View Poll Results: Who is the biggest disapointment this year?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amare

24 48.98%
  • Melo

8 16.33%
  • Baron Davis

4 8.16%
  • Landry Fields

9 18.37%
  • Mike Bibby

0 0%
  • Other

4 8.16%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is the biggest Knick dissapointment this year?

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I agree, one of the best finishers at his position in his prime but when I read he said he can't dunk any more, I knew he was done.

Signing Lin is a priority this off-season with washed up PGs like BD and Bibby but the Warriors will make a push to sign Lin, can't think of a better place for him to play and that's including NY. Home town hero, big Asian population, endorsement deals up the kazoo etc.
    Lin for Curry..........I'll do it

Veteran

I thought everyone knew and agreed the Melo-Trade threw us a curve ball that clueless Dantoni couldnt touch.

Melo's possessiveness to control the ball and offense disturb every Knicks player....stick to what u know and point-foward is not what Melo knows.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I will dump him myself if Nash wants NY...Nash is the only guy that makes keeping Amare worth it
    LOL Nash is 38 years old. THE GUY IS 15 YEARS OLDER THAN JEREMY LIN. FIFTEEN YEARS. You can't be serious.

I can't decide on one player, I'd have to go with 4 and a half actually.

Melo: 3 months of ****-ball followed by one month of great ball, followed by weak Playoffs. I expect better from a so-called franchise player and max. contract guy.

STAT: Did **** all on the court this season. He didn't have a PG by his side, fair enough, but a max contract guy should be able to keep himself going to a certain degree, but Amar'E is completely one-dimensional as a player.

Fields: Can't shoot at all, is a subpar man to man defender and his ball-handling is embarrassing for a pro guard. Not a good passer either. After a great rookie season (minus the Playoffs) he looks like a 12th man at best.

Douglas: Was given the great opportunity to make himself a name as the starting PG for the Knicks. He shouldn't even be the starting PG of the Erie Bayhawks - he's THAT bad.

Davis: I knew he was past it, but damn he doesn't look half the player he was for Cleveland last season. Nowhere near good enough to start in the Playoffs.

I'm not really disappointed by Bibby, because it was obvious that he's past it. I didn't expect anything from him and well, he's delivered nothing. He's like an ugly looking burger you get for free that tastes like ****.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    when Lin leaves the Knicks for another team and you will still be stuck with the high ticket prices because of him how will you feel toward him?
    That high ticket price was due to Knicks' winning streak.
    Whatever reason brings back the winning streak will cause this kind of result.
    It's inevitable.
    Why don't/didn't you want us to win?

Veteran

We watched Tyson Chandler co-exist with Jefferies, who co-exist with Novak, who co-exist with Fields, who co-exist with Shump, who co-exist with Walker, who all co-exist with Lin-Sanity on both ends of the court.
    So that decrease the poll of disapointing players down to two 35 minute per game players....Stat? or Melo?

I dont know how so many KO members selected Stat over Melo (20-8) at being the most disapointed player.........
    Recall
    The 2010-11 season, clueless Dantoni started the season off losing 70% of the games untill he put multi-position Wilson Chandler in the starting lineup to have 4 decent option to score to become a .600 team (Stat, Gallo, Wilson, Felton, with rookie Fields doing all the dirty work).

When we aquired Carmelo Anthony the movement of the ball STOPPED....Melo has a problem with passin the ball when he is double-team (which is all the time), Melo shoot-first attitude has stopped all his teammates movement when Melo has the ball....watching 35 games of "ISO-Melo" taking 20 fga per game has been a big DISSAPOINTMENT when u realize u have 3 slashers in Stat/Fields/Shump, and 3 peremeter shooters in Novak/JR/Bibby.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    when Lin leaves the Knicks for another team and you will still be stuck with the high ticket prices because of him how will you feel toward him?
    you've had your fun here

Superstar

Honestly, the biggest disappointment was Lin and Shumpert getting injured. I can live with Melo and Amar'e sucking. But with those 2 I felt like we always had a chance to win. Its unbelievable that them Tyson and Novak were our most effective players.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    Honestly, the biggest disappointment was Lin and Shumpert getting injured. I can live with Melo and Amar'e sucking. But with those 2 I felt like we always had a chance to win. Its unbelievable that them Tyson and Novak were our most effective players.
    Fresh point of view. Yes. That's quite disappointing!

Originally Posted by rady
    you've had your fun here
    Thank you! You always showed up in the right time!

Veteran

Originally Posted by Forrest17

when u look at it like that....those two players injuries did take away millions of Knicks fans hope.

Okay, I won't be popular for posting this, but in the last few games, I've
    become dissapointed with Steve Novak. I know when he is good he is
    very good, but lately he seems to just stand in the corner. When a ball
    is thrown to him, he immediately throws it to someone else because he
    is being guarded. He doesn't even seem to try. I thought by now, he'd
    try some new moves.

Does anyone else see this?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    We watched Tyson Chandler co-exist with Jefferies, who co-exist with Novak, who co-exist with Fields, who co-exist with Shump, who co-exist with Walker, who all co-exist with Lin-Sanity on both ends of the court.
    So that decrease the poll of disapointing players down to two 35 minute per game players....Stat? or Melo?

I dont know how so many KO members selected Stat over Melo (20-8) at being the most disapointed player.........
    Recall
    The 2010-11 season, clueless Dantoni started the season off losing 70% of the games untill he put multi-position Wilson Chandler in the starting lineup to have 4 decent option to score to become a .600 team (Stat, Gallo, Wilson, Felton, with rookie Fields doing all the dirty work).

When we aquired Carmelo Anthony the movement of the ball STOPPED....Melo has a problem with passin the ball when he is double-team (which is all the time), Melo shoot-first attitude has stopped all his teammates movement when Melo has the ball....watching 35 games of "ISO-Melo" taking 20 fga per game has been a big DISSAPOINTMENT when u realize u have 3 slashers in Stat/Fields/Shump, and 3 peremeter shooters in Novak/JR/Bibby.
    remember when we played Miami and Lin **** the bed, you can say yeah he saved our season and he's a good point guard and he is and I agree but that Miami game showed you why guys like STAT and Melo are important, Game 4 showed you why STAT and Melo are important, there are certain types of players who are needed to beat the Heat and we have the perfect team when healthy to do it.

STAT and Melo sucked ass mostly all year I agree, but saying that D'Antoni was going to do anything close to competing for a a title is absurd. He had better teams in PHX and went nowhere, what we have now is the closest thing we'll ever have to championship contenders. We gotta add some youth and athleticism but the future is bright.

Melo iso'ing has is faults but when guys find their spots and hit their shots no one can stop that

Originally Posted by Newbie
    Okay, I won't be popular for posting this, but in the last few games, I've
    become dissapointed with Steve Novak. I know when he is good he is
    very good, but lately he seems to just stand in the corner. When a ball
    is thrown to him, he immediately throws it to someone else because he
    is being guarded. He doesn't even seem to try. I thought by now, he'd
    try some new moves.

Does anyone else see this?
    I see that too but thats because Woodson wasnt running many plays designed for him. Even if he did, they were just simple screens by Tyson.

MDA offense was a lot more sophisticated, where all players spaced out, with Novak waiting on one wing, PG started attacking from top of the arc, then Novak ran along the arc, another Knick going toward the basket causing Novak defender to fight thru two running screens and freed Novak for an open shot. If he wasnt open, PF or C would set a screen at top of the key for a PnR or PG would penetrate, causing Novak's defender to 'cave in' and PG would dish out back to Novak for an open shot. It was really amazing to watch D'Antoni's offense with a good PG--lots of deceptions, options, and screens.

In the first 3 games, Knicks had very few penetrations. And even they did penetrate, no one dished out to Novak. Even if they are right under the basket, dishing out would be an efficient choice.

The first three games, Knicks was 53% under the basket, efficiency of 1.06. If they wouldve dished out, Novak's 47% means efficiency of 1.41.

But for the Heat, their % under the basket is 71, efficiency of 1.42. So even with Novak on their team, it wouldnt be wise to dish out.

It's like counting cards at a blackjack table. Go for the % and you have a better chance of beating the house.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    So who is the biggest dissapointment this year for this team?

Choices are

Amare
    Melo
    Baron Davis
    Landry Fields
    Mike Bibby
    Other

Sorry I forgot to add Toney Douglas
    I choose other. MDA screwed this up from the beginning. Enough said...