the Heat. So am I, but I'm not going to make insane excuses.

Novak = Offense.
This series Novak has not been left open to even get a shot.
In Game 3 he was able to take 1 clean shot.
This was as clear as day.

So the best way to beat Miami is defense and a little luck. Maybe Jorts or Jeffires instead of Novak......

Understand NOVAK was a 100% waste on the court.........Woodson hoped and hoped and hoped and hoped some more that there would be some kind of opening for Novak to start shooting....at what point do you surrender to the hope....

Plus Jeffires ( know he was hurt ) and Jorts both had good minutes....

I still dont understand cutting Walker for the bigman that does not play when we had jerome jordan ( who must be horrible in scrimmages since Dantonio and Woodson never played him ) and Jorts.

Not saying we would have won or if it would have been different...Just dont understand Novak's 1 clean shot the entire game and that came early on

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
Woodson is as stubborn as Di'antoni. Out with the old and in with the new. Erik Spoelestra is young and smart.