My "Anti-Melo Knick Fans" Rant thread

Hayato

Benchwarmer
If melo is a choker, then we wouldve been better off with the choke artist Lebron because at least he takes his teams deep right? Melo just needed help getting through the playoffs but in crunch time, he's money. well he was supposed to be, right? i guess we really missed out on lebron

Id still rather have melo than lebron (that may change if lebron is the catalyst for a championship victory)

you melo haters need to kick rocks. our first year with this team, a shortened season with NO offseason, a season riddled with injuries, a head coaching change, and melo and amare STILL havent had an offseason together yet. we played arguably the best and hungriest team in the league with the best defense and we lost with Lin and Shumpert inactive, Davis with a bad back, an injured Jeffries and now Amare, a flu-ridden Chandler, 70% of our starting lineup playing out of their natural positions, the Heat doubling melo, and our two ancient point guards WALKING up the court cause theyre in such bad physical shape and then swinging it to Melo or whoever and giving the Heat defense all this time to lock-up our guys. no lets just blame melo. i HATE the fact that we got bitch smacked by the heat and we gave them all this momentum going forward (i DESPISE this heat team) but blaming melo is ridiculous

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
then we wouldve been better off with the choke artist Lebron because at least he takes his teams deep right? Melo just needed help getting through the playoffs but in crunch time, he's money. well he was supposed to be, right? i guess we really missed out on lebron

Id still rather have melo than lebron (that may change if lebron is the catalyst for a championship victory)

you melo haters need to kick rocks. our first year with this team, a shortened season with NO offseason, a season riddled with injuries, a head coaching change, and melo and amare STILL havent had an offseason together yet. we play arguably the best and hungriest team in the league with the best defense and we lost with a Lin and Shumpert inactive, Davis with a bad back, an injured Jeffries, a flu-ridden Chandler, and 70% of our starting lineup playing out of their natural positions, and the heat doubling melo. no lets just blame melo. i HATE the fact that we got bitch smacked by the heat and we gave them all this momentum going forward (i DESPISE this heat team) but blaming melo is ridiculous

some logic I can appreciate. :agreed::agreed::agreed:

Hayato

Benchwarmer
idiot_award-300x151.png

whats the point of having a guy who can steamroll his way to the conference finals or even the nba finals, and then wet the bed?

KBlack25

Starter
whats the point of having a guy who can steamroll his way to the conference finals or even the nba finals, and then wet the bed?

What's the point of having a guy as our leader who hasn't lead us to a single playoff victory in 7 tries?

LeBron is the best player alive right now, coming off one of the best seasons in NBA history - it's not an anti-Melo thing. It's a LeBron thing. He's a freak of nature and is that damn good at BASKETBALL (i.e. on both ends of the floor)

Hayato

Benchwarmer
What's the point of having a guy as our leader who hasn't lead us to a single playoff victory in 7 tries?

LeBron is the best player alive right now, coming off one of the best seasons in NBA history - it's not an anti-Melo thing. It's a LeBron thing. He's a freak of nature and is that damn good at BASKETBALL (i.e. on both ends of the floor)

Last year we gutted our roster for Melo and then had our starting PG and Amare out of the playoffs against a veteran team. This year, we have a new coach with a battered roster and everybody playing out of position, against a ferocious defense. Who's to say we won't win game 4? Then will you just cling to Melo's first 7 playoff games as a Knick?

Lebron is the most TALENTED player alive. To be the best, you have to beat the best. and he never has. Instead, his pisses himself in crunch time.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Did you just say...you would rather get swept in the first round then make it into the finals?

It wasn't Melo's fault we (might) get swept. Was it?

Tell me why Lebron had to bitch out and join Wade and Bosh? cause he couldnt just get good role players around him or go somewhere with good roleplayers. He had to take that leap to join 2 other superstars like a big bitch. To continue to put Lebron on a platform is ridiculous

KBlack25

Starter
Last year we gutted our roster for Melo and then had our starting PG and Amare out of the playoffs against a veteran team. This year, we have a new coach with a battered roster and everybody playing out of position, against a ferocious defense. Who's to say we won't win game 4? Then will you just cling to Melo's first 7 playoff games as a Knick?

Lebron is the most TALENTED player alive. To be the best, you have to beat the best. and he never has. Instead, his pisses himself in crunch time.

He dominated crunch time last night.

Tell me why Lebron had to bitch out and join Wade and Bosh? cause he couldnt do it on his own. To continue to put Lebron on a platform is ridiculous

Its not entirely his but its partially. He couldn't WIN IT ALL on his own yet at least didn't get swept in the first round

Edit: I am also not sure why we are having a discussion about if Lebron is the best player or not...

KBlack25

Starter

Tell me why Lebron had to bitch out and join Wade and Bosh? cause he couldnt just get good role players around him or go somewhere with good roleplayers. He had to take that leap to join 2 other superstars like a big bitch. To continue to put Lebron on a platform is ridiculous

So LeBron joining Wade and Bosh makes him a big bitch (despite him carrying a team to the finals), but Melo bitching his way to NY to play with STAT makes him...what? Admirable? Why? Because he came to NY and you're a Knicks fan?

LeBron left in free agency, as he had the right to do. Melo held his team hostage until they sent him to where he wanted to go. Yet LeBron is a bitch and Melo isn't?

KBlack25

Starter
so Carmelo Anthony equates to the knicks losing in the first round? youre the exact people i'm ranting about. how ironic, right?

I didn't say that. Creating strawman arguments? Use some logic.

What I said was if you want Melo over LeBron you are dumb. LeBron carried a team to the finals, Melo hasn't. LeBron is more talented than Melo. From a talent standpoint it's an idiotic and indefensible stance.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Its not entirely his but its partially. He couldn't WIN IT ALL on his own yet at least didn't get swept in the first round

Edit: I am also not sure why we are having a discussion about if Lebron is the best player or not...

ohhh so youre telling me Carmelo Anthony got swept in the first round. Not the Knicks. ok i get it. you win.

you see, I can say Melo didnt get swept in the first round, the Knicks did. And I can also say Lebron choked in the finals, not the Heat. Because when you're a catalyst to getting your team to a title game and then (stephen a smith quote:) "When you come up smaller than Mini-Me in four straight games in the NBA Finals", the best player becoming a minuet piece of the puzzle brings down the entire teams morale. Yes, Wade and Bosh were still there, but Lebron is the face of the Heat now, and he crumbled.

Yeah, Melo is a part of a Knicks team who is extremely inexperienced, injured, playing out of position, physically and emotionally outmatched, but to use this to bring down Melo is ridiculous. Lebron wouldnt win a playoff series with this current roster (if he were replacing Melo)

nyk_nyk

All Star
So LeBron joining Wade and Bosh makes him a big bitch (despite him carrying a team to the finals), but Melo bitching his way to NY to play with STAT makes him...what? Admirable? Why? Because he came to NY and you're a Knicks fan?

LeBron left in free agency, as he had the right to do. Melo held his team hostage until they sent him to where he wanted to go. Yet LeBron is a bitch and Melo isn't?

I don't care much about Lebron but i feel the need to correct you here. Lebron held his team hostage worse than anyone ever has. They could have traded him for a bunch of good pieces but he refused to let them know if he wasn't going to return. THEY GOT NOTHING FOR HIM.

Were you not around for that???

Cavs had to find out on national TV whether or not they keep or lose their superstar and you think Melo did a worse job with his team??? Hahahahaha

Hayato

Benchwarmer
He dominated crunch time last night.

are you kidding me? and you called ME an idiot? first of all, they were playing against a lackluster Knicks team who was already down 0-2 in the series. there was NO pressure at all on lebron. Have lebron shoot anything close to that in game 3,4,5, or 6 in the finals then we'll talk about his crunch-time dominance.

Hayato

Benchwarmer

Melo didn't want to form a super team, LeBron did. there would've been no fair trade the heat could've offered the cavs for lebron to go to miami, so he HAD to wait until free agency. on top of that, cleveland loved lebron like a son, so him demanding a trade would make him look even worse than he did when he walked in free agency. him and bosh had this cute plan devised for both of them to go there in 2010 to win easy rings. that's bitching out

KBlack25

Starter
I don't care much about Lebron but i feel the need to correct you here. Lebron held his team hostage worse than anyone ever has. They could have traded him for a bunch of good pieces but he refused to let them know if he wasn't going to return. THEY GOT NOTHING FOR HIM.

Were you not around for that???

So did Carmelo - LeBron explored options in free agency as he was allowed to do, and they tried to pull the trigger on some moves but didn't want to give up JJ Hickson in a deal for STAT. They wound up making the move for Jamison to try and keep him around.

They didn't trade an expiring Wally Sczerbiak for ANYTHING at the deadline a few years before.

I'm not saying Melo did a worse or a better job. LeBron made some mistakes, but he also acted totally within his rights and left during free agency. As players are allowed to do.

KBlack25

Starter
Melo didn't want to form a super team, LeBron did. there would've been no fair trade the heat could've offered the cavs for lebron to go to miami, so he HAD to wait until free agency. on top of that, cleveland loved lebron like a son, so him demanding a trade would make him look even worse than he did when he walked in free agency. him and bosh had this cute plan devised for both of them to go there in 2010 to win easy rings. that's bitching out

Yea. And LeBron waited until free agency. He was allowed to do that.

Melo knew he wouldn't get his money if he waited to be a free agent, especially with CBA negotiations on the way that might have limited his payday. So he wanted out early.

CA7

Scoring Champ
are you kidding me? and you called ME an idiot? first of all, they were playing against a lackluster Knicks team who was already down 0-2 in the series. there was NO pressure at all on lebron. Have lebron shoot anything close to that in game 3,4,5, or 6 in the finals then we'll talk about his crunch-time dominance.

just stop, you're giving them the attention they want, the only reason people are blaming Melo is because that's the headline that will spice up sport shows, newspapers, magazines and web blogs.

Melo knows whats up and will respond well from this experience, Jordan had trouble with the Pistons, the Heat are Melo's Pistons like I keep saying a hard nosed defensive team who wont let him get anything going.

I got faith in him to lead us to promise land as do you, so why argue with people who are just gonna say nonsense