Good post, too bad the bitches rule around here.
This forum is rapidly becoming the biggest joke, everyone bitching and trolls coming out with clear 'anti melo' and 'anti stat' agenda's. Yes, I understand we are a mess at the moment but the reason i come here is to discuss the team we should all love.
Consider this before going onto bitch and suggesting more trades.
1. This team has not had one proper offseason together. Add to this a new coach, shortened season, the fact that the whole starting lineup including Lin only played 7 games together.
2. We are playing against the best team in the league, period. When the Heat turn it on, they win, it's as simple as that. They have been playing brilliantly, last time i checked 80% of our STARTING lineup wasn't 100% (Lin out, Shump out, Amare out, Chandler sick with flu). So many people bashing Woodson already when he was the saviour only 2 months ago. Novak was in our starting lineup for gods sake, and people bash him because he can't beat a completely healthy Heat. Add to this that B-Diddy or Jeffries aren't 100%.
3. Everyone is so quick to beat up on Melo when he was beasting the league barely a week ago. Before you bring up the 'he is a first round exit rubbish', look at the teams he played. Each time he was knocked out in the first round he played the team that went on to win the finals or rep the west. He is getting doubled by the Heat every time he touches the ball and no one is helping him.
Do I believe Stat and Melo are on overpaid contracts, undoubtedly. But people need to take things into perspective and give this team time. I repeat we had 7, yes seven games together as a fully healthy team and went 6-1. So give this team a full offseason together with minor adjustments under Woodson and we are realistically a 50-55 win team good for the 3rd seed in the East.
Yes it does start by our stars becoming more accountable. I find it humiliating when Stat comes out and says things like 'Im going hunting for Lebron this season', and doesn't back it up. Our stars need to prove they are keen this offseason. Personally i'd love for Melo to hit the weights and lower his bodyfat % and improve his overall conditioning in the offseason. STAT needs to stop going to fashion shows and work on some post moves and his defence.
Sorry it probably sounds like im on my period but if i wanted to put up with Knick hating trolls i'd go to insidehoops or some other rubbish site. So if your not behind this team, get out cause we don't ****ing need you.
Last edited by 21 Shump Street; May 05, 2012 at 10:12.
Good post, too bad the bitches rule around here.
Everyone on the board stands behind the team has for most of have been Knick fans for 20 years.....when they completly sucked we never stopped being fans....but to see a guy like Melo openly admit he quit should everyone be quiet.........When we see a guy like stat not play defense and take himself out of 2 consecutive playoff series should we be quiet, when woodson leaves Novak in and got him one shot should we say nothing........dude we love the Knicks but to sit quiet and fall into the abyss again is too harsh......
support the team but I dont see a problem with not supporting players who arent team players.
image courtesy amareisreal
Stop plugging for a following.
As you said in your opening paragraph, the site (best Knicks site on the net, nonetheless. You can confirm that for yourself.) is based on discussion, correct?
As with all things, tension and hard times encourage conflicting opinions, finger pointing etc from people. Some of whom make excellent observations, hypothesis, whatever.
If you don't like the site, or consider it a joke as you said, and I say this in the most endearing manner, it is you who should GTFO.
That said imo it would be in the best interest for Woody to acquire players that fit his style. The question is what is his style? That "style" and the associated components...
MUST BE DESIGNED TO BEAT THE HEAT. We know its possible because DAL did it. They did it with defense, a great knockdown shooter, and a fearless bench. They did it with veterans that didn't turn the ball over due to increased defensive pressure.
The silver lining is that Woody saw what the roster had to offer. IMO IF Woody wants an uber defense and a knock down shooter...
EVERYONE not named Tyson, Shump, or Melo are expendable and MUST be used to acquire two-way, tough players. That will be a challenge.
The players MUST fit the system, and the system MUST be old-school style, get the ball into the paint & post, lock-down, anti-HEAT.
By any means necessary.
Td, Fields, Bibby, Bd, Jorts, JJ's, Lin, JR, Novak, etc... are all expendable. We must take a step back to correct MDA move mistakes. Uunfortunately STAT must be considered a mistake, why? Because at his cost, he can't be considered an offensive threat with consistancy, and is more of a defensive liability.
The offense must be redesigned to play conventionally inside out. Draw fouls, draw the defense, kick it out. Simple yet effective. I feel the MDA blueprint still here with all the reliance on jumpers.
Last edited by Red; May 05, 2012 at 11:38.
It's not the forum that's becoming a joke, it's the team that's a joke and the people are realizing this. This is up there with the Marbury-Isiah days.
The bad part is that Walsh isn't going to be around to clean it up again.
- Your proper offseason argument doesn't make sense. Our star players have been together for more than a year now, a year of underachieving by the way. Chandler started playing great basketball the day the season started, he didn't need only God knows how much time to do what he was supposed to on a regular basis. With all due respect, this is just poor excuse making on your side sir. Not to mention Miami going all the way to the finals or Boston winning a championship in their fist season together. Woody has been around the whole season, he isn't new to the organization. That is why as an assistant coach he was promoted and named our interim coach after D'Antoni left, because he already knew the players and the system wherein they operated, the system he co-created.
- Did you try to figure out why are we playing Miami instead of Orlando or Philadelphia? There was no invisible hand placing us at the bottom of playoff spots. We had 66 games to reach a comfortable position to start the postseason. But because our superstars failed as the season proceeded we are where we are. There was enough time to avoid playing the Heat in the first round.
- This is what makes players superstars, carrying their teams. Carmelo isn't paid $20M/year for complaining about lack of star power around him. We're playing Miami and nobody expects him to win the series on his own. But he and his mate JR are those who are getting more than half our touches in this series, you can't put it on Novak who averages two shot attempts per game or Chandler who barely touches the ball on offense, but you can put it on two guys who combined average 40-45 shot attemps per game and hit 25-30% thereof.
This site would be pretty darn boring if nobody criticized anything about the team.
Originally Posted by Knicksin60
I didn't see a problem when everyone was hating on D'antoni, I didn't see a problem when everyone was hating on landry fields, jarred jeffries etc.
So NOW its a problem?
I disagree about the forum becoming a joke because everyone has the right to express their Opinions, weather they are negative or positive it shouldn't matter
The repeated Threads are becoming annoying though, if we lose to the Heat tomorrow i hope the mods will be on full time duty locking some of the threads up. I can just imagine the kind of crap that will erupt on here.
some threads are funny
Some are very Legit
Some are informative
But the repeated threads, that are being made just because you didn't like what someone else said in the other thread is very POINTLESS.
" I Hate Carmelo"
"oh you do, let me make a thread to tell you all about Carmelo"
"let me make a thread to tell you how wrong you are"
"let me make a thread to tell you how right i am"
seriously lol... whats that all about? Do you really need 5 threads about the same situation to express yourself
We all knicks fans, we do care about knicks' future, that is why we are here.