Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Chronicle

Originally Posted by Den318
    We need to trade the selfish loser in the off season. He is just not a winner. Round one and out 8 out of 9 seasons...if that's not a loser, i dont know what is.
    how r u gonna give up your whole roster for a guy a year ago and then trade him? and youre blaming him as if HE was the only one not makin shots... NOBODY was. and miami focused primarily on melo... the BEST defense in the league. thank god some of u fans are just fans

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    That's incredibly dumb. How old are you??? You're logic is flawed because if that's the case how about blaming someone who had 0 points! Better yet, how about blaming the TEAM for stupid turnovers. While you're at it why not blame Lin and Shump for being injured? lol dumb shiit.
    You could. But those would be dumb pieces to blame.

Look - here's the facts: Carmelo is supposed to be the leader and best player on this team. It is, right now, his squad. If the team loses he takes the blame. That's the way it always has been in this league (blaming the best player for failures of a team), and it'll always be that way.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    The blame game really is nothing new on this board.
    I 100% guarntee you, if we wouldve won yesterday without amare, EVERYBODY will say "trade him!" just like how they were chanting trade melo when we won without him

The blame game really is nothing new on this board.
    I understand that but its a difference between blaming for convenience and blaming for logical basketball reasons.

You could. But those would be dumb pieces to blame.

Look - here's the facts: Carmelo is supposed to be the leader and best player on this team. It is, right now, his squad. If the team loses he takes the blame. That's the way it always has been in this league (blaming the best player for failures of a team), and it'll always be that way.
    But how can he take the blame when everyone knows MIA is superior to us AND we only have a fraction of our full team???? Yes I agree the best players usually get the most blame, but we were never expected to beat this team PLUS we don't have guys that can create for themselves. Add to that our PGs are severely limited.

Blame him when we're at full strength and have a great chance of winning a series. Other than that, all the abuse is just dumb and reactionary.

If everyone is doing their part except Melo then I understand the blame but the guy is doing all he can. WE NEED HIM TO TAKE SHOTS AND SCORE BECAUSE THE HEAT HAVE NO PROBLEM GUARDING ANYONE ELSE.

But how can he take the blame when everyone knows MIA is superior to us AND we only have a fraction of our full team???? Yes I agree the best players usually get the most blame, but we were never expected to beat this team PLUS we don't have guys that can create for themselves. Add to that our PGs are severely limited.

Blame him when we're at full strength and have a great chance of winning a series. Other than that, all the abuse is just dumb and reactionary.
    It's probably unfair to just blame Melo. But that's what's going to happen, like it or not.

That's incredibly dumb. How old are you??? You're logic is flawed because if that's the case how about blaming someone who had 0 points! Better yet, how about blaming the TEAM for stupid turnovers. While you're at it why not blame Lin and Shump for being injured? lol dumb shiit.

Edit: not saying people can't get blame but to blame a guy just for the sake of blaming someone is stupid.
    I am not going to throw insults as I am likely older than you. However, where in my post and please do find the exact sentence where I said, hey lets blame someone for the heck of it. I said when a team isn't working you blame someone, BECAUSE that person is to be blamed. Melo is the leader of the team, he's the best player. He needed to step up and start taking one for the team.

And I'm not exactly trying to bash melo. I feel sort of bad for the guy but on the other hand, he's the one collecting a huge paycheck, making a huge show of coming to ny and not winning the games to prove it. (this could also be said for stat but since this team goes melo's way, I'm cutting him some slacK)

Edit: No, I get what you're saying. This team is depleted and didn't have a great chance to win against miami. But I have more of a problem with melo's leadership than anything. If this was kobe bryant I would be shutting up (and this isn't because I'm a kobe or lakers fan-dislike both actually)

Oh and I really just blame DOLAN for being an absolute retard.
    Last edited by Knicksnation1; May 04, 2012 at 14:49.

Not surprise an overpaid superstar will manipulate to get his way. It's so obvious it's funny. Melo probably read the art of war during his recovery or the 48 laws of power.

9 years not even close to a ring? get the **** out of here.

Originally Posted by Knicksnation1
    I am not going to throw insults as I am likely older than you. However, where in my post and please do find the exact sentence where I said, hey lets blame someone for the heck of it. I said when a team isn't working you blame someone, BECAUSE that person is to be blamed. Melo is the leader of the team, he's the best player. He needed to step up and start taking one for the team.

And I'm not exactly trying to bash melo. I feel sort of bad for the guy but on the other hand, he's the one collecting a huge paycheck, making a huge show of coming to ny and not winning the games to prove it. (this could also be said for stat but since this team goes melo's way, I'm cutting him some slacK)

Edit: No, I get what you're saying. This team is depleted and didn't have a great chance to win against miami. But I have more of a problem with melo's leadership than anything. If this was kobe bryant I would be shutting up (and this isn't because I'm a kobe or lakers fan-dislike both actually)

Oh and I really just blame DOLAN for being an absolute retard.
    So I guess Kobe is the reason the LAL lost in the playoffs last year. I guess Duncan, Parker and Ginobli are the reason the Spurs lost last year as well. Makes sense.

So I guess Kobe is the reason the LAL lost in the playoffs last year. I guess Duncan, Parker and Ginobli are the reason the Spurs lost last year as well. Makes sense.
    They're the reasons why those teams haven't lost every game in the first round for 13 games and set a new nba record no?

Yeah It's Melos fault we got swept by the Nets in 04.

Originally Posted by Knicksnation1
    They're the reasons why those teams haven't lost every game in the first round for 13 games and set a new nba record no?
    Are they the reason they lost in the 1st and 2nd round last year?

Are they the reason they lost in the 1st and 2nd round last year?
    Why aren't you answering my question?

And you're damn right I'm saying that's part of the reason.

Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    you should blame fields and novak.

novak why you no shoot ball in his face?

fields why you pass ball to lebron?

why you no do this?

why you no do that?
    Everybody know novak what he can do and what he can not do, that is coach's job to set up a game plan to make him useful if he wants to start him, if not, he fails. He did failed so many times for novak.

Fields is not even a starter these days if shump is around, plus whose idea is this that he also started to shoot 3s which he is not good at?

They are just average rosters, I dont think it is fair to blame them. They just follow coach's plan.

Who to blame? It is obvious.