My "Anti-Melo Knick Fans" Rant thread

KBlack25

Starter
You tell me what i said since you are so great at mocking me:"gotta love revisionist history."

You said LeBron and Melo were 1 and 1a out of high school. They left in different years - so they couldn't have been 1 and 1a, one was in the 2002 class one in 2003. Melo was NOT #1 his year.

http://statsheet.com/bhsb/recruiting_class/2002

You are making up stuff. And it's not even stuff that is relevant to the discussion.

Gotta love revisionist history.

Forrest17

Rotation player
You know whats funny?.. Lebron and Carmelo are friends.. I remember hearing Lebron say, "Hey melo, you need to go to the knicks if you want a chance to beat us" before he got traded.

But last night looking at lebrons face, it almost seemed like he was disappointed how easy dismantling this team and beating us was. He didn't even look happy.. It was too effortless for this to even be a competition. Even though he had turned it over, didn't play well the first 3 quarters, and had gotten in foul trouble, it didn't even matter he still destroyed Melo on both ends. A complete joke.

jimkcchief88

All Star
That's not what you said. You said they were 1/1A. LeBron and Melo were not 1 and 1a out of high school, because they left in different years. So you are just making stuff up now.

BTW...I just want you to notice who is #1. The guy you are hating on: http://statsheet.com/bhsb/recruiting_class/2002

Nice find. Now can you figure out why THE ENTIRE WORLD is hating on STAT. Let me help you: Because he is watching from the BENCH because of a self inflicted wound.

KBlack25

Starter
Nice find. Now can you figure out why THE ENTIRE WORLD is hating on STAT. Let me help you: Because he is watching from the BENCH because of a self inflicted wound.

Hate on STAT all you want. You are the one that brought up HS rankings as relevant.

And then made up that Melo and Lebron were 1 and 1a out of HS even though they were in different classes.

Gotta love revisionist history.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
These are all things I pointed out when people criticized MDA and our team's performance early. And I believe you told me I was wrong.

And if he needs a better supporting cast than LeBron would need then why would you want him? I can't prefer a guy who has never been to the finals to a guy that I know can carry a team there.

because lebron cant close. thats why i want him. what i essentially said before was maybe melo would need more talent to get to the finals than lebron had on his cavs team who he brought there. but, as the finals proves, the nba finals are won with heart, not pure talent. pure talent goes out the window when you have no true heart of a champion.

and if lebron wins this year with wade taking all the big shots, it still wouldnt be enough. lebron has to be the reason they win if he's gonna be put on such a pedastol. the heat have no legit excuse not to win it all except if Lebron chokes again. That would then be the (legit) excuse. the heat will probably less fatigued than the team from the west who goes to the finals because the only meaningful teams in the east are injured (except the celtics who i think age will catch up to them if they play the heat.) we lost shump in our series, orlando lost dwight, and chicago lost rose. although i have a suspicion the spurs could just beat the heat methodically

KBlack25

Starter
because lebron cant close. thats why i want him. what i essentially said before was maybe melo would need more talent to get to the finals than lebron had on his cavs team who he brought there. but, as the finals proves, the nba finals are won with heart, not pure talent. pure talent goes out the window when you have no true heart of a champion.

and if lebron wins this year with wade taking all the big shots, it still wouldnt be enough. lebron has to be the reason they win if he's gonna be put on such a pedastol. the heat have no legit excuse not to win it all except if Lebron chokes again. That would then be the (legit) excuse. the heat will probably less fatigued than the team from the west who goes to the finals because the only meaningful teams in the east are injured (except the celtics who i think age will catch up to them if they play the heat.) we lost shump in our series, orlando lost dwight, and chicago lost rose. although i have a suspicion the spurs could just beat the heat methodically

Melo can't get us in position to need to close. That's the point.

Who cares whether he can close if we aren't there in the first place?

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Melo can't get us in position to need to close. That's the point.

Who cares whether he can close if we aren't there in the first place?

and i previously told you, how could we with two prehistoric PGs who cant even run up the floor and help get us quick buckets against the best defense, one of those point guards being injured? With the injuries we had, our lineup yesterday was a joke and it was painfully obvious who the best defense in the league would lockup on.

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
More Melo apologists....

Shortened season, coach change, LaLa's not giving it up... Melo's not getting help, who's fault is that? MELOnomia. A good leader motivates his crew, gives them support if he's struggling. When he didn't get the ball, cries like a bitch.

Plain and simple, if you're a good leader or a likeable player, your teammates will play for you. Look at the team during linsanity streak. Look at all the smiles, cheers, hugs, drying humping by novak. Look at the stats for the starters. Look at 30pts per game Melo and compare that to his teammates during his streak.

9 years in the league and still no ring or even remotely close to hit. Soon enough he'll be able to look at both his hands and say, "damn, no ring." while Phil Jackson needs an extra finger.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
I think asking for a trade is worse than leaving in free agency.

Asking for a trade indicates to your teammates you don't want to be there and makes it more difficult for your team to trade you for fair value.

its better to get unfair value (nuggets-knicks), than no value at all, right? (cavs-heat) if youre a mega star, waiting it out doesnt always make you look all that much better than demanding a trade

and you previously said you werent gonna say if lebrons situation was worse or better than melo's.

KBlack25

Starter
its better to get unfair value (nuggets-knicks), than no value at all, right? (cavs-heat) if youre a mega star, waiting it out doesnt always make you look all that much better than demanding a trade

and you previously said you werent gonna say if lebrons situation was worse or better than melo's.

I understand what I said, and each situation is different - in particular the specifics of LeBron leaving v. Melo leaving make them a lot closer (in my eyes) than my general attitude. I didn't say that leaving in free agency is peachy. But I respect it more than demanding a trade, that's all.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Like Melo is stepping up to the plate right? How many time you hear Melo on tv saying other people have to step up etc.. Yeah right!!! How about you step up first Mr. loser. I can think of $20 million reason why you should STEP UP. Melo is EPIC FAIL....no other way to say it.

how can he step up when he's playing against the best D and at all times, all 4 other players for the Knicks on the floor are complete non-factors

Hayato

Benchwarmer
I understand what I said, and each situation is different. I didn't say that leaving in free agency is peachy. But I respect it more than demanding a trade, that's all.

you also said demanding a trade gives a team unfair value. you were referring to the knicks-nuggets trade. what im telling you is unfair value is better than no value at all, which the cavs got for lebron.

seeing as how youre so anti-melo, i wouldnt be the least bit surprised if up until d'antoni left, you were thoroughly convinced the nuggets got the much better end of the deal like everybody else thought who didnt like melo. i just find it funny how if you originally believed that, you're now backpedaling by saying the nuggets got unfair value. now look at the nuggets.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
More Melo apologists....

Shortened season, coach change, LaLa's not giving it up... Melo's not getting help, who's fault is that? MELOnomia. A good leader motivates his crew, gives them support if he's struggling. When he didn't get the ball, cries like a bitch.

Plain and simple, if you're a good leader or a likeable player, your teammates will play for you. Look at the team during linsanity streak. Look at all the smiles, cheers, hugs, drying humping by novak. Look at the stats for the starters. Look at 30pts per game Melo and compare that to his teammates during his streak.

9 years in the league and still no ring or even remotely close to hit. Soon enough he'll be able to look at both his hands and say, "damn, no ring." while Phil Jackson needs an extra finger.

excellent post!:thumbsup:

KBlack25

Starter
you also said demanding a trade gives a team unfair value. you were referring to the knicks-nuggets trade. what im telling you is unfair value is better than no value at all, which the cavs got for lebron.

seeing as how youre so anti-melo, i wouldnt be the least bit surprised if up until d'antoni left, you were thoroughly convinced the nuggets got the much better end of the deal like everybody else thought who didnt like melo. i just find it funny how if you originally believed that, you're now backpedaling by saying the nuggets got unfair value. now look at the nuggets.

Where did I say the Nuggets got unfair value for Melo? I said that demanding a trade makes it harder for your team to get fair value. It's simple economics. If I tell you I'm desperate to sell my car and I need the money, wouldn't you offer me less for that car than if I said "Well, I really don't want to sell the car"? That's very basic-level supply v. demand.

Melo was a particular case because rather than ask out it's clear he asked to go to NY - but NY was so desperate to get it done at the top we gave them basically everything they asked for. I think we could have gotten away with giving up much less. It's not that any one piece was more valuable than Melo, it's that Dolan got antsy and pulled the trigger prematurely.

And, again, I realize that unfair value is better than no value at all - for the SECOND time now, I didn't say leaving in Free Agency really does your team a solid. Again, I am just saying I respect leaving in free agency as a move much more than demanding out as a general rule.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Now we are doing MJ comparisons?

Come on man...

yes its the same situation Mike was in, couldn't get past a great defense, got shut down in every way but it made him stronger and better, he elevated his game, dont say Jordan was elite in 88 and 89, he was a high volume scorer also but him and his running mate got tougher and battled through and 6 championships later he is the Goat, will Melo be the Goat NO but he will win a title and if he's wearing New York across his chest then he'll forever go down in history as an all time great Knick

Den318

Benchwarmer
how can he step up when he's playing against the best D and at all times, all 4 other players for the Knicks on the floor are complete non-factors

Melo is just as much a non factor as everyone else. The difference is he thinks he is a superstar and leader of the team. He is nothing but a joke. He should refund $15 millions to the Knicks. He plays like an avg joe nba player.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...X5A3AiEGaNK?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Knicks

Someone calling him useless!!!!!!!!!! I totally agreed.