Who is the biggest Knick dissapointment this year?

Who is the biggest disapointment this year?

• Amare

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Melo

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Baron Davis

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Landry Fields

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Mike Bibby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Kiyaman

Legend
We watched Tyson Chandler co-exist with Jefferies, who co-exist with Novak, who co-exist with Fields, who co-exist with Shump, who co-exist with Walker, who all co-exist with Lin-Sanity on both ends of the court.
So that decrease the poll of disapointing players down to two 35 minute per game players....Stat? or Melo?

I dont know how so many KO members selected Stat over Melo (20-8) at being the most disapointed player.........
Recall
The 2010-11 season, clueless Dantoni started the season off losing 70% of the games untill he put multi-position Wilson Chandler in the starting lineup to have 4 decent option to score to become a .600 team (Stat, Gallo, Wilson, Felton, with rookie Fields doing all the dirty work).

When we aquired Carmelo Anthony the movement of the ball STOPPED....Melo has a problem with passin the ball when he is double-team (which is all the time), Melo shoot-first attitude has stopped all his teammates movement when Melo has the ball....watching 35 games of "ISO-Melo" taking 20 fga per game has been a big DISSAPOINTMENT when u realize u have 3 slashers in Stat/Fields/Shump, and 3 peremeter shooters in Novak/JR/Bibby.
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

Forrest17

Rotation player
Honestly, the biggest disappointment was Lin and Shumpert getting injured. I can live with Melo and Amar'e sucking. But with those 2 I felt like we always had a chance to win. Its unbelievable that them Tyson and Novak were our most effective players.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Honestly, the biggest disappointment was Lin and Shumpert getting injured. I can live with Melo and Amar'e sucking. But with those 2 I felt like we always had a chance to win. Its unbelievable that them Tyson and Novak were our most effective players.

Fresh point of view. Yes. That's quite disappointing! :)

Kiyaman

Legend

:agreed: when u look at it like that....those two players injuries did take away millions of Knicks fans hope.

Benchwarmer
Okay, I won't be popular for posting this, but in the last few games, I've
become dissapointed with Steve Novak. I know when he is good he is
very good, but lately he seems to just stand in the corner. When a ball
is thrown to him, he immediately throws it to someone else because he
is being guarded. He doesn't even seem to try. I thought by now, he'd
try some new moves.

Does anyone else see this?

CA7

Scoring Champ
We watched Tyson Chandler co-exist with Jefferies, who co-exist with Novak, who co-exist with Fields, who co-exist with Shump, who co-exist with Walker, who all co-exist with Lin-Sanity on both ends of the court.
So that decrease the poll of disapointing players down to two 35 minute per game players....Stat? or Melo?

I dont know how so many KO members selected Stat over Melo (20-8) at being the most disapointed player.........
Recall
The 2010-11 season, clueless Dantoni started the season off losing 70% of the games untill he put multi-position Wilson Chandler in the starting lineup to have 4 decent option to score to become a .600 team (Stat, Gallo, Wilson, Felton, with rookie Fields doing all the dirty work).

When we aquired Carmelo Anthony the movement of the ball STOPPED....Melo has a problem with passin the ball when he is double-team (which is all the time), Melo shoot-first attitude has stopped all his teammates movement when Melo has the ball....watching 35 games of "ISO-Melo" taking 20 fga per game has been a big DISSAPOINTMENT when u realize u have 3 slashers in Stat/Fields/Shump, and 3 peremeter shooters in Novak/JR/Bibby.
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

remember when we played Miami and Lin **** the bed, you can say yeah he saved our season and he's a good point guard and he is and I agree but that Miami game showed you why guys like STAT and Melo are important, Game 4 showed you why STAT and Melo are important, there are certain types of players who are needed to beat the Heat and we have the perfect team when healthy to do it.

STAT and Melo sucked ass mostly all year I agree, but saying that D'Antoni was going to do anything close to competing for a a title is absurd. He had better teams in PHX and went nowhere, what we have now is the closest thing we'll ever have to championship contenders. We gotta add some youth and athleticism but the future is bright.

Melo iso'ing has is faults but when guys find their spots and hit their shots no one can stop that

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Okay, I won't be popular for posting this, but in the last few games, I've
become dissapointed with Steve Novak. I know when he is good he is
very good, but lately he seems to just stand in the corner. When a ball
is thrown to him, he immediately throws it to someone else because he
is being guarded. He doesn't even seem to try. I thought by now, he'd
try some new moves.

Does anyone else see this?
I see that too but thats because Woodson wasnt running many plays designed for him. Even if he did, they were just simple screens by Tyson.

MDA offense was a lot more sophisticated, where all players spaced out, with Novak waiting on one wing, PG started attacking from top of the arc, then Novak ran along the arc, another Knick going toward the basket causing Novak defender to fight thru two running screens and freed Novak for an open shot. If he wasnt open, PF or C would set a screen at top of the key for a PnR or PG would penetrate, causing Novak's defender to 'cave in' and PG would dish out back to Novak for an open shot. It was really amazing to watch D'Antoni's offense with a good PG--lots of deceptions, options, and screens.

In the first 3 games, Knicks had very few penetrations. And even they did penetrate, no one dished out to Novak. Even if they are right under the basket, dishing out would be an efficient choice.

The first three games, Knicks was 53% under the basket, efficiency of 1.06. If they wouldve dished out, Novak's 47% means efficiency of 1.41.

But for the Heat, their % under the basket is 71, efficiency of 1.42. So even with Novak on their team, it wouldnt be wise to dish out.

It's like counting cards at a blackjack table. Go for the % and you have a better chance of beating the house.

fender0577

Rotation player
I choose other. MDA screwed this up from the beginning. Enough said...
:agreed::agreed::agreed: I could barely stand to watch the Knicks any more, then i come in here, and some douch is telling me he's(C'ANToni) is an offensive genius, and i just don't understand his Bullsh*t 7 second offense.I'm not gonna name people but, SMDH.So i vote other.

:agreed::agreed::agreed: I could barely stand to watch the Knicks any more, then i come in here, and some douch is telling me he's(C'ANToni) is an offensive genius, and i just don't understand his Bullsh*t 7 second offense.I'm not gonna name people but, SMDH.So i vote other.

There is no way in hell a team this talented should have started the season 8-15. No way. That cat couldnt coach a dozen loose razor blades how to get out of a wet paper bag...

YuvalNYC

Rotation player

There is no way in hell a team this talented should have started the season 8-15. No way. That cat couldnt coach a dozen loose razor blades how to get out of a wet paper bag...

Yea.. I bet Herb Williams would've had a better record with NYK over DAntoni..
or any competent coach for that matter

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Last edited:

LV&C

Benchwarmer
Amare - I could accept that sometimes he would have bad games but I cannot accept half-hearted plays and I cannot accept that he did not conduct himself in a professional manner by beating a helpless fire extinguisher. :boohoo: