My "Anti-Melo Knick Fans" Rant thread

iSaYughh

Starter
Comparing Jordan to Melo like this....I know you dont think Melo is nearly as good as MJ, but still....saying Jordan wasn't elite in 88' and 89'? Lol damn. Jordan with 1 arm in 88 and 89 is better than Melo -- and pretty much anyone else in the league.

88'

32-8-8, .540 FG% and .850 from the line, along with 3stls.

89'

34-7-6, .530 FG%, 850 from the line, 3stls.

Also, during his 89' season when you could argue some of his stats dipped (lol), he also shot almost .380 from behind the arc.

Jordan, like Lebron, can legit carry a team into contending for a title. If you remove Jordan or Lebron from their teams (which happeend with CLE), looks what happens.

**** dude, Melo left Denver and probably more than half the DEN fans (and management, and coach) thought their chances of winning a title would improve. I know it's not all Melo's fault...but we need to be realistic -- Melo needs to adjust his **** some, before he can legit be treated like that type of franchise savior.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Comparing Jordan to Melo like this....I know you dont think Melo is nearly as good as MJ, but still....saying Jordan wasn't elite in 88' and 89'? Lol damn. Jordan with 1 arm in 88 and 89 is better than Melo -- and pretty much anyone else in the league.

88'

32-8-8, .540 FG% and .850 from the line, along with 3stls.

89'

34-7-6, .530 FG%, 850 from the line, 3stls.

Also, during his 89' season when you could argue some of his stats dipped (lol), he also shot almost .380 from behind the arc.

Jordan, like Lebron, can legit carry a team into contending for a title. If you remove Jordan or Lebron from their teams (which happeend with CLE), looks what happens.

**** dude, Melo left Denver and probably more than half the DEN fans (and management, and coach) thought their chances of winning a title would improve. I know it's not all Melo's fault...but we need to be realistic -- Melo needs to adjust his **** some, before he can legit be treated like that type of franchise savior.

When Melo left Denver no one thought they had a better chance at winning a title, they were one of those teams built for regular season success and nothing more regardless, I said Melo gotta step up and get better 25-10-5 should be his goal, 50+ wins from here on out and continuing his defensive effort, thats the Melo I see in the future

CA7

Scoring Champ
via twitter

be4 u call Carmelo Anthony a loser. Michael Jordan, Paul Pierce, Dirk Nowitzki all had losing playoff record be4 1st ring

So Carmelo Anthony walks onto the floor of MSG to take on the Heat alongside Baron Davis and Steve Novak. Just like he dreamed a year ago

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Carmelo isn't a loser, but he isn't a playoff superstar either. I'm not talking about Denver postseason record with Anthony leading them, but about his individual performances. I understand all your excuses like "he can't win [one game] all by himself", "he gets doubled every possession" etc. But this means nonetheless he doesn't deserve the money he earns and he shouldn't be called a star. As of now he's a great regular season player, but playoffs is a horse of a different color and it seems Carmelo hasn't reached that level yet. Who knows, maybe next season?
:gony:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Carmelo isn't a loser, but he isn't a playoff superstar either. I'm not talking about Denver postseason record with Anthony leading them, but about his individual performances. I understand all your excuses like "he can't win [one game] all by himself", "he gets doubled every possession" etc. But this means nonetheless he doesn't deserve the money he earns and he shouldn't be called a star. As of now he's a great regular season player, but playoffs is a horse of a different color and it seems Carmelo hasn't reached that level yet. Who knows, maybe next season?
:gony:

My infamous Melo quote

he knows how to be a winner, but he doesn't know how to be a champion

Hayato

Benchwarmer
More Melo apologists....

Shortened season, coach change, LaLa's not giving it up... Melo's not getting help, who's fault is that? MELOnomia. A good leader motivates his crew, gives them support if he's struggling. When he didn't get the ball, cries like a bitch.

Plain and simple, if you're a good leader or a likeable player, your teammates will play for you. Look at the team during linsanity streak. Look at all the smiles, cheers, hugs, drying humping by novak. Look at the stats for the starters. Look at 30pts per game Melo and compare that to his teammates during his streak.

9 years in the league and still no ring or even remotely close to hit. Soon enough he'll be able to look at both his hands and say, "damn, no ring." while Phil Jackson needs an extra finger.

of course he'll pout when not gettin the ball... hes a star and is gettin paid big money to do that **** and you have a bunch of amateurs around him passing to eachother

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Where did I say the Nuggets got unfair value for Melo? I said that demanding a trade makes it harder for your team to get fair value. It's simple economics. If I tell you I'm desperate to sell my car and I need the money, wouldn't you offer me less for that car than if I said "Well, I really don't want to sell the car"? That's very basic-level supply v. demand.

Melo was a particular case because rather than ask out it's clear he asked to go to NY - but NY was so desperate to get it done at the top we gave them basically everything they asked for. I think we could have gotten away with giving up much less. It's not that any one piece was more valuable than Melo, it's that Dolan got antsy and pulled the trigger prematurely.

And, again, I realize that unfair value is better than no value at all - for the SECOND time now, I didn't say leaving in Free Agency really does your team a solid. Again, I am just saying I respect leaving in free agency as a move much more than demanding out as a general rule.

the cavs had to find out on tv if lebron would stay or go..he didnt even say anything to them....

CA7

Scoring Champ
just curious wat would u say about lebron

LeBron has all the tools and the manual but doesn't have what it takes psychologically

which is why I think him and Melo are closer than most think

what Melo lacks in physical gifts LeBron possesses but what LeBron lacks psychologically Melo possesses

skisloper

Starter
LeBron has all the tools and the manual but doesn't have what it takes psychologically

which is why I think him and Melo are closer than most think

what Melo lacks in physical gifts LeBron possesses but what LeBron lacks psychologically Melo possesses

There is not a single NBA executive, scout, player . ex-play or coach who would not pick Lebron James before taking Carmelo Anthony....

CA7

Scoring Champ
There is not a single NBA executive, scout, player . ex-play or coach who would not pick Lebron James before taking Carmelo Anthony....

excuse me but where did I say that they would choose Melo over LeBron, when you find that please let me know

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
If melo is a choker, then we wouldve been better off with the choke artist Lebron because at least he takes his teams deep right? Melo just needed help getting through the playoffs but in crunch time, he's money. well he was supposed to be, right? i guess we really missed out on lebron

Id still rather have melo than lebron (that may change if lebron is the catalyst for a championship victory)

you melo haters need to kick rocks. our first year with this team, a shortened season with NO offseason, a season riddled with injuries, a head coaching change, and melo and amare STILL havent had an offseason together yet. we played arguably the best and hungriest team in the league with the best defense and we lost with Lin and Shumpert inactive, Davis with a bad back, an injured Jeffries and now Amare, a flu-ridden Chandler, 70% of our starting lineup playing out of their natural positions, the Heat doubling melo, and our two ancient point guards WALKING up the court cause theyre in such bad physical shape and then swinging it to Melo or whoever and giving the Heat defense all this time to lock-up our guys. no lets just blame melo. i HATE the fact that we got bitch smacked by the heat and we gave them all this momentum going forward (i DESPISE this heat team) but blaming melo is ridiculous

Great post man and agreed.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
All Great Stars in this League have great sidekicks to play alongside

Kevin Durant has Westbrook & harden + Decent Bench

Kobe Bryant has Bynum & Gasol

Lebron James has Wade & Bosh

Derrick Rose has Noah & Deng + Deep Bench

Tim Duncan has Ginobli & parker + Deep bench

Chris Paul has Blake Griffin

Dirk nowitzki has Jason terry & Marion

Rudy Gay has Randolph & Gasol

Carmelo Anthony has well......... AMARE GARBAGEMIRE

Clearly Amare is not the same player he once was, hell he's not even half the player he was in 2010 Pre Melo Trade. The man cant even keep himself in the playoffs, so who's suppose to help Carmelo out? we my friends are witnessing the Boston series all over again, Where we must watch Melo work by himself once again, because nobody else can score aside from JR Smith and JR will either shoot you out a game or keep you in it.

If we were at full health with all our players available, and Melo still had bad shooting nights then ok i can understand a rant, but ALL of our key players minus Melo and Chandler are INJURED. Where do you expect to get like that? what did anyone think Melo was going for 50 point games vs Lebron and battier + help double teams lmao your fooling yourselves. He's giving it his all out there diving on the floor, playing defense etc. Melo has to basically wrestle players to even get the ball. Sometimes he has to bring the ball up the floor, then ontop of that he's playing ALOT of mins.

When Lebrons struggling who steps up? Wade or bosh right?

When kobe is struggling who steps up? gasol or bynum right? (most likely bynum) but thats not the point they still have 2 other options

When Durant is struggling who steps up? Westbrook or harden right?

When Melo is struggling who steps up? .... ill wait....and ill continue waiting........."plays a little jeopardy music while i wait"

Jr- he'll spot you some points but not consistent enough

Baron- he'll spot you some points but will break down as the game progresses

Novak- yeah..... take away the 3 point line he's useless

Chandler- Offense is not his game.

Bibby- Flip a coin and press your luck

Fields- force him to become a jumpshooter and he's done for the night

Lin- injured

Amare- got a boo boo on his hand (injured)

Jeffries ( Basically Injured & offense is not his game)

Shump shump - Injured

whats this leave us with Rookie Jorts & D- leaguer Jerome Jordan?

Last edited:

Den318

Benchwarmer
you can never run out of excuses

Melo fans will find a million excuse why he cant win. The rest of us already know he is a selfish loser. He acted like a bitch when things don't go his way. He is the me me me type of player who will not win anytime in his life. Let the Melo fans continue to worship him while we continue to trash this pos heartless loser.

KBlack25

Starter
the cavs had to find out on tv if lebron would stay or go..he didnt even say anything to them....

You just don't get it.

The way LeBron handled his particular situation was poor. Every player's particular situation is different.

But in general, everything else being equal, a person who leaves via free agency is more honorable to me than someone who demands a trade out.

KBlack25

Starter
When Melo left Denver no one thought they had a better chance at winning a title, they were one of those teams built for regular season success and nothing more regardless, I said Melo gotta step up and get better 25-10-5 should be his goal, 50+ wins from here on out and continuing his defensive effort, thats the Melo I see in the future

Jordan was in his 4th and 5th years in 88 89. Melo has twice as much NBA experience.

Jordan was 25 in 1988. Melo is about to turn 28.

When Jordan was 28, he was about to win his first title. Melo is about to leave in the first round.

You compare Melo to Jordan, and you are failing on so many levels as a hoops fan, that I can't even take you seriously. That's how biased you are.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
When Melo hijacked the Nuggs at gunpoint, he had better thought about the HUGE implications of his Decision. ....

Basically by him doing that he put himself in a do or die situation reputation wise.

If he succeeds with NYK, then he was gonna be a hero, otherwise,...a team destroyer and selfish player.....

I am not judging..... it's not time to judge yet,
but I hope Melo had thought of this. I hope he succeeds :gony:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Jordan was in his 4th and 5th years in 88 89. Melo has twice as much NBA experience.

Jordan was 25 in 1988. Melo is about to turn 28.

When Jordan was 28, he was about to win his first title. Melo is about to leave in the first round.

You compare Melo to Jordan, and you are failing on so many levels as a hoops fan, that I can't even take you seriously. That's how biased you are.

you idiot, I am saying this situation is similar to the one Jordan faced vs Detroit, how is this failing in comparison, its not

If Melo uses this as fuel to light his fire and goes on to dominate next year and hopefully win a ring then the situation is the same on all levels

how hard is it to understand