Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: My "Anti-Melo Knick Fans" Rant thread

Originally Posted by Hayato
    Nah, its not homerism. I told you already; whats the point of having a guy who will carry you to the finals and then wet the bed? at least with melo, if he has a good enough supporting cast (maybe a better supporting cast than lebron needed in cleveland) he can make baskets in crunch time.

dont forget melo is playing with a brand new team, a semi-new coach, and no offseason to gel with this new group or even amare. he still hasnt had an offseason with amare yet
    These are all things I pointed out when people criticized MDA and our team's performance early. And I believe you told me I was wrong.

And if he needs a better supporting cast than LeBron would need then why would you want him? I can't prefer a guy who has never been to the finals to a guy that I know can carry a team there.

players are allowed to demand trades too. so what did melo do wrong. are you gonna tell me he acted more like a bitch than lebron? because in the quote im quoting you said "im not saying melo did a worse or better job."
    I think asking for a trade is worse than leaving in free agency.

Asking for a trade indicates to your teammates you don't want to be there and makes it more difficult for your team to trade you for fair value.

as if the Knicks team melo played with the past 2 seasons had nothing to do with it. Hell, the past two years he hasnt even had a damn point guard in the playoffs. last year it was Douglas and this year it was... Damaged Goods Davis and prehistoric Bibby?

how many rings does lebron have? in the end, thats all that matters, right? lebron can have more talent than melo all he wants, but that talent slowly fades away when the pressure is one

Like Melo is stepping up to the plate right? How many time you hear Melo on tv saying other people have to step up etc.. Yeah right!!! How about you step up first Mr. loser. I can think of $20 million reason why you should STEP UP. Melo is EPIC FAIL....no other way to say it.

Veteran

as if the Knicks team melo played with the past 2 seasons had nothing to do with it. Hell, the past two years he hasnt even had a damn point guard in the playoffs. last year it was Douglas and this year it was... Damaged Goods Davis and prehistoric Bibby?

how many rings does lebron have? in the end, thats all that matters, right? lebron can have more talent than melo all he wants, but that talent slowly fades away when the pressure is one
    How quickly they forgot Melo and Bron were 1/1a coming out of high-school. Melo just stopped to collect an NCAA title as a frosh before turning PRO. THAT MEANS MELO HAS MORE HARDWARE THAN BRON as we speak. Gotta love REVISIONIST history.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    How quickly they forgot Melo and Bron were 1/1a coming out of high-school. Melo just stopped to collect an NCAA title as a frosh before turning PRO. THAT MEANS MELO HAS MORE HARDWARE THAN BRON as we speak. Gotta love REVISIONIST history.
    Really? Because Melo and Bron came out of high school in different years.

Gotta love revisionist history.

Though really I am not sure what their ranking in HS has to do with anything.

Veteran

Damn, sometimes I wonder if Knick fans even deserve a championship...smh.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I think asking for a trade is worse than leaving in free agency.

Asking for a trade indicates to your teammates you don't want to be there and makes it more difficult for your team to trade you for fair value.
    Bron ABANDON his HOMETOWN; MELO was traded out of the COWTOWN to come HOME. Huge difference. Hater, hater, hater, hater.....only on KO.COM do so-called KNICK fans root for the opposing teams best player(on the hated heat no less) in the middle of a playoff run. Typical. KARMA is the real reason we are in danger of getting swept and haven't won a playoff game since 01'. 98% of fair-weather KNICK fans don't deserve to see the team win crap

Superstar

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Damn, sometimes I wonder if Knick fans even deserve a championship...smh.
    No we don't, because even if we ever win one, people in here, will still find a reason to b*itch.

Veteran

Really? Because Melo and Bron came out of high school in different years.

Though really I am not sure what their ranking in HS has to do with anything.
    High school players have ratings....Both Bron and Melo were five star guys....

Bron ABANDON his HOMETOWN; MELO was traded out of the COWTOWN to come HOME. Huge difference. Hater, hater, hater, hater.....only on KO.COM do so-called KNICK fans root for the opposing teams best player(on the hated heat no less) in the middle of a playoff run. Typical. KARMA is the real reason we are in danger of getting swept and haven't won a playoff game since 01'. 98% of fair-weather KNICK fans don't deserve to see the team win crap
    All I'm saying is LeBron is a better player than Carmelo. I also think LeBron is better than any human alive at basketball right now.

And generally I think leaving in free agency is better than asking for a trade, it's not a Melo thing - I think D12's actions were disgusting. I actually respect D-Will's attitude more.

High school players have ratings....Both Bron and Melo were five star guys....
    That's not what you said. You said they were 1/1A. LeBron and Melo were not 1 and 1a out of high school, because they left in different years. So you are just making stuff up now.

BTW...I just want you to notice who is #1. The guy you are hating on: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Originally Posted by fender0577
    No we don't, because even if we ever win one, people in here, will still find a reason to b*itch.
    Funny I was WRITING my post while NY BALLER was posting...great minds think alike...rep point given

Veteran

That's not what you said.
    You tell me what i said since you are so great at mocking me:"gotta love revisionist history."

Originally Posted by fender0577
    I think we've all gone mad!

You tell me what i said since you are so great at mocking me:"gotta love revisionist history."
    You said LeBron and Melo were 1 and 1a out of high school. They left in different years - so they couldn't have been 1 and 1a, one was in the 2002 class one in 2003. Melo was NOT #1 his year.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You are making up stuff. And it's not even stuff that is relevant to the discussion.