Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: My "Anti-Melo Knick Fans" Rant thread

Originally Posted by Knicksnation1
    Its not entirely his but its partially. He couldn't WIN IT ALL on his own yet at least didn't get swept in the first round

Edit: I am also not sure why we are having a discussion about if Lebron is the best player or not...
    ohhh so youre telling me Carmelo Anthony got swept in the first round. Not the Knicks. ok i get it. you win.

you see, I can say Melo didnt get swept in the first round, the Knicks did. And I can also say Lebron choked in the finals, not the Heat. Because when you're a catalyst to getting your team to a title game and then (stephen a smith quote "When you come up smaller than Mini-Me in four straight games in the NBA Finals", the best player becoming a minuet piece of the puzzle brings down the entire teams morale. Yes, Wade and Bosh were still there, but Lebron is the face of the Heat now, and he crumbled.

Yeah, Melo is a part of a Knicks team who is extremely inexperienced, injured, playing out of position, physically and emotionally outmatched, but to use this to bring down Melo is ridiculous. Lebron wouldnt win a playoff series with this current roster (if he were replacing Melo)

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    He dominated crunch time last night.

are you kidding me? and you called ME an idiot? first of all, they were playing against a lackluster Knicks team who was already down 0-2 in the series. there was NO pressure at all on lebron. Have lebron shoot anything close to that in game 3,4,5, or 6 in the finals then we'll talk about his crunch-time dominance.

So LeBron joining Wade and Bosh makes him a big bitch (despite him carrying a team to the finals), but Melo bitching his way to NY to play with STAT makes him...what? Admirable? Why? Because he came to NY and you're a Knicks fan?

LeBron left in free agency, as he had the right to do. Melo held his team hostage until they sent him to where he wanted to go. Yet LeBron is a bitch and Melo isn't?
    Melo didn't want to form a super team, LeBron did. there would've been no fair trade the heat could've offered the cavs for lebron to go to miami, so he HAD to wait until free agency. on top of that, cleveland loved lebron like a son, so him demanding a trade would make him look even worse than he did when he walked in free agency. him and bosh had this cute plan devised for both of them to go there in 2010 to win easy rings. that's bitching out

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I don't care much about Lebron but i feel the need to correct you here. Lebron held his team hostage worse than anyone ever has. They could have traded him for a bunch of good pieces but he refused to let them know if he wasn't going to return. THEY GOT NOTHING FOR HIM.

Were you not around for that???
    So did Carmelo - LeBron explored options in free agency as he was allowed to do, and they tried to pull the trigger on some moves but didn't want to give up JJ Hickson in a deal for STAT. They wound up making the move for Jamison to try and keep him around.

They didn't trade an expiring Wally Sczerbiak for ANYTHING at the deadline a few years before.

I'm not saying Melo did a worse or a better job. LeBron made some mistakes, but he also acted totally within his rights and left during free agency. As players are allowed to do.

Originally Posted by Hayato
    Melo didn't want to form a super team, LeBron did. there would've been no fair trade the heat could've offered the cavs for lebron to go to miami, so he HAD to wait until free agency. on top of that, cleveland loved lebron like a son, so him demanding a trade would make him look even worse than he did when he walked in free agency. him and bosh had this cute plan devised for both of them to go there in 2010 to win easy rings. that's bitching out
    Yea. And LeBron waited until free agency. He was allowed to do that.

Melo knew he wouldn't get his money if he waited to be a free agent, especially with CBA negotiations on the way that might have limited his payday. So he wanted out early.

are you kidding me? and you called ME an idiot? first of all, they were playing against a lackluster Knicks team who was already down 0-2 in the series. there was NO pressure at all on lebron. Have lebron shoot anything close to that in game 3,4,5, or 6 in the finals then we'll talk about his crunch-time dominance.
    just stop, you're giving them the attention they want, the only reason people are blaming Melo is because that's the headline that will spice up sport shows, newspapers, magazines and web blogs.

Melo knows whats up and will respond well from this experience, Jordan had trouble with the Pistons, the Heat are Melo's Pistons like I keep saying a hard nosed defensive team who wont let him get anything going.

I got faith in him to lead us to promise land as do you, so why argue with people who are just gonna say nonsense

I didn't say that. Creating strawman arguments? Use some logic.

What I said was if you want Melo over LeBron you are dumb. LeBron carried a team to the finals, Melo hasn't. LeBron is more talented than Melo. From a talent standpoint it's an idiotic and indefensible stance.

from a talent standpoint, it may be. but talent alone doesnt win championships. you can be Lebron James and have all the talent in the world and have no heart, and fall flat on your face in the finals. thats my point. id rather have a guy who you can depend on in the end when you need it. it just so happens that this current knick team as a whole wasnt ready or even healthy enough for this task

Look at LeBron's numbers in the playoffs v. regular season. They are strikingly similar.

But I am a guy that doesn't believe "clutch-ness" is an attributable skill. A hypothesis that has sent many people into a tizzy on this board, no need to rehash it.

from a talent standpoint, it may be. but talent alone doesnt win championships. you can be Lebron James and have all the talent in the world and have no heart, and fall flat on your face in the finals. thats my point. id rather have a guy who you can depend on in the end when you need it. it just so happens that this current knick team as a whole wasnt ready or even healthy enough for this task
    I'd rather have a guy that can carry you there. As LeBron has.

My issue isn't with you saying you still back Carmelo. It's with you saying you would rather have him over LeBron, which indicates to me insane homerism.

Originally Posted by CA7
    just stop, you're giving them the attention they want, the only reason people are blaming Melo is because that's the headline that will spice up sport shows, newspapers, magazines and web blogs.

Melo knows whats up and will respond well from this experience, Jordan had trouble with the Pistons, the Heat are Melo's Pistons like I keep saying a hard nosed defensive team who wont let him get anything going.

I got faith in him to lead us to promise land as do you, so why argue with people who are just gonna say nonsense
    Now we are doing MJ comparisons?

Come on man...

So did Carmelo - LeBron explored options in free agency as he was allowed to do, and they tried to pull the trigger on some moves but didn't want to give up JJ Hickson in a deal for STAT. They wound up making the move for Jamison to try and keep him around.

They didn't trade an expiring Wally Sczerbiak for ANYTHING at the deadline a few years before.

I'm not saying Melo did a worse or a better job. LeBron made some mistakes, but he also acted totally within his rights and left during free agency. As players are allowed to do.

players are allowed to demand trades too. so what did melo do wrong. are you gonna tell me he acted more like a bitch than lebron? because in the quote im quoting you said "im not saying melo did a worse or better job."

Melo fans are idiots. They are just as useless as their hero ISO Melo. Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Melo is not even in the top 15. Lebron is better than Melo in every single way. Melo is a round one loser 8 out of 9 yrs. Nuff said!!!

I'd rather have a guy that can carry you there. As LeBron has.

My issue isn't with you saying you still back Carmelo. It's with you saying you would rather have him over LeBron, which indicates to me insane homerism.
    Nah, its not homerism. I told you already; whats the point of having a guy who will carry you to the finals and then wet the bed? at least with melo, if he has a good enough supporting cast (maybe a better supporting cast than lebron needed in cleveland) he can make baskets in crunch time.

dont forget melo is playing with a brand new team, a semi-new coach, and no offseason to gel with this new group or even amare. he still hasnt had an offseason with amare yet

Originally Posted by CalBunny
    Melo fans are idiots. They are just as useless as their hero ISO Melo. Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Melo is not even in the top 15. Lebron is better than Melo in every single way. Melo is a round one loser 8 out of 9 yrs. Nuff said!!!

as if the Knicks team melo played with the past 2 seasons had nothing to do with it. Hell, the past two years he hasnt even had a damn point guard in the playoffs. last year it was Douglas and this year it was... Damaged Goods Davis and prehistoric Bibby?

how many rings does lebron have? in the end, thats all that matters, right? lebron can have more talent than melo all he wants, but that talent slowly fades away when the pressure is one

Veteran

Rep point given for calling out the haters. Don't try and reason with the unreasonable. This board teaches you that so called KNICK fans are more concerned with TRYING to look intelligent and bs personal agendas then actually supporting the Team and the Best player we've had in over a decade.